DercitoCarmen

Do we need a lawyer, special needs and will probably need a sponsor

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, we are starting this journey and were wondering if having this uncommon situations will make us have to hire a lawyer instead of doing it ourselves.

I am from Peru, and have a son with autism, he is 15 years old. And my future husband has been unemployed as he quit his job last year to take care of his mom who was very sick. He is starting a new life now that his mom passed but he will have to start again so probably wont meet the requirements to file without a sponsor. He is receiving some money to buy a house soon (his moms house just got sold) so he is planning to buy a house but dont know if that will count as his tax returns will be very low.

1)Anyway, do you think we can try doing everything by ourselves or will it be better to hire a lawyer?

2) Does anyone from Lima, Peru know if the Embassy here accept a sponsor for the I 134?

3) My sister is a medical doctor , she got married with an american and she is already an american citizen, can she be my sponsor?

Thank you very much for all your help

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

lets say you hire a lawyer...

you still have to do all the LEG WORK to get the information..

you give to lawyer.. they add to FREE FORMS form USCIS..

OR you can do it yourself and save money

2 n/a

the US CITIZEN is the sponsor.. your sister, if she agrees to the TERMS .. could be the co sponsor.. IF she meets the criteria for supporting HER HOUSEHOLD (?) and YOURS (3)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, we are starting this journey and were wondering if having this uncommon situations will make us have to hire a lawyer instead of doing it ourselves.

I am from Peru, and have a son with autism, he is 15 years old. And my future husband has been unemployed as he quit his job last year to take care of his mom who was very sick. He is starting a new life now that his mom passed but he will have to start again so probably wont meet the requirements to file without a sponsor. He is receiving some money to buy a house soon (his moms house just got sold) so he is planning to buy a house but dont know if that will count as his tax returns will be very low.

1)Anyway, do you think we can try doing everything by ourselves or will it be better to hire a lawyer?

2) Does anyone from Lima, Peru know if the Embassy here accept a sponsor for the I 134?

3) My sister is a medical doctor , she got married with an american and she is already an american citizen, can she be my sponsor?

Thank you very much for all your help

I believe the embassy in peru does accept co-sponsors. I was evaluating the necessity of having to use one but thankfully I found a new job that will allow me to meet the requirements. i couldn't fine anyone on here who could answer the question about weather lima accepts them or not, but I did find a review in the embassy pages on here that mentioned using a co-sponsor and being approved and I also called the embassy in Lima to ask. The women on the phone was kind of curt and didn't really understand my question at first, she just kept telling me she couldn't answer questions about my case until it was forwarded from NVC. Once i explained for about the 5th time that I wasn't trying to get specific info about my case, just had a general question she told me that they do accept them in certain situations

He needs to find work soon that can satisfies 125% poverty guidelines. The previous year of no work shouldn't effect the process as long as he is working now and has a letter of employment he can provide in packet 4 at the time of your interview.

Edited by Sayha or bust.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.