Dmwaller

Interview questions for kids age 14 and 12?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a few ideas but has anyone had interviews for kids ages 14 and 12, and what questions they were asked during the interview? I know the interview will be somewhat different than a spousal interview where every dimension of the relationship is questioned, but as long as the link of parent to child exists such as birth certificate and verbal acknowledgement things should be fine.

Timeline

They will probably be asked their names and DOB. When they last saw the petitioner. Don't worry, they don't interrogate children. good.gif

When my hubby and 3 kids went to their F2B interview, the female consul asked my 6 year old son his name (in a very friendly manner). She was surprised when my son said his full name, age and birthday. Then my other kids also said theirs (5 and 4 year olds). The consul laughed. laughing.gif

Edited by apple21

I have a few ideas but has anyone had interviews for kids ages 14 and 12, and what questions they were asked during the interview? I know the interview will be somewhat different than a spousal interview where every dimension of the relationship is questioned, but as long as the link of parent to child exists such as birth certificate and verbal acknowledgement things should be fine.

My 2 kids were around that age when they had their interview. They were asked basic questions like their name, birthday,their parent,s name, what the petitioner does for a living,their mom's birthday and etc.etc.

Timeline

My 2 kids were around that age when they had their interview. They were asked basic questions like their name, birthday,their parent,s name, what the petitioner does for a living,their mom's birthday and etc.etc.

I kind of figured it was basic questions. Because you are don't have to prove that the visa is not for a fake marriage or relationship. Just to show that the kids are related to the petitioner and know what is going on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.