kisstin04

Best way to proof your relationship

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We provided photocopies of boarding passes, photocopies of passport stamps, 6 photos (2 with his mom) of my most recent trip over there - they're not timestamped, but I wrote the date and location and who was in the picture on the back (we were a bit worried as none of them included any recognisable landmarks, but we looked like we did in passport photos included in the pack, so I guess that was okay), a copy of the FB post announcing our engagement and all the comments underneath the post from friends and family (to show that it was legit - I guess we saw it as the modern equivalent of putting a notice in the paper?), and the Q18 response. We were approved yesterday, no RFE.

I understand the concept of front loading, and for some high-fraud countries, that may be a sensible approach. But just like a resume is there to get you an interview, not to get you a job, we figured that the petition pack's purpose was to get us to the next stage, and we didn't want to risk the USCIS official looking at a massive file and thinking "oh god, it's 4.30pm, I've got a hot date tonight, I don't even want to think about reading all that lot now, maybe I'll deal with that one underneath first as it looks like it will be quicker to go through".

For our Q18, my fiance originally wrote a long, beautiful and romantic response, which I absolutely loved (and have kept so that i can re-read it whenever I'm missing him particularly badly). But for the petition pack, we edited it to make it about half a page long, cut down the bit about how we met, and made sure it was specific about the dates of the recent visit, and how we got engaged. (Friends of mine both had to write something similar when she was moving to the UK to be with her British fiance. She wrote 10 bullet points covering factual information about dates and places. He wrote a 3 page love letter going back to his memories of seeing her across a crowded bar all those years ago and covering everything in between then and now. I don't think he was too impressed with hers! We went for something half way in between the two.)

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Would it seem odd that I only include one boarding pass from my returning flight from my last visit? We honestly never thought to keep any of our boarding passes. We will include our past itinerarys even if they do not count as proof.

The whole purpose of the boarding passes is to show that you sat next to each other, showing that you met. I'm not sure if that would be sufficient.

Journey so far:

09/14/2012: Sent I-129F Packet

09/21/2012: NOA1 Received

04/22/2013: NOA2 Notice of approval
05/08/2013 NVC Received

06/01/2013 Packet 3 Received

06/04/2013 Packet 3 Sent

06/10/2013 Packet 4 email received

06/27/2013 First Scheduled interview-cancelled (didn't get notarized paperwork in time)

08/12/2013 K-1 interview passed!

08/28/2013 Lili Arrives in the U.S.!!!

10/04/2013 Marriage!!!

03/26/2014 AOS Approved!

04/02/2014 Received GC

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and think of what could go right!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Would it seem odd that I only include one boarding pass from my returning flight from my last visit? We honestly never thought to keep any of our boarding passes. We will include our past itinerarys even if they do not count as proof.

I don't think only having the return flight would be strange, you must have had a flight to get there in the first place. I would think that that plus an itinerary and a passport stamp with corresponding dates would be sufficient.

Also, my fiance and I traveled a lot together and couldn't find all of our physical boarding passes printed at the airport, but since now a lot of domestic flights let you print your eboarding pass we were able to find all of those in email... that could be another option if you've lost the actual paper copy.. and it would show seats together

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Another question-

Do baggage receipts from your past travels to see your fiance count as primary evidence?

Sure, all your evidence, when put together should show to a total stranger (the USCIS adjucator) that you indeed did meet in person somewhere.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,I am new here.I would like to ask what would be good for me to send as evidence.I live in Europe for a long time I meet my fiance here in my town who lives near me 2 years and a few months,I am asking this as I do not have chat logs,we call each other and see each other almost every day and also we use prepaid cell numbers and they only give prepaid users logs from the last six months,I have pictures with many friends and my family,we went only once to a trip this year but I do not have dates on the photos.I have a engagement ring I bought and pictures where I set the stone my self as I got the stone separately.So what can I provide,I used MSN from the start but it was terminated this year in March,only have a Skype log one year old,used it to make a call to her phone,never use Skype anyway.Any suggestions,anything would help?

Pictures but no date but lots of them with many friends,town,beach,travel and my family and her mom.I have pictures from the first day we meet and my friends wedding also but again,no dates on them

Ring receipt that I orderd from USA

Cell logs six months only back from this month

Hotel and ticket purchase receipt and passport stamps

We dont send email as we live in the same city and never used our home phones as we have free to talk on our cell phones

The thing is I did not plan this,I asked her for us to move to the US and live there,so any help would mean a lot.Thank you!

What I did with ours as I prepare for our interview next month, we have 7 pictures from his two trips, each with 1-2 short sentences describing the picture since they don't have time stamps, no skype/fb logs because if include them I'll have like 1k+ pages which I won't be able to handle so I made for it with cards and mailed letters from him and his family to me, and receipts of my gifts for him, his flight itineraries, and stamps on his passport.

K1 Visa Timeline

• xx-xx-2005 - Met in an online creative writing forum for anime (Yes, we are nerds. Awesome ones, at that.) Became friends ever since and chatted mostly on YM. Our characters' names were Kumi and Drake.
  • 11-20-2011 - We became a couple.
  • 05-16-2012 to 05-25-2012 - First visit
  • 11-08-2012 - NOA1
  • 12-11-2012 to 12-18-2012 - Second visit
  • 05-08-2013 - NOA2
  • 06-13-2013 to 06-14-2013 - Two-day medical exam; passed!
  • 07-19-2013 - He visits again to be with me for the interview
  • 07-22-2013 - Interview date / APPROVED!
  • 08-01-2013 - Seattle POE
  • 08-02-2013 - Arrived in MO.
  • 09-01-2013 - Married!

AOS Timeline

• 10-01-2013- Sent AOS/EAD/AP in.
  • 10-10-2013 - NOA1 Date
  • 11-05-2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 12-05-2013 - EAD/AP: approved
  • 12-17-2013 - Combo card received
  • 01-10-2014 - Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case
  • 01-24-2014 - Card production
  • 01-29-2014 - Card mailed
  • 01-31-2014 - Permanent Residency Card received
  • 05-05-2014 - Job offer

ROC TImeline

• 10-26-2015- Second Anniversary of Permanent Residency
  • 11-03-2015 - Sent I-751 application
  • 11-05-2015 - NOA1 Receipt Date
  • 12-04-2015 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 05-18-2016 - Card production

I have my fiancee added as an additional user on a credit card account and I have western union-ed a couple of times to her so I keep copies of those transactions.

Wow, I didn't even think of that headbonk.gif My fiance is listed as my beneficiary for my bank accounts if I were to pass away, and I've PayPal'd him money a few times but didn't think to put that in the packet. Good advice!

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Hi all,I am new here.I would like to ask what would be good for me to send as evidence.I live in Europe for a long time I meet my fiance here in my town who lives near me 2 years and a few months,I am asking this as I do not have chat logs,we call each other and see each other almost every day and also we use prepaid cell numbers and they only give prepaid users logs from the last six months,I have pictures with many friends and my family,we went only once to a trip this year but I do not have dates on the photos.I have a engagement ring I bought and pictures where I set the stone my self as I got the stone separately.So what can I provide,I used MSN from the start but it was terminated this year in March,only have a Skype log one year old,used it to make a call to her phone,never use Skype anyway.Any suggestions,anything would help?

Pictures but no date but lots of them with many friends,town,beach,travel and my family and her mom.I have pictures from the first day we meet and my friends wedding also but again,no dates on them

Ring receipt that I orderd from USA

Cell logs six months only back from this month

Hotel and ticket purchase receipt and passport stamps

We dont send email as we live in the same city and never used our home phones as we have free to talk on our cell phones

The thing is I did not plan this,I asked her for us to move to the US and live there,so any help would mean a lot.Thank you!

Cell phone/Skype records, emails/IMs, and photos are secondary evidence anyways. I think what you've got, with regards to those, is fine. Just write the dates on the back of the photos and where they were taken.

Now, for primary evidence: Can you prove you live in the same city? Since they're just looking for evidence of meeting within the last two years, this should help prove your case. Do you have any receipts that put you in the same place at the same time?

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Cell phone/Skype records, emails/IMs, and photos are secondary evidence anyways. I think what you've got, with regards to those, is fine. Just write the dates on the back of the photos and where they were taken.

Now, for primary evidence: Can you prove you live in the same city? Since they're just looking for evidence of meeting within the last two years, this should help prove your case. Do you have any receipts that put you in the same place at the same time?

Thank you for helping.Yes,I have bills that I pay 7 years in back,the home and internet is on my name so I pay this since 2006.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.