doodlebug

muslim marriage tips

486 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
ok what if your husband said "wow I love when you make that special food" would you not make it when he was working late that day or had a bad day or was super hungry.... in turn what if you said " wow I love it when I get in my car and the tank is full, the inside and outside is clean, and my favorite scent tree is hanging up" would he not make sure that is done for you? if you do for him what he loves he will do for you what you love?? I think that is what Jackie meant....

but then she added, right around the time he might leave his wife........... so these things should be stressed when he gets his greencard so that he will change his mind and stick around.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
monkeymoonbu6.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Other Timeline
ok what if your husband said "wow I love when you make that special food" would you not make it when he was working late that day or had a bad day or was super hungry.... in turn what if you said " wow I love it when I get in my car and the tank is full, the inside and outside is clean, and my favorite scent tree is hanging up" would he not make sure that is done for you? if you do for him what he loves he will do for you what you love?? I think that is what Jackie meant....

If Jackie meant that, then why did she include in many posts that NOT doing these things for your man might effect the outcome of a marriage come the 2-year or 10-year time point? No one is debating doing nice things for your SO.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
where is the redundant police? :huh:

Sigh. Not redundant.

You just didn't get it. I did not go back and do a background check on every poster in this thread. But I would guess that *either* "everyone" *or* (not and!) "almost everyone" who posted in this thread is married or previously married. The alternative, as LB suggested, is that a significant number of posters in this thread are not yet married.

Timeline

Everyone or almost everyone who has posted in this thread is either married or has been perviously.

duhaward.jpg

:lol:

Why is that a duh? Apparently she thought that a lot of the posters were still just engaged.

everyone or almost everyone.......that just about covers......everyone! :lol:

everyone or almost everyone, that has or almost has posted here, may or maynot, have or have not, been married or not married, engaged or not engaged has or have not posted here...

how is that charles??? :wacko:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

moody!!!!

add to your list for Mohammed:

1) clean inside and outside of car

2) make sure moody's tank is filled (no comments from the peanut gallery there charles :P )

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Everyone or almost everyone who has posted in this thread is either married or has been perviously.

duhaward.jpg

Why is that a duh? Apparently she thought that a lot of the posters were still just engaged.

everyone or almost everyone, that has or almost has posted here, may or maynot, have or have not, been married or not married, engaged or not engaged has or have not posted here...

:lol::thumbs:

you work in a law office?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I seriously think it's time to bury the dead horse.

the horse just kicked, it's baaaaaaaack.

Just curious....why? :unsure:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

If Jackie meant that, then why did she include in many posts that NOT doing these things for your man might effect the outcome of a marriage come the 2-year or 10-year time point? No one is debating doing nice things for your SO.

that's true... however what if before it was discussed what was expected from both persons and one person has not been keeping up with there expected part...and then close to the time that the time was expiring then the person realized they have not been keeping up with there part. Therefore they might just start doing what they discussed plus more to make up .... hehehe :yes: what do you think?

duhaward.jpg

:lol::thumbs:

you work in a law office?

no but that might be the only place I have never worked.. :lol:

I think Jackie said what she meant. She pretty clearly tied it to the removal of conditions on the green card. It's in the neighborhood of some 'let's all make adjustments when we marry and be super nice and happy' sentiments that are unobjectionable, but it's not the same thing.

Of course I do nice things for C., and he does nice things for me. We are in love, and both of us care about each other, and are adults. But if we get to the point where I'm thinking, gee, he's going to leave me UNLESS I MAKE LASAGNA, I think something much more fundamental in our relationship would be broken. My lasagna's pretty damn good, but there's limits to its power.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Amal - Jackie's post was quite clear. Also, the way you describe your marriage has nothing to do with the so called rules that have been posted. There has been no train wreck or belittling. If someone makes a post, comment, statement then they should be prepared to back it up, very simple. I also wanted to point out that this topic pretty much died yesterday and you revived it today which is were it started to become a so called train wreck.

LB - I may not be married right now, but I was married for 4 years so I do know what marriage is. No one is saying that a woman shouldn't cook or clean. What we are saying is it should not be a condition of the marriage. Would Ali leave you if you didn't cook and clean? I will most definitly do these things in my home, but not because I'm scared my husband will leave me.

Charles - You have done quite a bit of instigating in this thread without adding anything of value. I don't think you realize that your comments fuel the fire. There is no reason for you to defend one member or another, we are all grown and can handle it ourselves.

Everyone else, seriously this is getting old. Every disagreement is labled as a train wreck. I don't see any personal attacks here. I don't see name calling. I don't understand why people have to make a big thing out of nothing. If people want to discuss this topic then thats all it is, a discussion not a train wreck. If you don't want to participate then don't read, why is that so hard to comprehend?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

moody!!!!

2) make sure moody's tank is filled (no comments from the peanut gallery there charles :P )

I put that example because that is on my list... pretty good huh :thumbs:

that's true... however what if before it was discussed what was expected from both persons and one person has not been keeping up with there expected part...and then close to the time that the time was expiring then the person realized they have not been keeping up with there part. Therefore they might just start doing what they discussed plus more to make up .... hehehe :yes: what do you think?

I think this sounds just as bad. It indicates that the wife felt she could slack for 2+ years because he was dependent on her to stay here and only felt she needed to act like the wife she should have been all along once he can leave.

Filed: Timeline

Yes!! More good ideas. They ARE "outside" activities.

Oh he will make sure my tank is filled in more ways than one ;)

Was that the peanut gallery response you were hoping for?

moody!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

I think that's sick.

He can take his as$ back to where he came from if that's the kind of man he is.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.