infoplease

We Are a Perfect Match, But... Did We Meet Too Late? Please Help!

57 posts in this topic

no offence, but dating a married man? is that really something you wanna get into? how would you like if that was done to you? just saying..

Girl, you deserve someone who is single, and much more than what this guy can offer. I know you have emotionally invested in this guy and it will hurt if you end things with him now. But in the long term, I believe that would further save you from further hurt and unnecessary heartbreak.

Filed: Other Timeline

Why are you trying to sort out his web?

You ask for no relationship advise, but

had to comment.this flakey guy will tear

your hart to shreds don't believe his lies;

if he is so into you he will walk away from

his wife now for you (until he does it to you)

Miss find yourself a single man you can spend

Valentines, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve with.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yes, you met too late.

He is married. Plain and simple. He needs a divorce, obviously. Do you really think he is going to divorce her now/soon before any green card is cleared and good to go? Most likely not. Stopping his immigration now a few months in just to turn around and start again with you will not go over well.

It takes two people to create a successful relationship. (Like him and his wife) It only takes one person to make it fail. What do you think three makes?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I have to agree with some of the other posters here. There is a HUGE elephant in this room. He knew a woman for 2 years. He married her ( love or otherwise). Now ONLY 5 months later he is in love with you? Within 5 months of marriage he has already cheated on his wife? Missy, you really need to think about this very seriously. The implications here here are far reaching on many different levels. Even considering the immigration/divorce issues, you have only known him for a few months and you want to get involved in all this? If he is not happy where he is,for whatever reason, let him deal with his issues first, and then once he is "free", however long that takes, THEN start again. If you are truly his soul mate, and it is meant to be, a time out should not stop you from being with him in the end. Do not be the reason his marriage failed.

Note: how many people here have been separated for many months, years even, during the immigration process but still wind up together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone .The situation is like this someone is married to us woman then he is dating another one and also she is us woman too she fall in love with him .The things is like that if you ask all of them what kind of the person you want to marry one day all will say the right one .I ahte say that both of you and him are completly wrong .I'm sorry for the wife she is married to the wrong person.

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Where is the op?

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Hello everyone,

I am in a strange situation. Several months ago, I met a really great guy and since then, we have really connected, so much so that we can see a future together.

However, the major issue we have is that, before he met me, he had been dating another girl for two years. Please keep in mind that she is American and he is not. Five months ago, this girl asked him if he'd want to take the next step with her in life and, having no other plans in that department, he agreed. As he is a foreigner, paperwork started then and they are now legally married. It's not just an issue of being with the wrong girl and meeting the right one afterwards. It's a mess of legal issues pertaining to green cards, etc. Neither he nor I expected to meet and have such a connection. I feel there is no way that he and I can alter the situation and be together.

Is this true? I hope so much that it isn't!

Does anyone else have any experience with this? We mean no ill will and we in no way wish to disobey the system. We just met at the wrong time and this is heartbreaking for me. Is there no way we might have a future together?

Please help!!

Thank you.

No offense but that is such a messed up situation. I feel bad for the wife. You better re-think what you're doing.

Our 1-130, CR-1 Visa Journey

03/24/2013: Got Married

USCIS STAGE

05/11/2013: Sent I-130 to the Phoenix Lockbox

05/15/2013: Notice of Action 1 (Case transferred to NBC)

05/20/2013: Check Cashed

11/15/2013: Submitted Expedite Request to USCIS

12/12/2013: Notice of Action 2 (Case transferred to NVC)

12/16/2013: Received hard copy of Notice of Action 2

NVC STAGE

01/10/2014: Received Manila Case Number

01/10/2014: Paid AOS and IV Fees

01/16/2014: Expedite Request Approved by NVC (Submitted by Senator)

01/25/2014: Sent AOS and IV Documents to NVC

01/30/2014: AOS and IV Documents Delivered to NVC

02/20/2014: Case Status changed to "Case Complete"

02/26/2014: Case Status changed to "In Transit"

02/28/2014: Case Status changed to "Ready"

MEDICAL/INTERVIEW/POE STAGE

02/18/2014: Medical Examination at St. Lukes Extension (PASSED! One day process!)

03/03/2014: Received interview appointment instructions from U.S. Embassy

03/13/2014: Interview at U.S. Embassy Manila (PASSED!)

03/13/2014: Case Status changed to "Issued"

03/17/2014: Visa In Transit

03/19/2014: Visa Delivered

03/25/2014: Point of Entry - Los Angeles International Airport

1912458_227783277416860_1415779938_n.jpg

1509721_227784080750113_404993920_n.jpg

dSzW2vN.jpgZno0xop.jpgvy19FAf.jpgvy19p8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Where is the op?

Gone far away never to post again.

Classic VJ thread, should hit 100 replies.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.