doodlebug

muslim marriage tips

486 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I dislike the Christian/Muslim lines that are being drawn, as if we are two different species.

You enter the Christian threads and no one is posting how this is only applies to Christians. They have been been quite welcoming of the entire forum. Seems to me, the same courtesy should be extended to the non-Muslim VJ members in the Muslim threads, and their contributions should be both welcomed and valued.

Seriously, I don't get the distinctions that are being made and the things that have been implied. I realize we all have different beliefs even when we share a religion, but it seems obvious to me that focusing on our similarities rather than our differences would be less divisive and more in accordance with your religion, whatever it may be. (F)

Lesson learned ;) I post in an islamic woman's forum and I'll keep my religious questions there from now on. Just was trying to gain insite from as many peeps as I know who are muslim because I was under the impression that the expectations that Allah has of us as wives are different than in other religions. For example I read that if a muslim wife rejects her husband's come on for sex, the angels curse her from the time she sleeps until the morning. That isn't anything I've ever heard of in Christianity so things like that is what I was looking for. You're right though....this is not the forum for religious discussions. :thumbs:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Now my question is what if the man decides that he is not going to work... would that not be a ""deal breaker?""

I think it is what ever works...

If he works earns all the money then she takes care of the home

If he and she works and earns the money and they hire someone that comes in and takes care of the home

If she works and earns all the money then he takes care of the home

etc....

I dislike the Christian/Muslim lines that are being drawn, as if we are two different species.

You enter the Christian threads and no one is posting how this is only applies to Christians. They have been been quite welcoming of the entire forum. Seems to me, the same courtesy should be extended to the non-Muslim VJ members in the Muslim threads, and their contributions should be both welcomed and valued.

Seriously, I don't get the distinctions that are being made and the things that have been implied. I realize we all have different beliefs even when we share a religion, but it seems obvious to me that focusing on our similarities rather than our differences would be less divisive and more in accordance with your religion, whatever it may be. (F)

Lesson learned ;) I post in an islamic woman's forum and I'll keep my religious questions there from now on. Just was trying to gain insite from as many peeps as I know who are muslim because I was under the impression that the expectations that Allah has of us as wives are different than in other religions. For example I read that if a muslim wife rejects her husband's come on for sex, the angels curse her from the time she sleeps until the morning. That isn't anything I've ever heard of in Christianity so things like that is what I was looking for. You're right though....this is not the forum for religious discussions. :thumbs:

I think that's kinda sad- found this topic highly interesting.

I like different views to things and have always found something "useful" . :)

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Thank you to all that have sent pm's. It means alot.

(F):luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

That was the deal with my first marriage. I didn't work so taking care of the home and kids was my "job". I loved it! I loved being home with my kids. I no longer have that luxury, unfortunately.

Mohamed and I agreed that since we'll both be working (isa) we'll both have household responsibilities. Taking out the trash will def. be one of his :D

I think it is what ever works...

If he works earns all the money then she takes care of the home

The problem is your Islam membership join date is too recent :lol: (kidding)

I don't have a problem with religious threads. I have a problem when Christian members' posts within Muslim threads are not welcomed or retorts are made that this was meant for Muslims. It is an opportunity that can be used for embracing our similarities rather than the differences. While things like salvation and belief pertaining to Jesus may be very different, what makes a person good and decent is rather consistent across all religions and non-religions.

Timeline
That was the deal with my first marriage. I didn't work so taking care of the home and kids was my "job". I loved it! I loved being home with my kids. I no longer have that luxury, unfortunately.

Mohamed and I agreed that since we'll both be working (isa) we'll both have household responsibilities. Taking out the trash will def. be one of his :D

I can't wait to stop taking out the trash!!! :dance::dance::dance: '

I finally convinced my 10 yr old to at least bring the bags into the garage but I'm still the only one who will drag them to the curb for pickup. I HATE doing that especially in the winter when you have to maneuver a place for them in the snow!!! :angry:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Not to mention that there seem to be as many ways to be a good Muslim wife as a good Christian one. Not every practicing Christian wife believes that she must be submissive, and surely there's as much variation in Muslim marriages. Enthusiasm's fine, but I'm not sure there's a how-to manual on how to be a perfect wife, regardless of religion.

I think that there's nothing wrong with changing for a partner, but that if you lose your whole identity, you're changing too much. And if someone's going to swindle you for a green card, it's probably not going to matter so much that you can make a non-microwaved meal.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Since we both work full-time our agreement is: I take care of the inside, he takes care of the outside. Of course he will cook on his day off and I have been known to rake a leaf. (damn last time I got 2 splinters that hurt like heck!) But I do most of the cooking and he handles the garbage and yard work.

But again,,,this is what works for us. I should have learned by now to stay out of this thread but today I must be a glutton for punishment.

Jackie (F)

Mohamed says...you're the boss in the home and I'm the boss outside. The sucky part is...the only outside chore he'd have to do is taking out the garbage. I don't really want him doing anything inside the home. I'm picky about how I like things done...esp. laundry. Hmmmm maybe I can get him to cook once in awhile. Oh and maybe do the vacuuming...that's my least favorite.

Since we both work full-time our agreement is: I take care of the inside, he takes care of the outside. Of course he will cook on his day off and I have been known to rake a leaf. (damn last time I got 2 splinters that hurt like heck!) But I do most of the cooking and he handles the garbage and yard work.

But again,,,this is what works for us. I should have learned by now to stay out of this thread but today I must be a glutton for punishment.

Jackie (F)

Timeline
Mohamed says...you're the boss in the home and I'm the boss outside. The sucky part is...the only outside chore he'd have to do is taking out the garbage. I don't really want him doing anything inside the home. I'm picky about how I like things done...esp. laundry. Hmmmm maybe I can get him to cook once in awhile. Oh and maybe do the vacuuming...that's my least favorite.

Why can't he shovel your car out?

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.