Ban Hammer

wednesday thread

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, today I think I am going to attempt another call to the service ppl regarding my own laptop . . . yesterday they told me to "restore" and if it didn't work, to call back . . . of course, it didn't work . . . it isn't a software problem from what i can tell . . . and not a virus either. I wish they would just live up to their agreements and give you the on-site person that you pay for, grrrrrr!!! :P

Isn't that always the way??? they want to sell the contracts, but not do anything to fulfil them . . . no wonder they tell you not to buy these extended warranties . . . my experience is always that the computers decide to have problems the minute they go out of warranty no matter how long it is.

At least my work laptop is OK . . . but it is a Dell . . . sometimes I think it will explode into fire immediately from the faulty battery, but the battery I have is not on the list of "bad" ones. Just my luck! :lol::lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am in total agreement about the laptop thing! I have a laptop I bought back in March, and the screen went freaky on me. It has all kinds of black splotches on it. When I called Office Depot, who sold me the extended warranty, they said it was still under a manufacturer's warranty. The manufacturer is saying that their warranty is limited and most likely will not cover whatever the problem is since it has to do with the screen. Office depot refuses to do anything because to them, it's still Toshiba's responsibility. Needless to say, I am REALLY annoyed.

But, it's Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, so I am going to say what I am thankful for. I am thankful that I have a loving, wonderful husband and that we are able to be together for all holidays from here on out. I am thankful for having a supportive family who has really been there for me this year. And, I am thankful to you all for all of your help during the visa and AOS process, and for keeping me entertained and enlightened on a daily basis.

I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving!!!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
woke up at 2:50am this morning

www.boston.com

Felt the blast and I'm two towns over! I can actually smell the chemicals in the air.

Thanks for posting, doodle. I had no idea...

Sounds like lots of excitement going on in some places this morning. I woke up to the radio saying that there was a wreck where a train hit a stalled car on the road to our main plant, then it mentioned another wreck on the road that I work on but I didn't catch which end of it so had to listen from then on to know which way to come in. We've had cold yucky rain for 2 days now. It honestly makes me miss snow. At least then you feel like it's winter.

Is it just our office, or is everyone just pretending to work? People are typing away frantically, but when you go to the printer you find personal e-mails from people with e-mail addresses like: MeBDumNLikesIt. Or everyone is gathered around someones desk looking at that person's childrens' school picture proofs online. I feel like the only person in the office working today.

Happy Day before Turkey Day! Long weekend WOOOT! :dance:

I will be spending most of the long weekend with my sister from another mister, Jackie. We're most likely going to see our friends' band perfom this evening. Tomorrow I'm going to her fiance's house for dinner...I'm making the stuffing and cranberry cake..yumm :) Then we're going to see Borat in the evening. Friday instead of fighting the black Friday crowds we're gonna do a little scrapbooking. We're wild and crazy gals.

Mohamed is so funny...he's already got his interview outfit picked out. A dress shirt that his BIL brought him from UAE and "classic" pants. LOL @ classic.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes (F)

Have a great day everybody! :luv:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
another day at work. Finally I am starting to get over this cold. I felt like I coughed one of my lungs up :unsure: just glad the coughing stopped. Our inspections came back on the house we are buying. A few minor things they need to fix but other wise everything is fine. We also had them mark the property lines. It's a huge property. Sits on 2 1/2 lots. Closing date is Dec. 14. Dread the moving though.

Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving!

Angel

Hey Angel, congrats on the house. Hachemi and I became official homeowners yesterday. They will be moved by this weekend and we can move in next week. We have spent all week furniture shopping. We are very lucky that we live in a furniture manufacturing area. So many outlet stores here with very low prices.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Meriem

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
darker red is bad, yellow is good. orange is in the middle.

zonemap2.jpg

it appears I am radon free!!! yay.... now I just have to worry abt all the other toxic chemicals in my city.... if ya didn't know, we are nicknamed the "Chemical City" and have quite lovely sunsets due to the chemicals in the air......... niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccceeeeeeeeeeee!!! :help:

Happy early Birthday Kelly! I'm dying to see your dark hair! :star:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

www.boston.com

Felt the blast and I'm two towns over! I can actually smell the chemicals in the air.

So I take it you didn't feel the blast? People were calling in to channel 7 saying they could feel it in Maine!! It's been plastered all over the morning tv. Approx 85 homes were destroyed but no one was killed.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

www.boston.com

So I take it you didn't feel the blast? People were calling in to channel 7 saying they could feel it in Maine!! It's been plastered all over the morning tv. Approx 85 homes were destroyed but no one was killed.

If there was anything here, it wasn't enough to wake us up. We're watching the coverage on NECN. Thank goodness no one was killed. Amazing, considering how it looks...

Did it feel like an earthquake for you?

Timeline

www.boston.com

If there was anything here, it wasn't enough to wake us up. We're watching the coverage on NECN. Thank goodness no one was killed. Amazing, considering how it looks...

Did it feel like an earthquake for you?

To my parents it did. They live in Salem. To me....I'm a rock when I'm asleep so all I know is that I thought that it was time to get up, I rolled over, looked at the clock, saw that it was 2:50 and rolled back over. :lol: God forbid we had been bombed I would have just slept right through it after getting up at first!

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

another day at work. Finally I am starting to get over this cold. I felt like I coughed one of my lungs up :unsure: just glad the coughing stopped. Our inspections came back on the house we are buying. A few minor things they need to fix but other wise everything is fine. We also had them mark the property lines. It's a huge property. Sits on 2 1/2 lots. Closing date is Dec. 14. Dread the moving though.

Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving!

Angel

Hey Angel, congrats on the house. Hachemi and I became official homeowners yesterday. They will be moved by this weekend and we can move in next week. We have spent all week furniture shopping. We are very lucky that we live in a furniture manufacturing area. So many outlet stores here with very low prices.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Meriem

Congratulations on the new house Meriem. I am looking forward to decorating the family room downstairs I have all these ideas, but my husband also wants to decorate it, so we'll see who comes up with the best design. Your lucky I think we are going to have to travel about 3.5 hours to look at furniture. There are funiture stores here, but they are so expensive.

Angel

Timeline

Congrats on the new homeowners!!!

One word on inspections......I really really really wish I had done my homework before I bought my home!!! Turns out I find out 3 years after the purchase that the guy before me drilled a hole into the main sewage pipe to try to bypass the water meter so he could save a few $$$. Because of this moron my basement has taken on at least 4 feet of water each spring when the snow melts and the sewage backs up in the street outside my home. I never knew the reason until my next door neighbor finally admitted that he knew the guy did it. I have no idea if an inspection guy could have caught this but I wish he had 'cause I would have never bought it!!!

I'm working from home today waiting for a new window to be installed. Was supposed to have gutters put in too but those will be delayed until Monday. Gonna start cooking for tomorrow around 2ish to get that over with. Frustrated at work 'cause I haven't a clue what I'm doing. Oh well. lol. Nice long weekend after today so that's good.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Sounds like lots of excitement going on in some places this morning. I woke up to the radio saying that there was a wreck where a train hit a stalled car on the road to our main plant, then it mentioned another wreck on the road that I work on but I didn't catch which end of it so had to listen from then on to know which way to come in. We've had cold yucky rain for 2 days now. It honestly makes me miss snow. At least then you feel like it's winter.

Is it just our office, or is everyone just pretending to work? People are typing away frantically, but when you go to the printer you find personal e-mails from people with e-mail addresses like: MeBDumNLikesIt. Or everyone is gathered around someones desk looking at that person's childrens' school picture proofs online. I feel like the only person in the office working today.

I don't know about everyone else here, but I've got 30+ calls to make today plus a ton of other work and haven't even had the opportunity to think about anything else. Wish I could afford to play the day away because my mind is wanting to wander into holiday mode but I can't let it just yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.