jops

need help with papers to be sent to fiance after NOA2 is approved

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hello VJ friends,

We got our NOA2 on May 16, 2013. According to NVC they have not received our NOA2. So in the meantime, I am preparing all the needed papers that I need to send to my fiance for his packet 3 and interview. Before sending the needed papers, I just wanted to double check everything so I wont missed anything. Here are my questions, any input will be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

1. What is the best package carrier to send internationally? USA to Vienna, is it DHL or Fedex?

2. For the I-134 Affidavit of support page 2, there is a box that says * intend & * do not intend to make specific contributions to the support

(from the sample form says, N/A K1 visa process for permanent residence) What should be the correct answer?

3. On the bottom of I-134 Affidavit of support under Oath and Affirmation of Sponsor, there is a blank after the first statement I acknowledge

that I have read "Sponsor and Alien Liability" on Page 2 of the instructions .......as amended __________. Is this to be signed or just initials?

4. Do I need to send the original NOA2 or just a copy?

5. For the supporting evidence for the affidavit of support from me and my co sponsor, is letter from the employer enough? or we need to have both letter from employer and bank statements?

6. Do I need to file the I-134 Affidavit of support to US Consulate or my fiance will just bring it to the interview?

Thank you for taking time to read and answer my questions! A blessed day to all!

Hi! Here's my take on your questions... I'm not a pro but seems like no one has replied yet :o I am also still in the preparations for the interview phase.

1. What is the best package carrier to send internationally? USA to Vienna, is it DHL or Fedex?

I would say any carrier that has a tracking system to soothe your worries. Yes DHL or Fedex is great but if you have a local carrier who has a good name and a tracking system, and if its waaaay cheaper then thats good as well.

2. For the I-134 Affidavit of support page 2, there is a box that says * intend & * do not intend to make specific contributions to the support

(from the sample form says, N/A K1 visa process for permanent residence) What should be the correct answer?

We actually googled this. We saw answers that don't seem to be so formal and they got approved. Like "Yes, I will support her until death"..

We just answered something like "I intend to furnish room and board, and all other expenses as long as it is needed"

3. On the bottom of I-134 Affidavit of support under Oath and Affirmation of Sponsor, there is a blank after the first statement I acknowledge

that I have read "Sponsor and Alien Liability" on Page 2 of the instructions .......as amended __________. Is this to be signed or just initials?

Better to write your full name here. There is a separate line for the signature at the bottom of this paragraph

We are bringing the original NOA2 to the interview. It's always good though to keep a copy for yourself.

5. For the supporting evidence for the affidavit of support from me and my co sponsor, is letter from the employer enough? or we need to have both letter from employer and bank statements?

In the separate Instruction PDF that comes with the form I-134, I believe that it states to bring 2 or more of the listed evidence. We will bring all possible evidence available for us. Better to be over-the-top safe than sorry.

6. Do I need to file the I-134 Affidavit of support to US Consulate or my fiance will just bring it to the interview?

We will be bringing it with us to the interview but Im aware it is different per country. Check your instructions for your specific country.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just to add a couple of things, here are my two cents...

We first made the mistake of sending my husband's (then-fiancé) papers by USPS Priority mail. Of course, the papers got lost. He had to re-send everything, this time by DHL Express. It worked fine, but it was rather expensive. As fluff said, make sure you get a tracking number.

We checked "Intend" and wrote "I will fully support my fiancée and then-spouse as a member of my family." I have heard of people who have written "N/A" though, and it seemed to work for them.

My husband wrote his full name.

I would not send the original NOA2 by mail - it might get lost, and you will still need it for your AOS. A copy will be fine. I do not think your fiancé will actually *need* it for the interview (check your consulate's requirements), but it is always advisable to have a copy with them - even if it is just for their peace of mind.

We sent recent paystubs, employers' letters, the latest tax transcript (for my husband's self-employment), and bank statements.

This is a consulate-specific question. Sometimes the beneficiary has to send all of the documents to the consulate in advance (like in Germany), sometimes the beneficiary takes them to the interview. I suggest you ask in the regional forum or check the U.S. Embassy's Austria website to get a definite answer. http://austria.usembassy.gov/iv_k_visa.html

Edited by HK12

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Hi! Here's my take on your questions... I'm not a pro but seems like no one has replied yet ohmy.png I am also still in the preparations for the interview phase.

I would say any carrier that has a tracking system to soothe your worries. Yes DHL or Fedex is great but if you have a local carrier who has a good name and a tracking system, and if its waaaay cheaper then thats good as well.

We actually googled this. We saw answers that don't seem to be so formal and they got approved. Like "Yes, I will support her until death"..

We just answered something like "I intend to furnish room and board, and all other expenses as long as it is needed"

Better to write your full name here. There is a separate line for the signature at the bottom of this paragraph

We are bringing the original NOA2 to the interview. It's always good though to keep a copy for yourself.

In the separate Instruction PDF that comes with the form I-134, I believe that it states to bring 2 or more of the listed evidence. We will bring all possible evidence available for us. Better to be over-the-top safe than sorry.

We will be bringing it with us to the interview but Im aware it is different per country. Check your instructions for your specific country.

Everything is on the money here,

Q#2 I answered yes and wrote the following:

All expenses including but not limited to her Visa, Airline ticket cost to come to the USA and back, US domestic travels, Lodging, Boarding, Food, Incidental expenses, and Medical insurance.

It leaves no doubt in anyone's mind (The CO) that you are committed to provide for your fiance(e).

Edited by kalusha
Timeline for N-400   
Package Sent ----> 3/13/17

Package Received ---> Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 3:50 am

CC Charged ---->  3/20/2017
NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Finger Prints ---> 4/14/2017 --> Early FP 4/12/17!!
Inline for an Interview notice received ---> 4/14/17
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
letter in the mail arrived ---> 9/5/17
Interview Date ---> 10/05/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.