Scribble

ROC and biometrics while moving out of state

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello all!

My husband and I filed ROC on May 15 and today (May 22) got NOA with the green card extension. However my husband (who is Active Duty) received orders to relocate to Hawaii. He already reported to his duty station and I will follow on in a couple of weeks once the paper work is complete. We sent ROC to the Vermont office because at that time we both were residing in MD. Now I have a couple of questions:

1. Will relocation impact what office my application is processed through? Obviously I will do the change of address form, will this result in the ROC petition being moved to California Center?

2. If I receive a biometric appointment scheduled to take place in MD will I be able to reschedule for Hawaii (this is in case the appointment date will be after the date i'm moving)? If so how do I go about rescheduling it? Or can I try for a walk-in? If so how do I go about that?

Thank you.

08/2008- met in Baltimore. I was on J1. Started dating.
07/2009- I went back to England to finish my BA(Hons)
12/2009- he visits me in England and proposes on new years eve
04/2010- I visit him in Baltimore on B1/B2. We spontaneously get married. I leave to go back to England.
10/2010- he comes to meet my family in Russia. We have our "honey-week"
11/2010- I come to visit on B1/B2 again and he convinses me to stay
03/11/2011- sent out AOS
03/14/2011- package received
04/2011- RFE
05/2011- sent out response for RFE
07/08/2011- EAD card recieved
7/21/2011- Green Card interview success!

05/15/2013- ROC packet sent

06/26/2013- Biometrics

09/03/2013- Approved

09/10/2013- Card recived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You don't need to reschedule it. You take the notice and go to the office in Hawaii with his orders. Tell them you moved there and need to get your biometrics done.

You will need to notify USCIS of address change for both of you using the proper address change forms. You will also need to phone USCIS and notify them as you have an active case.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You don't need to reschedule it. You take the notice and go to the office in Hawaii with his orders. Tell them you moved there and need to get your biometrics done.

You will need to notify USCIS of address change for both of you using the proper address change forms. You will also need to phone USCIS and notify them as you have an active case.

Thank you. I cannot do the change of address for my husband right now as we do not yet have an address (he is in barracks pending housing). I will have a separate set of orders generated for my travel so i guess I can bring them both. Where do I look up the location of the office in Hawaii. Also, I have previously done change of address and did it online and also sent a form. I assumed the same process will apply. Why and who do I need to call?

08/2008- met in Baltimore. I was on J1. Started dating.
07/2009- I went back to England to finish my BA(Hons)
12/2009- he visits me in England and proposes on new years eve
04/2010- I visit him in Baltimore on B1/B2. We spontaneously get married. I leave to go back to England.
10/2010- he comes to meet my family in Russia. We have our "honey-week"
11/2010- I come to visit on B1/B2 again and he convinses me to stay
03/11/2011- sent out AOS
03/14/2011- package received
04/2011- RFE
05/2011- sent out response for RFE
07/08/2011- EAD card recieved
7/21/2011- Green Card interview success!

05/15/2013- ROC packet sent

06/26/2013- Biometrics

09/03/2013- Approved

09/10/2013- Card recived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.