mamichou

Why is it taking Soo long

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did not received a packet,I wasted 4 months waiting for it when all I need to have is my case number and NOA2,I emailed NVC and they told me that I don't need to wait for the packet because they no longer send,I don't understand,so I immediately made an appointment interview online and printed it and when to my medical and the next week to my interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Why dies it take sooo long for packet 3 to arrive from the embassy?

Please help

You better ask on forum for France. Every embassy proceeds by their own rules. Perhaps you don't need it. Are you sure you can't download packet 3 from the embassy website? Just a hint.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

No, you have to wait in the mail for it.

Do you have all the documents ready? It's better to spend time preparing all that than waiting impatiently. :)

More infos on the Paris VJ page:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=France&cty=Paris

Gather:

- Passport (valid for at least 8 months after the issuance date of the visa)
- 2 photos (specific requirements, DO NOT bring usual French format photos)
- Receipt for payment of the 192€ fee paid by mandat compte to account 2006L (wait to receive your packet 4 physically before paying this fee, as it tends to change over time!)
- Military record (if exempted of military service, an official letter stating why the military service wasn't done is still required). JAPD certificate accepted for people who did it instead of the regular military service.
- Medical results in the SEALED envelope (but no need to bring the X-ray)
- Police certificate (request a "casier judiciaire bulletin n°3" at https://www.cjn.justice.gouv.fr/cjn/b3/eje20 )
- Birth certificate ("copie intégrale de l'acte de naissance")
- I-134 Affidavit of support + related documents (letter from sponsor's employer, bank, sponsor's tax returns, ...)
- (all forms must be unsigned) 2 DS-156, 1 DS-156K, 1 DS-157
- Letter expressing continuing intent and ability to marry from the USC is needed (original)
- Chronopost envelope 1kg (28*36cm) or 2kg (25*36cm) depending on visa (do not forget to write down the routing number to track it!)

- Other police certificates (if any), from all countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year (with exception of the USA)
- Court and prison records (if any)
- Marriage certificate(s) (if previously married)
- Divorce judgment(s) of EACH previous marriage(s) or death or annulment certificate.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.