X Factor

George Zimmerman's Lawyer Wants Jurors To See Photos Of Handgun, Pot Plants Found On Trayvon Martin's Cell Phone

496 posts in this topic

Was this the police or 911 operator? George was talking to ?

An operator, of course. You don't call 911 and get a police officer.

Are you going to now tell us that since this was an operator and not "the police", there's no need to take their suggestions?

Does Florida have a different method of choosing jurors?

The guy on trial gets to choose the jurors! What could go wrong?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you not read the transcript? The dispatcher answers, "Sanford Police Dept."

Why would GZ dial 911? Would some of you call 911 in a similar situation? Good grief. No wonder 911 is inundated with frivolous calls.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you not read the transcript? The dispatcher answers, "Sanford Police Dept."

Yeah but a 911 operator is not technically a police officer so that means he wins and everyone else has to go home now.

The guy on trial gets to choose the jurors! What could go wrong?

That's why I asked about how jurors are chosen in Florida. I am only familiar with trials where there is a pool of jurors and the prosecution and defense has a right to reject x numbers of jurors. I have never heard of anyplace where the defendant gets to personally chose all of the jurors. But I'm open minded so I thought I'd ask the question.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

An operator, of course. You don't call 911 and get a police officer.

Are you going to now tell us that since this was an operator and not "the police", there's no need to take their suggestions?

Yep. It's irrelevant to the fact that GZ that night chose to get out of his vehicle against the advice of the dispatcher. This was a police dispatcher, but regardless, they are the go-between when someone is trying to contact the police/fire/medical, and can help save lives.

Yeah but a 911 operator is not technically a police officer so that means he wins and everyone else has to go home now.

rofl.gif

Yep. It's irrelevant to the fact that GZ that night chose to get out of his vehicle against the advice of the dispatcher.

But you know that's not true. You just posted the transcript of the 911 call.

The dispatcher never said don't get out of your vehicle. The dispatcher told him they didn't need him to follow Trayvon and he said okay. Nothing in the transcript you posted shows that he ever ignored the advice of the dispatcher. After he said okay, they began talking about where he would meet the cops. That sounds like he's following the advice of the dispatcher and heading back to the vehicle. We don't know for a fact that he is; but we also don't know that he ignored the advice either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wake up, go to work, get on VJ, talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go home, get on VJ talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go to sleep. Wake up, go to work, get on VJ, talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go home, get on VJ talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go to sleep. Wake up, go to work, get on VJ, talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go home, get on VJ talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go to sleep. Wake up, go to work, get on VJ, talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go home, get on VJ talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go to sleep. Wake up, go to work, get on VJ, talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go home, get on VJ talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go to sleep. Wake up, go to work, get on VJ, talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go home, get on VJ talk about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, go to sleep.....................................................

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think there should be a trial to decide this once and for all. It will help to calm VJ down.

Ewok's ad income will probably drop by half and he'll have to declare bankruptcy.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

why does it matter? was gz a cop? a meddling busy body? a self appointed neighborhood vigilante?

Timeline

But you know that's not true. You just posted the transcript of the 911 call.

The dispatcher never said don't get out of your vehicle. The dispatcher told him they didn't need him to follow Trayvon and he said okay. Nothing in the transcript you posted shows that he ever ignored the advice of the dispatcher. After he said okay, they began talking about where he would meet the cops. That sounds like he's following the advice of the dispatcher and heading back to the vehicle. We don't know for a fact that he is; but we also don't know that he ignored the advice either.

We know he got out of his vehicle to look for TM. It matters not how the dispatcher advised him, GZ got out of his vehicle to follow/find TM. He was looking for a confrontation. He knew the police were on their way. He didn't have to do anything at the point except wait for the real cops to show up, but he didn't. I'm willing to bet that this will be a key piece of evidence that will sway the jurors to find him guilty of manslaughter, particularly in connection with the outrageous remarks he made about TM to the dispatcher.

Filed: Timeline

aw. i don't know why you fellas are getting all butthurt and feeling defensive about possibly being perceived as a racist. gz staying in his car and waiting for the cops would have been the reasonable approach for a responsible neighborhood watchman. race isn't as important in the sequence of events that led up to tm's murder as profiling and irresponsible vigilantism. oddly enough, the profiling has continued in certain media outlets post mortem..

That plus neighborhood watchers are not to be armed, probably to ensure what happened shouldn't have happened. There are so many ways to blow holes in any claim for self defense, their has to be another reason why any intelligent person would stand behind this proven racist.

Filed: Timeline

Actually, what is more indicative of any possible racial prejudice GZ might have was the things he said while talking to the dispatcher, and anything in his past that demonstrates it. There was a co-worker of his who complained after GZ repeatedly 'joked' using stereotypes about his ethnicity (I can't remember what it was, but I think he was from India). Then there's a cousin of GZ who says that he has said some racist things about blacks. Also, GZ's older brother, Robert, tweeted some racially offensive material for which he acknowledged was wrong and apologized. Granted, that's his brother, but it was in the context of defending GZ and talking about TM.

I think people misuse the term racist though. To me, a racist is someone who believes a particular ethnicity is inferior genetically. Racial prejudice, on the other hand is when someone thinks, says or acts on racial stereotypes in the way they treat someone from a particular ethnicity. For example, if I believed the Mexicans were lazy and I kept teasing my Mexican co-worker about having to take naps, that's being prejudice. Based on the evidence, it sounds to me that GZ has some racial prejudice about blacks, but I don't think he's a racist.

No, he is a racist, through and through.

Timeline

And here's relevant

George Zimmerman was fired from his job as an under-the-table security guard for “being too aggressive,” a former co-worker told the Daily News.

“Usually he was just a cool guy. He liked to drink and hang with the women like the rest of us,” he said. “But it was like Jekyll and Hyde. When the dude snapped, he snapped.”

The source said Zimmerman, who made between $50 and $100 a night, was let go in 2005.

“He had a temper and he became a liability,” the man said. “One time this woman was acting a little out of control. She was drunk. George lost his cool and totally overreacted,” he said. “It was weird, because he was such a cool guy, but he got all nuts. He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out.”

The year 2005 was a bad one for Zimmerman: he was arrested for fighting with a cop trying to arrest his friend for underage drinking, and he and his ex-fiancée took out protective orders against each other.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-lost-job-party-security-guard-aggressive-ex-co-worker-article-1.1053223#ixzz2Usjj2elu