pachacuti

WebSite to Manipulate Tyler Durden Data

65 posts in this topic

And if you didn't understand my last post, that was by design. GEEKS RULE!! :)

I've understood very little of any of this thread lol. All I can tell is that you have been working hard and it will be very helpful whatever it is you come up with. So I thank you and look forward to seeing it.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I've understood very little of any of this thread lol. All I can tell is that you have been working hard and it will be very helpful whatever it is you come up with. So I thank you and look forward to seeing it.

Working on my real job now, so I hope to get back to the website soon.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

As I under stand it this is a privately owned site and can establish it own rules,

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Working on my real job now, so I hope to get back to the website soon.

No rush, and thanks again. Just let us know when you are done, and be sure to post a link to it at Tyler's YouTube page, so we know where to look.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

As I under stand it this is a privately owned site and can establish it own rules,

I hope they don't censor criticism towards those rules also =(

Anyway, that's why there is another private owned website being developed for Tyler's data.

yWs4m5.png

NOA1: 22nd Oct 2012

RFE: 1st May 2013

NOA2: 16th May 2013, 206 days from NOA1.

NVC received: 31st May 2013

Interview: July 16th - APPROVED!

Timeline

I hope they don't censor criticism towards those rules also =(

Anyway, that's why there is another private owned website being developed for Tyler's data.

Yeah. If the dang developer can again free himself from his paying work, that is :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why don't I just take the data and start sending in random letters to withdrawl the petitions numbers involved. That would clear the backlog. You claim the datat is public and can't do harm

So if all you need to do to withdrawl a petition is to write a letter with the number (and not the name, address, or any other personal identifying information), then your concern would hold water.

So, any proof to back up your claim?

I'll wait right here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm gonna start sending those letters for the 150 or so K1 petition numbers I found with a small script I made last month. rofl.gif

I gotta say, it's been fun checking for those every day and seeing the change in status.

And pachacuti, I'm studying to help you out! Sorry I'm an ASP.NET noob! cray5ol.gif

Edited by Trillian42

yWs4m5.png

NOA1: 22nd Oct 2012

RFE: 1st May 2013

NOA2: 16th May 2013, 206 days from NOA1.

NVC received: 31st May 2013

Interview: July 16th - APPROVED!

Timeline

I'm gonna start sending those letters for the 150 or so K1 petition numbers I found with a small script I made last month. rofl.gif

I gotta say, it's been fun checking for those every day and seeing the change in status.

And pachacuti, I'm studying to help you out! Sorry I'm an ASP.NET noob! cray5ol.gif

No worries. The problem I actually have to solve (when I get a chance to work on it again), is configuring the site to use Entity Framework. It works locally just fine, but I was having issues Sunday getting it configured.

The good news is that once I get over that hurdle, then I should be at a point that other .Net folks could help. I can get the code into a github repo that others could clone and away we could go. I am 95% certain that this Entity Framework issue is the only other hang up I will have. I am more in control of the other aspects of this project.

Sorry for the delay. (And the fact that I am working like 3 jobs, one of which I blew off a little this weekend to get the site started... I was not anticipating the configuration issues (and the database massaging... I got hung up with unique ID collisions that I had to backtrack and do a different way) to trip me up for such a long time... both database massage and site configuration should have been matters of a couple of hours... They ended up sucking most of my time :(

So if all you need to do to withdrawl a petition is to write a letter with the number (and not the name, address, or any other personal identifying information), then your concern would hold water.

So, any proof to back up your claim?

I'll wait right here.

It takes a wee bit more to withdraw a petition than just the receipt number. BTW, a great source of information on the inner operations the immigration system is ANTI-immigration groups. They have tried silly ####### like that. It don’t work. Thank God.

Edited by TylerDurden

We can say the censorship has been good for us over all. Free speech and transparency advocates LOVE stuff like this. Our resources have increased by 650%. So, in a way thanks for the censorship.
Is it a rule if it applies to only 1 account??
Others post links to sites with USCIS info on sites other than here or the USCIS website… but we are forbidden.
Others post videos complaining or protesting USCIS delays… but we are forbidden.
The TOS and established law clearly state the site is not responsible for the post of others… but the site pretends to be responsible for ours.
Did we do any of this?
Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
Nope, recipe numbers are not private information
Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a broad demographic or group of people identified by a unifying trait or characteristic (discrimination). For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech.
Nope
Publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or offer to disseminate any inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, infringing, obscene or unlawful/illegal material, information or content.
Nope, we checked with legal representation before collecting the information.
Post any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party (the "Rights"), unless you are the owner of the Rights or have the permission of the owner to Post or transmit Content.
Nope
Post any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
Nope
Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose, other than in areas of the Service that are intended for such uses.
Nope
Advertise or offer to sell any services or products on the Forums without the written permission of VisaJourney.com.
Nope
Post so called SPAM.
Nope
Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters, other than in areas of the Service intended for such uses.
Nope
Download any file Posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, that cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
Impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is Posted.
Nope
Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums.
Nope
Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.
Nope
Post any information obtained or originally transmitted in confidence or with the implied belief that the message was to be kept in confidence without the express permission of the original author of the communication. Additionally any direct communication (with the exception of publicly viewable Posts on the discussion forums) between administrators or moderators and a member are strictly prohibited from being Posted to the discussion forums or retransmitted in any way.
We did make a post that explained the actions of our thread being deleted and actions censored and referred to text for that conversation.
Start a Topic duplicating a previous Topic or portion of a Topic that was determined to be a violation of the Terms of Service by a Moderator or Adminsitrator.
Nope
Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Service or collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose
Nope
Submit Content that falsely expresses or implies that such Content is sponsored or endorsed by Visajourney.com.
Nope
Create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses.
Nope
Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.
Nope

Even if the something is a fools errand?

Someone suggested planting a garden or painting a room.

Why try to change the injustice we suffer, even if it is a fool’s errand.
Consider the words of these quotes.
"The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people." - Randy Pausch
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
"I dare do all that may become a man; Who dares do more is none." - Shakespeare
"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." - Theodore Roosevelt
It is only a fool’s errand if the cause is foolish. Is it foolish to want a reasonable and accurate status of our cases and an expectation of when we can begin our lives with our loved ones?
If that is foolish then we are fools and gladly perform our fool’s errand.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or offer to disseminate any inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, infringing, obscene or unlawful/illegal material, information or content.

I suspect that this is the primary concern. Maybe if you post documentation that indicates this then that would help convince people that they should not be worried. Namely the data and method used to collect it. Heck, with your permission I would be happy to stop by the Federal building locally with USCIS and ask an immigration officer in person for a formal statement on the matter. It seems like a quick and easy way to get an official response.

Edited by jamie_nluv

I suspect that this is the primary concern. Maybe if you post documentation that indicates this then that would help convince people that they should not be worried. Namely the data and method used to collect it. Heck, with your permission I would be happy to stop by the Federal building locally with USCIS and ask an immigration officer in person for a formal statement on the matter. It seems like a quick and easy way to get an official response.

It’s a relatively simple thing. Without getting into too much technical detail.
We wrote a program that our team uses that browses to the USCIS website and enters in the receipt numbers, then collects all the information and stores it in a database.
Others here have done the same thing on a smaller scale. Some people check a few hundred or even a thousand receipt numbers near their number. Some here have even wrote scripts for doing this, but because it is only 1 person they ended up making too many requests too fast they USCIS site would block the IP for a duration.
Our advantage is we have lots of individuals in many countries all doing this hundreds of thousands of times, 24 hours a day, every day.
The data is synchronized to a central database. That database also tracks what receipt numbers team members request, how many times they request, and at what rate they request. This sync makes sure that at each number is only collected as needed. It also makes sure the level of traffic is low enough not to put any stress of the USCIS website. Additionally we make sure the numbers checked stays below the level and speed limit allowed by the USCIS website.
At first we did not want to post details of how we collect the data. That was before we knew that others here have done the same thing on a small scale. We were not giving details for the protection of the USCIS website. As we have made clear, we will only collect in a legal manner and we not threaten or damage USCIS in any way. We have made this statement many times in our posts and video message to USCIS. Any damage to USCIS would only work against our goals.
We did not want post our methods because we did not want anti-immigration groups to know. We did a lot of research before we started collecting the data. Surprisingly, anti-immigration groups have a lot of knowledge of the inner workings of the immigration process. You may not be aware of it, but there are a significant number of racial hate groups and anti-immigration groups who also know about this site. YES, EVEN IN THIS DAY AND AGE. Those groups DO want to do harm if they can. They see those of us in interracial relationships as ‘race traitors’. They have a greater focus against non-whites, especially people from African, Asian, Middle Eastern, and Latin countries.
Also...
We are OBVIOUSLY pro-immigration. While we do see a correlation in the data between DACA and the slowdown, we are not against DACA. We simply believe the USCIS should have increased resources to meet the demand, and that USCIS should not hide the delays from congressional representatives.
We are also NOT against immigration reform. However, we are deeply worried because if congress is not aware of the stress on the system as is (because USCIS says there is no stress of the system) then congress cannot include proper preparation into new legislation.
Edited by TylerDurden

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.