2,584 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife's I-485 is at Lee Summit, but not sure if my I-130 is being reviewed there too. Is it possible that concurrent filing is being done at separate offices?? Or same location?

Congrats to the first May approved case by the way!

Congrats.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone... Congrats to the one who just got approved!! :)

My question is: How did you know if you case transferred to Kansas or Missouri? They email or mail it to you with says that it transferred??? My husband called in the uscis yesterday asked about our case if transferred and any updated how is it going but they said they have no idea and they don't know..

Edited by Jp_Clariz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Called USCIS yesterday to ask a simple question, "have they received my Info Change?"

When I initially sent in the I-130 my last name hadn't been yet legally changed to husbands.

Since sending petition in May I have changed my name. I called them to ask how I go about

updating them with the name change. Was told to send a letter with copies of supporting docs.

Did that a couple weeks ago. Just wanted to call and check on that and they knew absolutely nothing.

What the heck do they know?? I'm overwhelmed and frustrated as ever!! I am trying to be optimistic

in regards to Overland Park, but honestly, this sucks. No one seems to know a thing and the customer service reps

or someone could at least update USCIS website with updated info regarding Overland Park. But no, just leave us hanging in the dark.

I would feel a bit better if they would at least update us! Is that too much to ask or expect?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Does anyone have any idea If changing ur last name to husband's speeds up the process or slows it down further? Logically speaking they should need less proof of the marriage being genuine since the name is changed right?

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Timeline

Does anyone have any idea If changing ur last name to husband's speeds up the process or slows it down further? Logically speaking they should need less proof of the marriage being genuine since the name is changed right?

it's wont speed up or slow down. They ask for maiden name anyway (If I remember correctly)

Edited by scienceworks

Timeline

It doesn't make any bit of difference as many married women these days are not taking their husbands name.

Filed: IR-2 Country: France
Timeline

Hello to everyone, I'm also a May filer, and have a question for you.

My wife and I live outside the US together,France.

I maintain a US residence, US driver license,and US voter registration.

I am moving to a new apartment November the 5th, in France of course and need to change my address.

Now my question is how do I change our address for a pending i-130? I have tried to use the online address tool on the USCIS website, however, a foreign address is not allowed.

Any ideas or numbers I can call to do this would be greatly appreciated.

I live in France as well, petitioned my wife and daughter.

Can you please tell me what the USCIS told you regarding changing your foreign adress?

Oh, and don't foget to fill in your timeline!!

Thanks a lot

06/10/2013 NOA1 I-130 Priority date (NBC @ Overland Park, KS)
07/30/2013 Requested Expedite Procedure via USCIS Hotline
08/15/2013 Sent a letter to the NBC/MSC regarding Expedite

10/15/2013 Case approved, Notice mailed

10/21/2013 Case shipped to the DHS/NVC

11/xx/2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy

0988d859-df57-45d4-b8e7-38ae103df6e9.jpg

They say the third time's a charm, here it is updated for the third time today:

Post Decision Activity

On October 1, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I have gone through so much emotions today...I'm happy but I'll believe it when I receive the letter.

OK May filers, get ready for the approvals to come your way...Good Luck to all :-)

Way to Go! Congratulations!

Our Journey of Togetherness

11/09/2006: We Met on LDS Pals

12/24/2006: We Became a Committed Couple

07-08/2007: Dave's First Trip to the Philippines to Visit Deny (Euraldine)

08/08/2007: We Became Engaged to be Married
12/2010 - 01/2011: Dave's Second Trip to the Philippines to Visit Deny

11/2011 - 02/2012: Dave's Third Trip to the Philippines to Marry and Live with Deny

*** 11/24/2011: We Got Married for Time and Eternity in the LDS Temple in Manila

USCIS Stage (I-130 Petition)
12/2012 - 04/2013: Compiling and Organizing Our I-130 Petition
05/24/2013: Sent I-130 to the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
05/30/2013: Notice of Action 1 (Case transferred to NBC)
11/21/2013: Case Transferred to NSC
12/12/2013: Notice of Action 2 (Case transferred to NVC)

NVC Stage (IR-1 Visa)

...Waiting

6mKXcTZ.jpg6mKXm5.png

Njv3wBj.jpgNjv3m5.png

Hello to everyone, I'm also a May filer, and have a question for you.

My wife and I live outside the US together,France.

I maintain a US residence, US driver license,and US voter registration.

I am moving to a new apartment November the 5th, in France of course and need to change my address.

Now my question is how do I change our address for a pending i-130? I have tried to use the online address tool on the USCIS website, however, a foreign address is not allowed.

Any ideas or numbers I can call to do this would be greatly appreciated.

In order to change a foreign address I'm pretty sure you need the ombudsman involved. If you call and try to do it they will not let you, and you cannot do it with the online form. My address was incorrectly listed as a USA address and I contacted the ombudsman to get it changed to my correct Costa Rica address. It took about 2 months to happen.

If you really need the address change you might have to just change it to an address in the USA. Is there anyone in the USA who can receive mail for you?

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Samreen: Changing wife's last name to husband's last name does not speed up the process; I have also heard of some cases got delayed due to ttis name change because it was not done correctly; so my humble suggestion is "do not change the last name ". My wife's is the beneficiary, and she is keeping her maiden last name.

All the best.

CR-1 Timeline (USCIS)
NOA-1 (PD): 05/16/2013

NOA-2: 02/03/2014

CR-1 Timeline (NVC)

NVC Received: 02/14/2014

Case# and IIN# assigned: 03/20/2014

Case Completed: 05/15/2014

CR-1 Timeline (ISL Consulate)

Interview Scheduled: 05/28/2014

Day of Interview: 07/22/2014

Interview result: Approved

Visa Received 08/07/2014 :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I tried to check my USCIS account last night (not that I expect a change, but I try to check frequently) and then again just now. I was not able to sign on and the message was that there were too many unsuccessful attempts so my account was locked. I did not have any unsuccessful attempts. I have always been able to log on with no problem. There didn't seem to be any way to resolve the issue, so I tried to see if changing my password would work. I went through the personal security questions with no problem and got to the point of inserting a new password. When I did so, the message appeared that I could not change my password since my log-in information could not be found.

Anybody else have this problem? Anywhere I can go for technical help from them?

I tried to check my USCIS account last night (not that I expect a change, but I try to check frequently) and then again just now. I was not able to sign on and the message was that there were too many unsuccessful attempts so my account was locked. I did not have any unsuccessful attempts. I have always been able to log on with no problem. There didn't seem to be any way to resolve the issue, so I tried to see if changing my password would work. I went through the personal security questions with no problem and got to the point of inserting a new password. When I did so, the message appeared that I could not change my password since my log-in information could not be found.

Yep, It happened to me more than a few times. And I know I am using the correct password... You just have to keep trying. Wait a few hours and go back and try again.

I had an old sign on from 2008 with my old case numbers. Since I couldn't remember my user name and password, I created a new account and only had my current case number in it. One day, I went to sign in and it gave me that same error you got... I was thinking.. "WTH??? " I finally got it by resettting my pssword and to my surprise, someone at the USCIS combined my two accounts and now all three case numbers are under the one account. So I know someone was looking at our case but I never saw an update on the USCIS website...

Keep trying, you'll get in.

Sometimes they do an update on the site on Sundays.

Maybe u'll have better luck on Monday morning

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

When i had this problem i just reregistered. Tried contacting them but never got a reply, so.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Yes after a certain number of days they force you to reset your password, happened to me last week too (for the second time).

USCIS (239 days):

04.18.2013 - NOA1

12.13.2013 - NOA2 via email; I-130 approved. Shipped to NVC

NVC (274 days):

12.30.2013 - Arrived at NVC

01.27.2014 - Received case no. & IIN

02.07.2014 - Completed & submitted DS-261 form online

02.13.2014 - Paid AOS bill

02.18.2014 - AOS showing as 'paid'

03.18.2014 - Invoiced for IV bill (finally!)

03.19.2014 - Made payment for IV bill

03.21.2014 - IV bill showing PAID

03.24.2014 - Completed DS-260 online

03.29.2014 - Mailed IV Packet

04.26.2014 - IV packet all approved, false checklist from NVC for AOS packet

05.07.2014 - AOS packet sent

06.12.2014 - AOS packet scanned in (took them THAT LONG to do it)

07.29.2014 - Received checklist via email

07.30.2014 - Sent re-filled AOS form, as per checklist instructions

09.24.2014 - Case Complete (FINALLY)

09.30.2014 - Case leaves NVC

Embassy:

10.29.2014 - Medical

11.04.2014 - Interview in London - APPROVED

11.05.2014 - CEAC - Issued

11.07.2014 - Courier email

11.10.2014 - Passport and visa received via DX courier

In the USA:

12.02.2014 - POE (Denver)

12.24.2014 - ELIS changed to "In Process"

01.05.2015 - Greencard received in mail

ROC:
10.05.2016 - NOA1

12.13.2016 - Biometrics

11.13.2017 - Infopass Appt.

03.30.2018 - Approval

04.05.2018 - Greencard Arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.