R11 & K11

After 3 weeks... Is CSC slowing down again?

210 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
We will reiterate, it is useless from a predictive stand point.
We are already have collected the majority of data filed prior to from 06/28/12 until the establishment of DACA. The reviews are primarily random, a predictive model cannot be established.
The review of applications prior to November 1st, specifically those from July through September do not provide a significant data pattern.
The ONLY thing the data from July through September can realistically expose is the volume of outstanding petitions for those months. But that data can already be extrapolated from the existing data on Igor’s list.
Perhaps, if you clarify a question for the data to answer we could better target our analysis.
Our intention was to provide useful data to CSC filers of I129F petitions.
We do not intend to collect every possible iteration of data. This is an expensive and time consuming process and we receive nothing from providing this data. Nor can we meet the expectations or desires of every petitioner.
If our efforts are only going to result in criticism or demands perhaps we were mistaken in sharing this data.
The data is what it is.

Perhaps providing the raw harvested data and allowing others to query and manipulate this data might yield other beneficial uses, aside from the purely predictive ones you mention (i.e. workload productivity and case pending status viewed on different scales). How possible do you think this would be? Perhaps including VSC data in the data set would also be useful as a point of contrast and/or comparison (or simply for VSC folks who are equally concerned about case processing times).

Perhaps providing the raw harvested data and allowing others to query and manipulate this data might yield other beneficial uses, aside from the purely predictive ones you mention (i.e. workload productivity and case pending status viewed on different scales). How possible do you think this would be? Perhaps including VSC data in the data set would also be useful as a point of contrast and/or comparison (or simply for VSC folks who are equally concerned about case processing times).

We have considered posting the data but are not sure if to include the WAC receipt numbers. We have already been removing references to shipping tracking numbers etc. so that we can post it.

Collecting for VAC is not something we are considering. We have already doubled our project scope by expending the date range.

Timeline

We have considered posting the data but are not sure if to include the WAC receipt numbers. We have already been removing references to shipping tracking numbers etc. so that we can post it.

Collecting for VAC is not something we are considering. We have already doubled our project scope by expending the date range.

Remove the WACs and just assign some database specific unique identifier to each case. That should be sufficient for data analysis.

Timeline

Yes, that’s similar to what we were considering. Perhaps the use of a GUID so that people can later apply updates to the correct records without needing the original WAC recipe number.

We have not decided on the exact method yet.

Before anyone asks, GUID is a Globally Unique Identifier. http://www.pctools.com/guides/article/id/4/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

If there is no movement by Wednesday, we should all start contacting reps and senators again and make a even bigger impact. We have to let them know what is going on again, we cant let this turn into a bigger problem. We have to stop it before it turns into a huge backlog again. If we dont let our voices be heard no one else will speak for us, but we have to do this together.

Filed: Timeline

FOUND this at USCIS Official Facebook

157900_228759177135310_435450900_q.jpg

Do you live in the Los Angeles area? On May 15, we will host three in-person focus group sessions soliciting feedback on the various ways in which you can interact with USCIS. Your feedback will help us improve access to information and services for current and future customers. For details and to RSVP, please send an email to USCISFocusGroupLA@jrdandassociates.com and reference “USCIS Customer Access Focus Group” in the subject line.

Filed: Timeline
I just sent a firmly worded but calm email to the Ombudsman at OLUInquiries <OLUInquiries@uscis.dhs.gov> informing them of this week's sudden slow processing rate, warning of impending backlog and continued delays should it not improve .. and requesting them to investigate why the processing rate at CSC has suddenly dropped to less than 10% of what it was a week ago.
I strongly suggest other people send something similar: repetition and awareness-raising is key.
I'll post here if I get any response at all.

It has dropped to 0% if you do not count RFE you should be clear about that. You won't like the response you get. This is what they told me today...

We have responded to your request back on April 15, 2013. The CSC is working on I-129F petitions. Where are you getting your information that no petitions are being worked at this time? There is no way for you to know if any cases are being adjudicated on a daily basis yet you continue to send emails to this mailbox.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

It has dropped to 0% if you do not count RFE you should be clear about that. You won't like the response you get. This is what they told me today...

We have responded to your request back on April 15, 2013. The CSC is working on I-129F petitions. Where are you getting your information that no petitions are being worked at this time? There is no way for you to know if any cases are being adjudicated on a daily basis yet you continue to send emails to this mailbox.

Looks like the person who responded to your email got annoyed. the data here on Vj, is just about 5-10% of what really is out there at CSC.. Next weeks will tell you for sure if they stoped working on I-129f's or are still adjudicating them but at a slower rate than 3 weeks ago. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you all :)

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

ranting33va.gif Well maybe we should sent the timelines and Igor's list, and make them aware that we know what they are and are not doing. Yes it is just a small sample size however it has proven to be representative of what CSC is doing...

Edit -> just realized I am at 6 months today... sigh... :(

Edited by A&P_Germany

Petition Mailed: 11/02/2012

NOA1: 11/07/2012

NOA2: 05/09/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 05/14/2013

NVC Receive: 05/15/2013

NVC Left: 05/17/2013

Consulate Received: 05/22/2013 per DHL

Consulate Received: 06/07/2013 per DOS

Packet 3 Received: 06/13/2013

Packet 3 Sent: 06/14/2013

Medical Complete: 06/17/2013

Packet 3 RFE Email: 06/18/2013 (Passport picture background too dark :/ come on!)

Packet 3 RFE Response: 06/22/2013 (Replacement passport pictures)

Interview Date: 07/23/2013: Approved

Visa Received: 07/27/2013

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are 6 months today too. It gets harder the closer I think we "might" be. No fun.

ranting33va.gif Well maybe we should sent the timelines and Igor's list, and make them aware that we know what they are and are not doing. Yes it is just a small sample size however it has proven to be representative of what CSC is doing...

Edit -> just realized I am at 6 months today... sigh... sad.png

This is an interesting response.

USCIS seems arrogantly proud and confident in the level of obscurity they have established. The lack of transparency allows them to give any answer they wish because they know you cannot verify anything they say.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.