kisstin04

Do i need a attorney to file for fiancé visa

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys me and my fiancé our 8 years in relationship we are high school sweet heart since 2005. They migrate in the year of 2007 and every 2 years he visited me in the philippines. Right now he filled already his citizenship and we are waiting for his fingerprinting etc. can someone help me here? His planning to file a fiancé visa after his oath taking, do you think we need a attorney? Because we read the requirements there is a lot of papers to fill up and can you give me advice how to proof our relationship because way back 2005 there is no facebook and our communication everyday is skype calls, magic jack and yahoo messenger before skype invented, i wish some one will help me on this thanks in advance

Timeline

Hi! Getting an attorney would definitely depend on you. Their job is to just assist you with all the paper works, but really, there is still no guarantee. You can find the forms on the Downloads section above or click this: http://www.visajourney.com/content/downloads . Also you can go to http://www.uscis.gov to download updated forms. You guys can actually do it yourselves. Most of the couples here don't have attorneys. Just follow the instructions and I'm pretty sure, you can do it! :) Hope this helps.

Timeline

Hi! Getting an attorney would definitely depend on you. Their job is to just assist you with all the paper works, but really, there is still no guarantee. You can find the forms on the Downloads section above or click this: http://www.visajourney.com/content/downloads . Also you can go to http://www.uscis.gov to download updated forms. You guys can actually do it yourselves. Most of the couples here don't have attorneys. Just follow the instructions and I'm pretty sure, you can do it! :) Hope this helps.

Hi glory thanks for the reply. Im confused how to proof our relationship do you think our photos is enough? And are you living in america already? I wish some one will advice me in my same situation and now already living in USA

Timeline

Hi glory thanks for the reply. Im confused how to proof our relationship do you think our photos is enough? And are you living in america already? I wish some one will advice me in my same situation and now already living in USA

No, I'm still in the Philippines but we're in the process of K-1 visa too. Proof of relationship would be photos, plane tickets, itineraries, hotel booking, engagement ring (if you have), receipts, remittances, skype calls, call logs, emails, facebook, and many others that you can think of that will prove your bona fide relationship. My fiance and I included all of those in our packet. Most of the K-1 applicants here also did the same thing. I take advice from someone who's currently in the US (She's been there for years now). She was my mentor in school before and they applied for K-1 few years back. :)

Timeline

Thanks for your wonderful reply i would like to ask again sino ba may kailangan ng proof of relationship na mag papakita sila na mag filed doon o tayo dito na mag apply ng visa?

On the list of requirements for petition filing, you see "(optional)" on the proof of relationship. Pero in almost all cases Kelangan talaga sya. Some couple who didn't include it got RFE, and most likely delay the process. So better have it complete and more than be sorry, right? :) You will also need everything that is included in the I-129F packet pag dating ng interview mo, plus more updated documents. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We hired an immigration lawyer ourselves and still got an RFE. I wish I've found this site before we hired the lawyer. IMHO, it is a waste of money to a hire a lawyer. All our lawyer did was re-type the forms and have us sign them and organize the portfolio which we obviously can do ourselves. I agree, just follow the guidelines here in VJ and you'll never go wrong. biggrin.png

Edited by JobienJeck

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

Timeline

We hired an immigration lawyer ourselves and still got an RFE. I wish I've found this site before we hired the lawyer. IMHO, it is a waste of money to a hire a lawyer. All our lawyer did was re-type the forms and have us sign them and organize the portfolio which we obviously can do ourselves. I agree, just follow the guidelines here in VJ and you'll never go wrong. biggrin.png

Thanks for reply im so confused if our proof of relationship is enough for petition

Timeline

Thanks for reply im so confused if our proof of relationship is enough for petition

Proof of relationship is not difficult. When we filed my wife's K-1 petition our proof of relationship was:

• pictures with captions (us together on different day,s in different places, wearing different clothes as well as pics with us and her family members, pics of engagement party)
  • one page of a chat log for each day we chatted on yahoo messanger
  • receipt and pics of engagement ring
  • written statement as to how we first met, details of our most recent face to face meeting including our engagement, and our future plans together
  • intent to marry statements from each of us

Just remember there is no limit on the amount of evidence you send and too little evidence can delay or even hurt your case.

If you want to actually see some of our proof message me.

As for your original question about needing an attourney. I say NOT NECESSARY!!! Visa Journey has very good guides and if you need help you just ask.

K1 Visa Timeline:

03/21/2012 Met in person

03/23/2012 Engaged

04/09/2012 I-129F mailed

04/13/2012 I-129F Received at TSC, forwarded to VSC

04/13/2012 NOA1 Date

04/13/2012 Check Cashed

04/19/2012 Received NOA1 letter

10/18/2012 NOA2-No RFE

10/23/2012 Received MNL case number from NVC

10/24/2012 Paid visa fee and scheduled interview

11/08/2012 Medical Completed

11/09/2012 CFO seminar and interview completed

11/19/2012 Interview USEM- VISA APPROVED

11/26/2012 Passport (and visa) in transit from post

11/27/2012 Visa Packet delivered/Air booked-business class all the way!!

12/05/2012 flew to Manila-CFO sticker-USA Bound

12/06/2012 Arrived USA-POE Washington DC!!!!!!!!!

12/12/2012 Wedding

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Vj is free for use...

You repay by helping others that follow after you. . :)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you want to do it right - do it yourself. Its really a good idea for you to learn the procedure and become knowledgeable on the subject, because it is very important to you. Its more important to you, than attorney who is here just for the money.

01-12-2013 - Engaged

01-18-2013 - Sent I-129F

01-22-2013 - NOA1

06-21-2013 - Transferred to TSC

07-09-2013 - NOA2 (due to the glitch I find out about it on July 25th)

09-19-2013 - Interview in Moscow

My Pinay wife, Chinook, and I went through the K-1 fiancée visa process.

You came to the right place. We'll help you and you'll save a lot of money. Also, it's faster when you do it yourself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys me and my fiancé our 8 years in relationship we are high school sweet heart since 2005. They migrate in the year of 2007 and every 2 years he visited me in the philippines. Right now he filled already his citizenship and we are waiting for his fingerprinting etc. can someone help me here? His planning to file a fiancé visa after his oath taking, do you think we need a attorney? Because we read the requirements there is a lot of papers to fill up and can you give me advice how to proof our relationship because way back 2005 there is no facebook and our communication everyday is skype calls, magic jack and yahoo messenger before skype invented, i wish some one will help me on this thanks in advance

After my attorney experience I would say definitely no to hiring one; waste of money, takes longer and still get a RFE. Unless someone can highly recommend one (and I don't think I've seen any posts that are positive on any of them), stay far away, do the research using this website and file the paperwork yourselves. You'll get faster responses to your questions here on the forums also.

Good luck!

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

After my attorney experience I would say definitely no to hiring one; waste of money, takes longer and still get a RFE. Unless someone can highly recommend one (and I don't think I've seen any posts that are positive on any of them), stay far away, do the research using this website and file the paperwork yourselves. You'll get faster responses to your questions here on the forums also.

Good luck!

Totally agree.

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.