Cherries2013

RFE on thorough application?!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi all,

I hope you can help usfigure out why we got an RFE, and what more possibly coud we show to prove we have a good faith marriage.

Our RFE is the general boilerplate language - but one of the first paragraphs specifically states that we didn't show "joint resposibility of assets/liabilities" and "commingling of finances." I am quite confused about this, since (see below) we definitely did.

We sent:

1. Lease of our apartment/Letter from management agency
  2. copy of driver's licenses
  3. letters addressed to both of us at the same address
  4. Financial: statements from joint checking/savings accounts, statements from multiple joint credit card accounts
  5. Copies of joint taxes for 2 years
  6. Health: health insurance info/cards/EOBs showing we use same insurance, letter showing him as my beneficiary on my life insurance, FSA cards
  7. Pictures of travel and our wedding with 100+ at our elaborate ceremony/reception!
  8. 3 affidavits

Honestly, I'm not sure how much more we can provide them.

I will definitely send updates of all of this. But what else is good enough proof? We don't have too many big assets (car, house, etc) b/c we are students.

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thats pretty good evidence. Don't worry, RFEs are not uncommon. I am convinced that there are other factors other than evidence that drive RFEs - beneficiaries country of origin. But that's just me :)

I would give credit card statements from several months, several months of bills. I give them enough bills that literary covered the entire period me and my husband were married - utility, gas, car insurance etc

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all,

I hope you can help usfigure out why we got an RFE, and what more possibly coud we show to prove we have a good faith marriage.

Our RFE is the general boilerplate language - but one of the first paragraphs specifically states that we didn't show "joint resposibility of assets/liabilities" and "commingling of finances." I am quite confused about this, since (see below) we definitely did.

We sent:

1. Lease of our apartment/Letter from management agency
  2. copy of driver's licenses
  3. letters addressed to both of us at the same address
  4. Financial: statements from joint checking/savings accounts, statements from multiple joint credit card accounts
  5. Copies of joint taxes for 2 years
  6. Health: health insurance info/cards/EOBs showing we use same insurance, letter showing him as my beneficiary on my life insurance, FSA cards
  7. Pictures of travel and our wedding with 100+ at our elaborate ceremony/reception!
  8. 3 affidavits

Honestly, I'm not sure how much more we can provide them.

I will definitely send updates of all of this. But what else is good enough proof? We don't have too many big assets (car, house, etc) b/c we are students.

Thank you!

Seems to me you got one of those bogus RFE's as me. Hang tight. I just sent them the update/renewed bills since I filed. Thats all!

Thats pretty good evidence. Don't worry, RFEs are not uncommon. I am convinced that there are other factors other than evidence that drive RFEs - beneficiaries country of origin. But that's just me smile.png

I would give credit card statements from several months, several months of bills. I give them enough bills that literary covered the entire period me and my husband were married - utility, gas, car insurance etc

I would not describe in every post that you make regarding countries of origin. There are people here from Canada who got RFE.

Edited by klm9971

11/22/12 = Filed I-751 to remove conditions

11/30/12 = Got NOA1 (I-797C)

12/23/12 = Got the bio-metrics done (USCIS Status: Pending)

Waiting...

Yea, my husband is from Western Europe too, so...

I will definitely send updated everything. I'm just worried since that wasnt enough in the first round, will it be enough in the second round?

How about our wedding DVD? My mom is crying hysterically when my dad is giving me away...you really can't fake that.

Is it worthwhile getting all of the tiny details, like doctor's emergency contact forms, etc? I mean, this is getting ridiculous at this point.

Edited by Cherries2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How about our wedding DVD? My mom is crying hysterically when my dad is giving me away...you really can't fake that

USCIS does not accept digital media. Please read the instructions.

Edited by Martyshk

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Is it worthwhile getting all of the tiny details, like doctor's emergency contact forms, etc? I mean, this is getting ridiculous at this point.

I included copies of the papers I got from an emergency room visit, paperwork from adopting a pet together, emergency contact information from my college.. Yes, it feels ridiculous, but better safe than sorry! My philosophy through the whole process has been to drown them in evidence haha :)

Did you send multiple statements of your bank account and joint credit cards?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Did you send multiple statements of your bank account and joint credit cards?

Yes, I sent one statement for every 3 months. I can't imagine that this was the problem (I hope not). I will send in statements for everymonth since we filed this time, and send in quarterly statements for previous years. However, I will highlight our names on the different transactions on the account, and say that this proves we both use it.

I wonder if the problem is that the only thing we have as "assets" is a bank account. But we're students, so you cant really expect much else

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all - as an update, our application was approved 2 weeks after we sent in the RFE. We sent in updates of everything we previously sent, as well as some new pictures and a letter from my parents explaining they support us financially since we are students.

One thing I did this time that might have helped is making it super super organized. In the list of items on the coverpage, I added "showing joint use/purchases/etc" to every item, and I also included tabs and coverpages in different colors for the different sections.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.