Bugs

Official Documents for Interview and Beyond

25 posts in this topic

2 valid IDs.. BC as second ID? depends on them... here, usually request for atleast a govt issued ID or that NBI to verify the info on the BC if they match.. also govt issued IDs has ur pic on it. the BC don't...lol.. so for them to see if it is really you, they need to see ur ID and look at the info on it if it matches on the BC..so just be ready to avoid delays..bring whatever you have and whatever u think CFO will ask out of the blue..as they can be a pain in the bum...

Oh okay, I didn't realize the NBI had a photo of the person on it. But, yeah, I will have her get two NBIs to be safe. And, while it is a pain in the butt, I will ask her to get a second Taiwan police clearance as well. Even if just for herself to keep. You just never know when somebody somewhere might want to see the original, not to mention you never know if we might get denied and have to do a do-over with a spousal visa anyhow.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh okay, I didn't realize the NBI had a photo of the person on it. But, yeah, I will have her get two NBIs to be safe. And, while it is a pain in the butt, I will ask her to get a second Taiwan police clearance as well. Even if just for herself to keep. You just never know when somebody somewhere might want to see the original, not to mention you never know if we might get denied and have to do a do-over with a spousal visa anyhow.

yes.play it safe... if you can get two nbi and two PC from Taiwan, get it!! and yes even if just for herself to keep..better to have her own record too.. ;) also, NBI must really have a picture..it is digital.. the right thumb finger print and picture on NBI clearance are digital..taken at the NBI processing center/satellite offices..that is why NBI clearance is also an in demand proof of identity here.. not only that the authorities/employers/anybody would see your info but also if u have any derogatory records,etc..NBI is only P140.. not so expensive compared to delays or stresses it might cause u if incase the cfo want to have their own.. and also do not forget to photocopy ALL the original documents you have.. if they ask for originals, atleast u have it on hand already.

hey, dont say that you might get denied. let's all hope for the NOA2 to come soon. just pray that everything will be ok.. Robb & I wishes you both good luck and may the next steps go smoothly for all of us. :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

it didnt say they require nbi clearance and cenomar/cemar

OP is a K1 filer. They have a different guidance counseling part that requires other documents, aside from the ones posted on the site. For us F2A filers, we only need to bring what is mentioned on that list.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OP is a K1 filer. They have a different guidance counseling part that requires other documents, aside from the ones posted on the site. For us F2A filers, we only need to bring what is mentioned on that list.

thanks for the info. Been worrying about that.

• 1 year later...

Ok i see this an old thread, but i am going to ask and hopefully someone can help me.

Questions;

1, How recent does a CENOMAR have to be? We are at NOA1 waiting for NOA2, my fiancee is a Filipino working and living in Israel. Her Cenomar is 8 years old. If we get an updated Cenomar now will the Consulate accept it it we get it and it is dated before our NOA2 letter is issued?

2, She also worked in Abu Dhabi before Israel. Can we ask for a police certificate from Abu Dhabi now and will the Consulate accept it, if it is dated before the Issuance of the NOA2 letter?

3, Since she is living and working in Israel can we ask for the Filipino police certificate now as well? Since she will not be returning to the Philipines, she will come.directly to the U.S. once her Visa is issued?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok i see this an old thread, but i am going to ask and hopefully someone can help me.

Questions;

1, How recent does a CENOMAR have to be? We are at NOA1 waiting for NOA2, my fiancee is a Filipino working and living in Israel. Her Cenomar is 8 years old. If we get an updated Cenomar now will the Consulate accept it it we get it and it is dated before our NOA2 letter is issued?

2, She also worked in Abu Dhabi before Israel. Can we ask for a police certificate from Abu Dhabi now and will the Consulate accept it, if it is dated before the Issuance of the NOA2 letter?

3, Since she is living and working in Israel can we ask for the Filipino police certificate now as well? Since she will not be returning to the Philipines, she will come.directly to the U.S. once her Visa is issued?

1) No older than 6 months.

2) You can only get a police certificate from Abu Dhabi ( UAE) in person, the embassies know this so they are waived normally.

3) What you need from the Philippines is the NBI, not a local police certificate. Just make sure the NBI is for travel abroad.

BTW, best way to ask a question is not to tack it onto an old topic but rather to start a new topic

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks.

So we can go ahead and ask for the Cenomar.

Do you know if say we were able to get a police certificate from Abu Dhabi, if we got it before we got the NoA2, would the consulate accept it?

Can my fiancee ask for an NBI at her embassy in Israel?

Or does she have to have someone back home request it for her?

Can we go ahead and request the NBI or does it have to go directly to the US consulate from the Filipino embassy?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks.

So we can go ahead and ask for the Cenomar.

Do you know if say we were able to get a police certificate from Abu Dhabi, if we got it before we got the NoA2, would the consulate accept it?

Without being there in person you can not get a police certificate, if you can go there in person then no issues that I see.

Can my fiancee ask for an NBI at her embassy in Israel?

The U.S. embassy in Israel may have requirements on how this is done, you need to read their instructions letter for requirements. But you can order the NBI online.

http://www.nbi.gov.ph/

http://nbi.njis-ph.com/

Or does she have to have someone back home request it for her?

Can we go ahead and request the NBI or does it have to go directly to the US consulate from the Filipino embassy?

You need to follow the embassy instructions letter for the U.S. embassy in Israel.

You really need to follow the embassy instructions letter for the U.S. embassy in Israel, how things are done in Manila doesn't matter.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.