Sebas&Lily

Incompetent USCIS lost our documents?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Do you have a lease with your names on it? I assume you sent them your taxes filed together. And something like a 401K or life insurance with the other spouse named as beneficiary.

To be honest, you sent

pictures - meaningless (only counted as secondary)

driving license - meaningless (the USCIS know how useless the DMV are!), anyone could get a driving license with an address one week and then move out.

Copies of our insurance cards (vehicle and health) - good evidence

Notarized letters from friends and family - meaningless (like the pictures - easily faked)

Bank letter - doesn't mean too much, the statements will show you actually use the account.

Copy of vehicle registration with both of our names on them - (blah, DMV again)

T-Mobile bill with our names - again, how do they know you didn't just sign the spuse up as a phantom person on your account, T-mobile don't check or care!

All in all, unless you sent something else you have only one strongish bit of evidence, your insurance cards. But could they have been forged? The USCIS won't know.

I think the lease, named beneficiary life insurance or 401K, bank statements and tax transcripts will be good enough

Forget the other stuff

Don't have a 401k yet, I just started this new job in January and as of May 1st, our Insurance finally kicked in. I have tax transcripts I will send in and I can print out more bank statements, it is pretty clear we use our bank account on a daily basis. I knew that letters from friends don't count much, same with the pictures, easily faked but I included them anyway since in the guide it was mentioned and I honestly thought it would be plenty.

Go further back. To the beginning of your marriage. They want to see that the account is used, not that it's a dummy account with one penny in it, if you know what I mean? You could do quarterly statements all the way back instead of every month.

And you can apply for citizenship on your normal timeline, even if ROC isn't finished yet.

Oh if you see our bank statements, it is pretty obvious we use it, daily :D Thanks, good to know about the citizenship part, I wasn't sure if we could do that.

Great input from HT, as usual.

Do you have Wills, medical powers of attorney, HIPAA releases, etc.? If so, include those.

Nope, none of that. The stuff we currently have should be plenty evidence, not everyone will have a 401k, Wills, medical POA etc. Thank you for your input though.

Time to throw in the kitchen sink and give them everything? On the positive note, at least someone looked at your file. CSC has been very slow.

I guess I should feel good because someone at USCIS is doing their job? :D I won't send them anything else except what I mentioned above, I will not send another picture, letter from family/friends, nothing. If they want to end up on all the TV stations, then they will send me another RFE after I send them these supporting financial documents, which shows our daily life in every single detail.

N-400:

02/21/2015: N-400 sent via USPS Priority Mail to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

02/23/2015: N-400 received by USCIS

02/27/2015: Check cashed

03/03/2015: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/26/2015: Fingerprints done!

08/24/2015: Notice of Action received, Interview letter!

09/28/2015: Interview day, PASSED! Oath Ceremony same day :)

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

I honestly think,, and this my own opinion (others disagree), that quality trumps quantity. A lease/mortgage both names, full tax transcripts, a joint account that both use for period of time, life insurance/401K with named beneficiary, loans with both names, are all top quality evidence and cannot easily be faked. Of course, the top evidence is a baby! I haven't heard of any getting an RFE when they include full birth certificate. Bit late now for you though.

I often wonder if all the other stuff - pictures, travel tickets, cover letter etc. just annoy the officer looking at the file. I know when I review documents I hate it when people include guff. I could almost imagine the officer thinking "why are they sending me so much lesser evidence, and so little top evidence" and "this is taking too much of my time going through all these documents...).

Still who knows?! You are right, it is obvious to me that your marriage is real! But I guess that is what the fakers count on as well :(

Timeline

Yeah, it's always like that isn't it? People who do dishonest things, always ruin it for the honest bunch of people... I could cry about how life is unfair all day :D

N-400:

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Timeline

As far as rental agreement, we don't have one since the owner of the house is an aquaintance of ours and we never made a contract..

N-400:

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Wouldn't they specify what they need though, like they did in billions of other letters to other users on here?

I'd love to sue them for what they are doing to us, if that's the case.

Good luck with that. Ever hear of Sovereign Immunity?

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.