2,584 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

My wife's priority date is 05/07/2013 and we have not heard anything back since NOA1 on 05/07/2013. :(

My wife currently lives in Nairobi, Kenya but she is enrolled in university for January 2014 (in Dallas, TX). Do you think we should contact our senator?

Fingers crossed we get NOA2 soon!

Filed: Other Timeline

My wife's priority date is 05/07/2013 and we have not heard anything back since NOA1 on 05/07/2013. sad.png

My wife currently lives in Nairobi, Kenya but she is enrolled in university for January 2014 (in Dallas, TX). Do you think we should contact our senator?

Just my personal opinion, but I think you should hold off on contacting the senators for now. The regular time frame is supposed to be 4 to 6 months with their "Goal" being 5 months. There is already a known staffing delay where the Feb filers are still waiting. Supposedly, the speed should pick up in September, but we wont know for a bit longer. I think you are still in the timeframe, so contacting a senator might not help much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

She is enrolled with a student visa or enrolled in hopes you will have her here by january? Because I don't want to sound like a negative nancy....but that is cutting it VERY close given how things have gone so far. Also, congress really can't do much besides make a congressional inquiry which is basically like talking to a tier 2. (I know from experience)

My wife's priority date is 05/07/2013 and we have not heard anything back since NOA1 on 05/07/2013. sad.png

Ohhh... I hope you don't expect her to get her CR-1 visa in hand by then. We filed in March and we don't expect to get ours in hand until February 2014 at the earliest.

Good luck.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Timeline

She is enrolled with a student visa or enrolled in hopes you will have her here by january? Because I don't want to sound like a negative nancy....but that is cutting it VERY close given how things have gone so far. Also, congress really can't do much besides make a congressional inquiry which is basically like talking to a tier 2. (I know from experience)

She is already enrolled with hopes to have her here in Jan. She is not coming via Student Visa but by CR-1

My lawyer told be approx 6 months from USCIS to process and the interview will be within a month or two in Kenya (as they do not have a long wait time like India)

Seems like that is not a correct timeline :-/

Timeline

^ If she needs to be there by January, perhaps you need to apply for a student visa? I got my student visa within two months.

I was advised by the lawyers that its better to apply through CR-1. If the student visa gets rejected, it pretty much ruins her chance of getting a CR-1 so they said go the safe route and just do CR-1 from the start.

^ If she needs to be there by January, perhaps you need to apply for a student visa? I got my student visa within two months.

I'm not 100% sure, I don't think you can get approved for a non-immigrant student visa if you already have an immigrant visa application pending

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

^ that might be something nirav325 should check from the embassy.

As for the lawyer's advice, I obviously don't have a legal background. But, I think it's fair to say that your changes of getting the spousal visa by January are pretty low. Maybe you should make a backup plan with her university, in case she won't get the visa by then? Can she postpone her studies for a semester?

Just out of curiosity, do you have any red flags on why she wouldn't have gotten the student visa? Or would she not have gotten it because she was already married to a U.S citizen?

IR1 took 520 days....

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi every one . me and my wife filed cr1 on the 22 of may 2013 we got our noa1 on 28 may i called uscis twice but they dont help me . can any one know how to get more information on my case .

and how long it tacke for them to send u noa2 of approved . and what is tier2 because i dont know what is that can some body explane . thank u

Filed: Other Timeline

hi every one . me and my wife filed cr1 on the 22 of may 2013 we got our noa1 on 28 may i called uscis twice but they dont help me . can any one know how to get more information on my case .

and how long it tacke for them to send u noa2 of approved . and what is tier2 because i dont know what is that can some body explane . thank u

There is a delay. No one knows how long, but 12 months could be a possibility. From reading the various threads, it looks like the best bet is to have the U.S citizen schedule an infopass to see if there is updated information.

DH floated the idea last night that the slow processing times are caused by furloughs for federal employees due to the current budget problems (his father is a federal employee and is working at 80% currently). Has this idea been discussed already?

^ that might be something nirav325 should check from the embassy.

As for the lawyer's advice, I obviously don't have a legal background. But, I think it's fair to say that your changes of getting the spousal visa by January are pretty low. Maybe you should make a backup plan with her university, in case she won't get the visa by then? Can she postpone her studies for a semester?

Just out of curiosity, do you have any red flags on why she wouldn't have gotten the student visa? Or would she not have gotten it because she was already married to a U.S citizen?

I was able to get a student visa being married to a US citizen but when I applied, our domicile was outside of the US and we owned a home there, so we were able to prove our intention to return after I finished my studies in the US (and the visa was just for 6 months while I finished off some degree requirements)

Hi all

Sticking my face in here. Our priority date is May 10, 2013. Heard nothing so far.

I'm a kiwi , we filed from NZ, my husband is Texan and we bought a house already over there and sold lots of our stuff in NZ so that we can sit here and regret it and feel foolish in this forced limbo. Quite frankly I was pleased when I discovered our application was with the NBC in Overland, KS as I originally thought we were with the heavily choked office in Vermont. But I guess the NBC is an unknown entity at present. Could be better or worse than Vermont with processing times.

HOWEVER, I don't think that the KS NBC are not working on the i-130's yet because they are in training or whatever. Because you can see evidence that other earlier filers are at differing/advanced points in the process who have MSC numbers.

You may have already done this but if you go back and back from your msc number sequence you will eventually find earlier filers who have a different message to yours. and similarly if you go forward you will find later filers than your own priority date. This tells me that there are 348 people with my priority date of May 10. Ahead of me are people who have messages requesting further proof of evidence, also people who are at the card production stage, who have received their status updates and requests this past June and July.

Somewhere I found advice explaining the msc sequence of numbers - what each set of numbers means with regard to dates etc. I'll try find that and re-post.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.