2,584 posts in this topic

That's really good news whats your pd and were wore you transfer?

uscis stage

june 24 2013 pd

march 3 2014 noa 2

nvc stage

march 17 2014 recived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i saw that a lot of ppl who got transferred to nsc in December 3 were accepted yesterday i was transferred December 4th do you think we will have an answre tomorrow i have a different idea plz say it

I am a new member here..Here is my time line.

NOA1- May 15th, 2013 (NBC)

Transfer to NSC - Dec 17th, 2013

NOA2-? (still waiting)

I talked with tier2 today, he was saying ..NSC currently doing March, 2013,,,I have to wait for another 2 months..then what's the point with that 60 days additional note with transfer notificiation doc...I know someone with July NOA1 got approved last week from TSC...

This whole immigration process is a joke....

Anyway...wishing everyone good luck...

Filed: Timeline

No, I still have not been approved. On day 57 since my transfer, I called their “Customer Service” number and spoke to a Tier 2 officer, who said that my petition has been assigned to an adjudicator and that now the timing is just dependent on the workload of that adjudicator.

It was really frustrating to get to a Tier 2 officer who would help. The Tier 1 rep gave me the canned speech to tell me that my petition has been transferred and that it’s within normal processing time according to their current timelines, etc etc. I listened politely, then she listened politely as I politely let her know that I’m a member of a large online community of well-educated US citizen petitioners, and that we all know that our petitions are backlogged because USCIS has chosen to focus on DACA, and that we’ve all seen approvals of USC petitions filed much later than our own as a USCIS strategy to make their waiting average better.

I also told that I understand that USCIS wants to frame the conversation to label the current waiting time as “normal” in context of their definition, but that there’s nothing “normal” about the wait times, especially for those of us waiting 9+ months. I then told her that I wanted to talk to a Tier 2 to find our exactly what’s going on with my file, and whether it’s actually assigned to someone or buried on a desk.

She transferred me to a Tier 2; the hold time was 114 minutes, and I could hold or choose a callback option. I was assured by the recording that I wouldn’t lose my place in line by choosing the callback option. It was 4:20 pm, and their hours are 8 to 6 so I chose the callback option.

They didn’t call me back of course. I called them back at 8:30 the next morning and after an hour of going twice through a Tier 1 and being transferred to a rude Tier 2 who hung up on me after I asked their name, I finally got to a very kind Tier 2. By that point I was so frustrated that I cried and asked her to please give me a minute to compose myself. She actually tried to soothe me and said she knew it was frustrating, etc. Other than telling me that the worst of the wait time is behind me and that my petition is assigned to an officer, though, I didn’t really learn a lot. When I can take the time, I’ll call again and ask if they can be more specific about the workload of the officer assigned to my petition, and ask if background check etc has even been started.

I am so sorry that you had to go through that kind of harassment. It really sucks to have to go through these emotions of frustration , anger etc.

The worst part is them hanging up when things get too difficult for them. This is just plain injustice

No, I still have not been approved. On day 57 since my transfer, I called their “Customer Service” number and spoke to a Tier 2 officer, who said that my petition has been assigned to an adjudicator and that now the timing is just dependent on the workload of that adjudicator.

It was really frustrating to get to a Tier 2 officer who would help. The Tier 1 rep gave me the canned speech to tell me that my petition has been transferred and that it’s within normal processing time according to their current timelines, etc etc. I listened politely, then she listened politely as I politely let her know that I’m a member of a large online community of well-educated US citizen petitioners, and that we all know that our petitions are backlogged because USCIS has chosen to focus on DACA, and that we’ve all seen approvals of USC petitions filed much later than our own as a USCIS strategy to make their waiting average better.

I also told that I understand that USCIS wants to frame the conversation to label the current waiting time as “normal” in context of their definition, but that there’s nothing “normal” about the wait times, especially for those of us waiting 9+ months. I then told her that I wanted to talk to a Tier 2 to find our exactly what’s going on with my file, and whether it’s actually assigned to someone or buried on a desk.

She transferred me to a Tier 2; the hold time was 114 minutes, and I could hold or choose a callback option. I was assured by the recording that I wouldn’t lose my place in line by choosing the callback option. It was 4:20 pm, and their hours are 8 to 6 so I chose the callback option.

They didn’t call me back of course. I called them back at 8:30 the next morning and after an hour of going twice through a Tier 1 and being transferred to a rude Tier 2 who hung up on me after I asked their name, I finally got to a very kind Tier 2. By that point I was so frustrated that I cried and asked her to please give me a minute to compose myself. She actually tried to soothe me and said she knew it was frustrating, etc. Other than telling me that the worst of the wait time is behind me and that my petition is assigned to an officer, though, I didn’t really learn a lot. When I can take the time, I’ll call again and ask if they can be more specific about the workload of the officer assigned to my petition, and ask if background check etc has even been started.

I am so sorry that you had to go through that kind of harassment. It really sucks to have to go through these emotions of frustration , anger etc.

The worst part is them hanging up when things get too difficult for them. This is just plain injustice

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Late April and early May filers @ Nebraska!!!

I can tell for sure that Nebraska is currently working on last week of April and 1st week of May files with a transfer date of 3rd December. I have been observing majority of the NSC approvals since last week and this week and there seems to be a clear trend... there were 3 April 29th approvals last week and all had a transfer date of 3rd Dec... Like wise yesterday and today altogether we had 3 early May approvals from Nebraska with a transfer date of 3rd Dec....

I believe people like zamsha and a few more early May filers with a transfer date of 12/3 can expect an approval from Nebraska in the next few days......

My transfer date is 12/4 similar to people like Atrain, SJ&BB and quite a few other early May filers... We stand next in the queue and hopefully could expect an approval in the next 10 t0 15 days if Nebraska sticks to this trend.... The next few days should tell the story.. Lets keep our eyes open guys!!!

USCIS
2013/04/27 : Mailed I-130 petition to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox, Arizona.
2013/04/30 : I-130 PETITION PRIORITY DATE (NOA1).
2013/05/02 : Received (NOA1) hardcopy by mail from National Benefits Center (NBC).
2013/12/04 : I-130 petition transferred from National Benefits Center (NBC) to Nebraska Service Center (NSC).
2014/02/12 : I-130 PETITION APPROVED (NOA2) at Nebraska Service Center (NSC).
2014/02/13 : Approved I-130 petition shipped from Nebraska Service Center (NSC) to National Visa Center (NVC).
2014/02/18 : Received (NOA2) hardcopy by mail from Nebraska Service Center (NSC).
NATIONAL VISA CENTER (NVC)
2014/02/25 : National Visa Center (NVC) received approved I130 petition from Nebraska Service Center (NSC).
2014/03/31 : Case Number, IIN & BIN generated.
2014/04/01 : DS-261 available. Completed & submitted online.
2014/04/01 : AOS fee bill invoiced & paid online.

2014/04/04 : AOS fee payment status appears as PAID.

2014/04/08 : IV fee bill invoiced & paid online.

2014/04/11 : IV fee payment status appears as PAID.

2014/04/12 : DS-260 available. Completed & submitted online.

2014/06/24 : IV packet delivered at National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/07/01 : IV packet scanned into system.

2014/07/28 : AOS packet delivered at National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/07/30 : AOS packet scanned into system.

2014/08/13 : IV packet reviewed & accepted by National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/09/23 : AOS checklist email received from National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/09/24 : AOS checklist correction mailed to National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/09/29 : AOS checklist correction scanned into system at National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/11/17 : CASE COMPLETED at National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/12/03 : Interview scheduled by National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/12/09 : Received interview letter (P4) email from National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/12/19 : Case shipped from National Visa Center (NVC) to US consulate Mumbai. CEAC status says 'In Transit'.

INTERVIEW & POE

2014/12/15 : Medicals completed.

2014/12/22 : Case received at US consulate Mumbai. CEAC status says 'Ready'.

2015/01/05 : Biometrics appointment scheduled.

2015/01/20 : INTERVIEW at US consulate Mumbai.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

@newonehere, thank you for your kind words. I think it must be overwhelming to work somewhere like USCIS, with not enough employees to get the work done quickly, and a never-ending pile of petitions with unhappy customers. That said, I'd like to think that I would be calm and understanding of those customers, and be more like the third Tier 2 officer that I got, rather than nasty and uncaring to customers.

@anuspras, thank you for your encouraging report. I appreciate the information and the optimism, from you and others who've shared.

Congratulations to all of those who've been approved. Hang in there with the NVC - you're on the downhill stretch now.

Just checked on the web site it says we are at " Post Decision Activity"

"post decision activity" means approved..well, in my case. I am not sure about others' cases but when we got approved, that's what it said.

Are tier 2's on a snow day today? My wife called this morning and couldn't get through...

USCIS

04-06-2013 // Married!

05-02-2013 // I-130 Mailed

05-06-2013 // NOA1

12-05-2013 // Transfer to Nebraska Service Center

02-11-2014 // NOA2 Approved!

NVC

02-24-2014 // NVC Received Case

03-31-2014 // Received Case #, IIN# and BIN#

03-31-2014 // AOS Fee Paid

03-31-2014 // DS-261 Completed

04-02-2014 // IV Fee Paid

04-03-2014 // AOS Packet Sent

04-08-2014 // AOS Packet Scanned Into System

04-08-2014 // DS-260 Completed

04-15-2014 // IV Package Sent

04-22-2014 // IV Package Scanned Into System

04-23-2014 // False Checklist for IV Docs

05-07-2014 // Case Complete!!!!!! :dancing:

05-14-2014 // CC Email from NVC

05-28-2014 // Medical in London

06-10-2014 // APPROVED AT INTERVIEW!! :dance:

06-16-2014 // Visa in Hand

06-17-2014 // POE: Boston :goofy:

ROC

04-01-2016 // I-751 Delivered

04-06-2016 // Check Cashed

Filed: Timeline

Late April and early May filers @ Nebraska!!!

I can tell for sure that Nebraska is currently working on last week of April and 1st week of May files with a transfer date of 3rd December. I have been observing majority of the NSC approvals since last week and this week and there seems to be a clear trend... there were 3 April 29th approvals last week and all had a transfer date of 3rd Dec... Like wise yesterday and today altogether we had 3 early May approvals from Nebraska with a transfer date of 3rd Dec....

I believe people like zamsha and a few more early May filers with a transfer date of 12/3 can expect an approval from Nebraska in the next few days......

My transfer date is 12/4 similar to people like Atrain, SJ&BB and quite a few other early May filers... We stand next in the queue and hopefully could expect an approval in the next 10 t0 15 days if Nebraska sticks to this trend.... The next few days should tell the story.. Lets keep our eyes open guys!!!

Good analysis. Lets observe. How long have they been working on Dec third transfers?

Timeline

im april filer and still not aprroved and my case still in my uscis local field office, !!!!!!!!

Did you double check that information?

Local field offices are not processing any I-130 cases anymore.

All files are the service centers (California, Texas and nebraska)

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We just got approved today from NSC! Saying it is a relief is an euphemism !!!

PD : May 14th
Transfer to NSC : December 11th

NOA2 : February 5th !!

We talked to two senators who made inquiries on our behalf. One was pretty helpless... Just giving us informations we already knew.

The other one got back to us yesterday explaining that she talked to someone at USCIS NSC and that our case "was recently assigned to an officer ". But the lady at the Senator's office also said that, since we just got assigned, we should expect a decision or RFE in 30-45 days.

After receiving the USCIS "post decision activity", we also received another email from the Senator office! She wrote that USCIS got back to her stating "after I spoke to them yesterday, the officer was actually able to complete work on your I130 (...) the officer was able to complete things faster than they had estimated yesterday".

Another proof that the whole USCIS process is a joke and that they really do whatever they want, the day they want!

Timeline

We just got approved today from NSC! Saying it is a relief is an euphemism !!!

PD : May 14th

Transfer to NSC : December 11th

NOA2 : February 5th !!

We talked to two senators who made inquiries on our behalf. One was pretty helpless... Just giving us informations we already knew.

The other one got back to us yesterday explaining that she talked to someone at USCIS NSC and that our case "was recently assigned to an officer ". But the lady at the Senator's office also said that, since we just got assigned, we should expect a decision or RFE in 30-45 days.

After receiving the USCIS "post decision activity", we also received another email from the Senator office! She wrote that USCIS got back to her stating "after I spoke to them yesterday, the officer was actually able to complete work on your I130 (...) the officer was able to complete things faster than they had estimated yesterday".

Another proof that the whole USCIS process is a joke and that they really do whatever they want, the day they want!

i am really happy for you can you explain to us how to write a message to the senator maybe the way you did it helped a lot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.