Ramsis

Violent 2 Year GC holder mother & Divorce

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I wouldnt give her the childs passport. The advice of getting a lawyer and informing the authorities that she might try to leave the country with your child is good advice. Sadly just because you feel a certain way about her dosent mean she will feel the same. Focus on your child and doing what you need to do to take care of him/her. Because of your child she will always be part of your life in one way or another....but that dosent mean you have to let her make your life hell. Hire a lawyer, get custody of your child then cut her loose. Sorry to hear of your situation, best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You can't send her back. She is a LPR and can remove conditions on her own.

If you loved her I would think you'd be investigating treatment for depression. She just had a baby 2 months ago and you want to separate the momma from the baby?

Something is off.

Good suggestion and question.

Good luck

Timeline

In my personal opinion your wife is suffering from Post port um depression. Have her checked out dear. i bet the violence and behavior changes happened right after pregnancy. and just got worst.

Check those things out and try to keep the family unit together if thats what all parties really want. Her going back with a newborn no husband and stigma of divorce on her can't be a good thing.

Please take her to the doctors. You can even have her hospitalized for what 24 or 48 hours to be evaluated. For sake of baby and you and your marriage at least try that.Y

You can't remove her from the country she is not a puppy from the pound. Work it out please.

Why even remove her from the country? whats the benefit for him? He is just trying to harm her in anyhow as a compinsation of something...if she aint a good mommy and she can't control her self or anger...you Don't be a bad daddy and have some responsibility and patience then fix it ..that if you really loved her but if you are in love with someone else and got bored of her already and trying to hold something against her...your not going to succedd...

I loves the...You can't remove her from the country she is not a puppy from the pound.

Good luck

Timeline

You know, she may be seriously mentally ill. Has she been much worse since the baby was born? She might have post-partum depression bordering on psychosis - I suggest you find her professional help immediately, if she is not willing, you may be able to have her committed and/or get a convervatorship over her.

She maybe mentally ill because she broke some vases and tabels...I heared that shrinks tells you to break things to take out anger in...that makes her mentally ill..what about him trying to shut her off the country forever and off her baby forever? wasn't that mentally ill ?

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I went through nasty divorce 8 years ago, where are my suggestions. 1- hire a good attorney, preferably a female attorney. Courts don't like male attorneys attacking unstable females. 2- tape record her violent outbreaks, ie hidden tape recorder or video tape. You MUST have evidence to prove her unfit! 3- hide all evidence you have!- leave at work or with friend and never tell her you have evidence. During outbreaks, make sure you KEEP your calm and let recording show that she is the problem. 4- watch out, dont put yourself in compromising situations. She will make accusations about you! As for the child, she cannot leave country with child without your permission. . Keep a cool head, and get an attorney!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Post partum depression can present many ways. Symptoms can be worse for persons with pre-existing mental disorder. If things turn violent - get baby out of house and call police. She can only be helped if she will accept the help!! You can NOT force a person to seek or accept treatment. Courts will not commit a person unless they are a danger to them selves or another person. Even then it takes 2 psychological reports from Psychiatrists recommending commital before courts can act! If you have custody of child, she gets nothing!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It could be post partum depression. Let the pediatrician or family doctor know about her behavior - my opinion. For the childs safety

Other than that, I sense difficulty in adjusting to life here. She may have been used to interacting with friends and family all the time. Out there, she just stays at home and that has to be difficult. Have her join a community with people from her country.

The reason I feel this way is I am a mother and I think a child needs their mother. Two, once she is deported, you cannot undo this. So before taking any drastic action, I would suggest trying to resolve this in other ways first.

As far as getting removal proceedings on her, I do not think there is anything you can do. You guys entered into this marraige intending to start a life together and she has not committed any crimes.

I really hope things get better. All the best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You can't send her back. She is a LPR and can remove conditions on her own.

If you loved her I would think you'd be investigating treatment for depression. She just had a baby 2 months ago and you want to separate the momma from the baby?

Something is off.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe she is depressed.Try to get her some help like therapy or something. Hopefully you can solve your situation and have a happy marriage with your wife. For the same of everyone including your child.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Egypt - is not a signatory to Hague Abduction Convention list. http://travel.state.gov/abduction/resources/congressreport/congressreport_1487.html

If she took the child, ---- you, US Govt., DOS cannot do anything about it...

You can not bring your child home from Egypt....

Filed: Timeline

In all of this the one person I truly feel sorry for is this innocent child. To those giving advices please remember that she's not a piece of luggage.

Someone also stated above that a child needs her Mother. That is a most ridiculous thing to still believe in this day and age. A child needs both parents, it's that simple.

I wonder how many of this Mothers would still "need" the child if child support payment to the Mother is removed from the equation and both parents provide equally.

Good luck to us all.

Hi VisaJourney, i always used to come here and seek the good advice, sadly this time its sad news sad.png

I brought my wife over on a K1 visa and she got her 2 year GC, it expires in 2014.

we have a 2 months old baby boy

Since she came to the US she has been moody, violent, different, she called the cops 2 times because she wanted them to force me get her a plane ticket back, but because i love her i always tried to make things better. i always said to my self she must be like this because she is a new bride, new country, she is bored at home......etc. I even brought her mother over twice in 1.5 years we been marred so she can feel better. but now with the baby her she is more violent and disrespectful.

twice i had to call the police because she throws and break things around the house. tables, vases, plates, ....etc ...There is 2 police reports. last time the police brought over a lady from CPS Child protective services to talk to her and give her phone numbers for mental counseling.

Now what i want is for her to go back to her country and for the Baby to stay with me, my mom and my sister (who lives in California) offered to help me take care of the baby.

But she said she wont leave the US without the baby.

i live in Texas and the divorce can take a minimum of 60 days.

here are my questions:

1- How can i get her placed on removal proceedings?

2- How can i get to keep my son? do i contact CPS and file a claim of custody?

Thanks

Excuse me !!!!!!!! but did you carry a baby for 9 months and push it out??? HOW DARE YOU TRY TO TAKE THE BABY AND THE NERVE TO HAVE HER IN REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS.. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. YOUR ACTION IS VERY SPITEFUL AND VINDICTIVE. CLEARLY SHE NEEDS HELP AND INSTEAD OF YOU GETTING HELP , YOU MAKE HER WORSE. THIS IS SOOOO CRAZY

" You never can win, when you play dirty"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Excuse me !!!!!!!! but did you carry a baby for 9 months and push it out??? HOW DARE YOU TRY TO TAKE THE BABY AND THE NERVE TO HAVE HER IN REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS.. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. YOUR ACTION IS VERY SPITEFUL AND VINDICTIVE. CLEARLY SHE NEEDS HELP AND INSTEAD OF YOU GETTING HELP , YOU MAKE HER WORSE. THIS IS SOOOO CRAZY

In my opinion he is acting on behalf of the child. Just because you carry and push it out doesn't give you a license to inflict your mental abuse on the child. That's like a "go down with the ship" mentality.

Granted, we've only heard one side of this situation, but from hearing this side and the advice of the police for her to get help I see there is a need for the child to have an advocate...the father seems to be taking that role, I commend him for that action.

I know this fact from my own experience, my ex-wife (who as you so aptly acknowledged carried and pushed out two children mind you) slid into mental illness and drug abuse (And I know not what came first). After trying to help and get her help numerous times I finally errored on the side of the children and became their advocate.

After two years of hell before the separation, I finally filed for divorce.

I have full custody of them now. In court I was my own attorney while she hired two attorneys during the lengthy divorce process. But sometimes truth trumps expensive legal council. After being divorced for 2 years I can tell you she never got the least bit better during this whole time and my choice was not easy to come by.

Was it the right choice? I have no doubt in my mind that I did what was required for the children…does that mean what comes around goes around…I sure hope so. I'm no hero, I did what was required, I wish more did the same.

Men can raise children just as well as women can, (the key ingredient being LOVE) it's not ideal, but rarely is life ideal...that's my two cents.

PS. Carrying and pushing out a child has been done for millions of years, by millions of women...raising that child takes up the other 98% of the nurturing process. Just because we don't have a uterous doesn't make us the devil.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Hi VisaJourney, i always used to come here and seek the good advice, sadly this time its sad news sad.png

I brought my wife over on a K1 visa and she got her 2 year GC, it expires in 2014.

we have a 2 months old baby boy

Since she came to the US she has been moody, violent, different, she called the cops 2 times because she wanted them to force me get her a plane ticket back, but because i love her i always tried to make things better. i always said to my self she must be like this because she is a new bride, new country, she is bored at home......etc. I even brought her mother over twice in 1.5 years we been marred so she can feel better. but now with the baby her she is more violent and disrespectful.

twice i had to call the police because she throws and break things around the house. tables, vases, plates, ....etc ...There is 2 police reports. last time the police brought over a lady from CPS Child protective services to talk to her and give her phone numbers for mental counseling.

Now what i want is for her to go back to her country and for the Baby to stay with me, my mom and my sister (who lives in California) offered to help me take care of the baby.

But she said she wont leave the US without the baby.

i live in Texas and the divorce can take a minimum of 60 days.

here are my questions:

1- How can i get her placed on removal proceedings?

2- How can i get to keep my son? do i contact CPS and file a claim of custody?

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your family problems. These situation are never easy. As has been said your wife has her gc, so there is nothing you can do in regards to having her deported. You should concentrate your efforts on your keeping your son.

This may be a great site for immigration advice, but it certainly is not a family counseling site. You know which route you want to take, hire a good attorney and I wish you the best.

Filed: Timeline

In my opinion he is acting on behalf of the child. Just because you carry and push it out doesn't give you a license to inflict your mental abuse on the child. That's like a "go down with the ship" mentality.

Granted, we've only heard one side of this situation, but from hearing this side and the advice of the police for her to get help I see there is a need for the child to have an advocate...the father seems to be taking that role, I commend him for that action.

I know this fact from my own experience, my ex-wife (who as you so aptly acknowledged carried and pushed out two children mind you) slid into mental illness and drug abuse (And I know not what came first). After trying to help and get her help numerous times I finally errored on the side of the children and became their advocate.

After two years of hell before the separation, I finally filed for divorce.

I have full custody of them now. In court I was my own attorney while she hired two attorneys during the lengthy divorce process. But sometimes truth trumps expensive legal council. After being divorced for 2 years I can tell you she never got the least bit better during this whole time and my choice was not easy to come by.

Was it the right choice? I have no doubt in my mind that I did what was required for the children…does that mean what comes around goes around…I sure hope so. I'm no hero, I did what was required, I wish more did the same.

Men can raise children just as well as women can, (the key ingredient being LOVE) it's not ideal, but rarely is life ideal...that's my two cents.

PS. Carrying and pushing out a child has been done for millions of years, by millions of women...raising that child takes up the other 98% of the nurturing process. Just because we don't have a uterous doesn't make us the devil.

Good for you Sir and you're a hero.

I don't know what's worse ... actually advising someone to send their child off with someone who obviously has mental issues and abandon the child ... or the amount of people who +1'd it. Yikes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.