mutnicolae

what do I have to do after filling DSP-122 form, the DS-230 part 1 and 2 ?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: TN Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi,

I just won the DV lottery 2014 case nr EUxxx50xxx. On 8 May I send the DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC and also the diversity-processing fees for me and my family members.

What do I have to do next? how long does it take to hear back from KCC as I know my case number is not up yet.

Are they not going to respond until my case is up? I ask this because I know I have to do a adjustment of status as I'm in USA right now

Thanks

Nick

Edited by mutnicolae

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Sorry to yet ask another question, but I'm curious, I won also DV Lottery 2014. I'm currently living abroad, do I have to pay the fees before sending the documents to KCC? Or do I have to pay them before the interview on the embassy? How can I know what's the fee for it? Thanks in advance

Hi,

I just won the DV lottery 2014 case nr EUxxx50xxx. On 8 May I send the DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC and also the diversity-processing fees for me and my family members.

What do I have to do next? how long does it take to hear back from KCC as I know my case number is not up yet.

Are they not going to respond until my case is up? I ask this because I know I have to do a adjustment of status as I'm in USA right now

Thanks

Nick

you need to keep checking the visa bulletin starting from october, when your case becomes current you send the AOS package

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Sorry to yet ask another question, but I'm curious, I won also DV Lottery 2014. I'm currently living abroad, do I have to pay the fees before sending the documents to KCC? Or do I have to pay them before the interview on the embassy? How can I know what's the fee for it? Thanks in advance

if you are doing CP, then you will be the fees at the US embassy, that it's gonna interview you,

$ 330/person

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Filed: TN Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

So correct me if I'm wrong....

1. currently the visa bulletin for May 2013 says that numbers under 31000 are getting process right now (that is for persons who won the lottery in 2012 for the fiscal year 2013)

2. in oct this year I have to start watching the visa bulletin

3 I will be able to start my adjustment of status probably only in July-Aug 2014 as my number is 50000

4. but I send those form to KCC last week, and I should at least get something in the mail in the next couple of months

If this is wright my big question is:

if I have to wait until August 2014 is possible that all visas will be gone by then, as the process starts in Oct 2013?

you need to keep checking the visa bulletin starting from october, when your case becomes current you send the AOS package

So correct me if I'm wrong....

1. currently the visa bulletin for May 2013 says that numbers under 31000 are getting process right now (that is for persons who won the lottery in 2012 for the fiscal year 2013)

2. in oct this year I have to start watching the visa bulletin

3 I will be able to start my adjustment of status probably only in July-Aug 2014 as my number is 50000

4. but I send those form to KCC last week, and I should at least get something in the mail in the next couple of months

If this is wright my big question is:

if I have to wait until August 2014 is possible that all visas will be gone by then, as the process starts in Oct 2013?

Numbers are higher for DV2014 than before so it's hard to draw direct inferences. Yes it is possible that the visas are exhausted before you get an interview. What has tended to happen rather is that in the last month or two of the fiscal year all numbers have gone "current", ie eligible for interview. It has been quite a few years since the last time visas were exhausted before year end. But you do have a high number and this is a risk.

I won the 2014 lottery and just send in the DSP-122 and DS-230 I and II to the KCC but didn't read about paying fees before going to the interview. Should I pay fees right now? And if so, how much and where to?

If you are doing consular processing (attending an interview at a country outside the US) you only pay the fees on the day of interview.

So a family of 4 (both parents and two children) pay $1320 on the day of the interview? O.o

Oh yes, and that's even before you factor in the cost of the medicals, transport costs if you don't live in the city that they interview in, and the $165 per person USCIS fee that has to be paid before you enter the US if you get your visa.

I know minimum age is 18. Is there a maximum age?

No, but I understand that if you are close to or at retirement age and without a lot of assets the burden of proof that you won't become a public charge is very hard to meet.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick

I too am in the US and won, so I also have to do the adjustment of status(AOS). was curious as to why you filled out the DSP and DS, if your doing a AOS. Was that portion filled out mainly for your family? In the instructions, I got the impression you skipped that step (DSP and DS) if you were going to do AOS. Could you let me know what you think. I don't want to forget to file anything.

Thanks D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.