Cali420

I got denied after 11 months of waiting Now WHat

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** One post removed for name calling. Stay civil- just because you are not getting the advice you want doesn;t mean you can start attacking others *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My goal Is in the next 30 days to reverse their decision from denial to approval without filing new petition smile.png let see if this is possible !!

Good liuck with that one..

if they do approve USC with out ever meeting their "fiance".. ie with in the two years before filing.. it would just open a big ole pandoras box..

don't think they want to do that..

sounds like you are going to have to be patient in order to make this happen

**** One post removed for name calling. Stay civil- just because you are not getting the advice you want doesn;t mean you can start attacking others *****

dang.. i just missed it.. got here just as you were doing your ADMIN work.. LOL>.

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: Timeline

My goal Is in the next 30 days to reverse their decision from denial to approval without filing new petition smile.png let see if this is possible !!

It's really sad, that after wasting so much time being separated you want to waste even more time for your invalid petition, instead of meeting and waiting for the proper petition to process.

But good luck with your immigration process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it's sad when rules are translated as mind games.

I KNOW FOR A FACT that you can hire a chaperone and meet up with her with her family present, and that meets the USCIS requirements.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Some people are just very set in their ways, despite all the good advices given.

They would probably come back later to complain about how the USCIS is being very mean, unfair to them rolleyes.gif

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

^ Agree with Darnell. If she can't leave Afghanistan to meet you in a 3rd country and you must go there then hire a security detail if you're so concerned about your safety. There are loads of them. If you really want to marry this woman then you just need to follow USCIS requirements. I have visited my fiance in his country where it is extremely unsafe for Americans. I guarantee I stuck out in the crowd with my big blue eyes more than you would.

Do not appeal. It is a complete waste of time and money for the same result. If you're complaining now that it took 11 months to deny your petition then picture youself waiting a lot longer than that just for the same result on appeal.

If this was a cultural practice you claimed, why did you get a letter from a MOSQUE? An Afghan cultural center may have been a more fitting place to get your letter but most likely it still wouldn't have worked. Just because there are people in Afghanistan who do get married without meeting first doesn't mean this will fly as an excuse for US Immigration. There is nothing in your culture that says you can't meet even with a chaperone and you know it.

I have nothing against you personally, but you've given people in a similar situation as you some bad advice here the last few months which is aggravating to others trying to give accurate advice. Now that bad advice has come back to bite you. You already know what you need to do now. All the best.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Guys Come on!! you are telling him to go meet her. Seriously?? do you think he'll ever get a tourist visa? I personally don't think so unless he has strong ties to Afghanistan. From the hints he was telling, where he lives its probably a total mess and the intent to immigrate is already existing.

As for not dating before marriage, he is totally free not to date. We don't have the right to judge his religious preferences. However, going through K-1 needs a lot of proof of meetings & romance so the OP chose the wrong road from the beginning. I would recommend get married in afghanistan then file for the spouse visa.

Good long and if you love each other you'll hold on until the end.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Wanted to say something, but I read all the responses and everything has been said.

If one wants to immigrate/bring future spouse from a completely different cultural background to another country, one has to play by this country's rules, not their own.

Timeline

Guys Come on!! you are telling him to go meet her. Seriously?? do you think he'll ever get a tourist visa? I personally don't think so unless he has strong ties to Afghanistan. From the hints he was telling, where he lives its probably a total mess and the intent to immigrate is already existing.

As for not dating before marriage, he is totally free not to date. We don't have the right to judge his religious preferences. However, going through K-1 needs a lot of proof of meetings & romance so the OP chose the wrong road from the beginning. I would recommend get married in afghanistan then file for the spouse visa.

he is in a pickle.. but he won't get approved until he meets the requirements..

at whatever time that is.. in order to file..

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

ROC-I-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I got denied after 11 months of waiting Now WHat

1. go back to see her, hire a chaperone and meet with her family

2. document all

3. file the I-129F again.

That's it, really. Nothing else will be useful for you.

<EOM>

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

After waiting this long due to your error, why not return and marry, and reapply.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

you start off by saying it's not possible for him to go meet her, and then towards the end, you suggest they get married in afghanistan? #######? Am i missing something?

How are they gonna get married in afghanistan, if you are already suggesting it's not possible for him to go there???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi There,

I'm sorry to hear of your denial. I think it's best to marry and file for I-130. You can go back and forth with immigration but in your case, you clearly did NOT meet the requirements and you'll just waste your time. The result will be the same a year from now. I was in a similar issue but I submitted an incomplete form. I went back and forth with them, submitted all the required form. Initially we were denied, later it was in AP and finally it expired. The embassy couldn't deny us but didn't want to approve. By the time it came back to the USCIS the petition for K1 expired . As you can see, the outcome was still the same and I had to refile. Even though I had met all the requirements and later provided all the information requested. At the end of the day, it was my error that caused the delay and expiration. I should have done a better research and found this site before I filed..lol. The people working for USCIS are just that "People", who try to follow the rules and they all have different personalities. Just remember, there are many people filing and like any job, if you have to take a second look at anything, it will be delayed. So STOP wasting your time and energy on the K1. Do your research on I-130, read everything on this site, get married and start FRESH.

Good Luck to you!!!

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Timeline

it sounds like OP.. is having a difficult time.. just to be able to see her at all..

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

ROC-I-751

you start off by saying it's not possible for him to go meet her, and then towards the end, you suggest they get married in afghanistan? #######? Am i missing something?

How are they gonna get married in afghanistan, if you are already suggesting it's not possible for him to go there???

No I actually thought the OP is a male & is from afghanistan & the whole time i was addressing the OP as a HE. My point was that the AFGHAN OP (no matter what is their gender) wouldn't be able to have a visitor visa. Its for the USC to go there & marry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.