PalestineMyHeart

MOROCCO MONDAY -- Add Your ME/NA MOJO !!!

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Wooohooooo Morocco is kickin azz today !!

Congratulations to you both -- wishing you a speedy finish to the ARs and visas in hand very soon !

Can't wait to hear from Angela and Hicham -- may it be a true triple play in Morocco today !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

What great news!! Two approvals so far, and now we just need the third! Congrats to both couples. :)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations to you both -- wishing you a speedy finish to the ARs and visas in hand very soon !

Can't wait to hear from Angela and Hicham -- may it be a true triple play in Morocco today !

(F)

-MK

Hamid talked to Hicham and he was approved as well, will get the visa after standard processing wait time.

Oh, when I asked Hamid for a description of the "laughing" CO, he told me "an American woman." :huh: Maybe that means it WASN'T the Asian lady. He did say she "spoke Arabic like you." Which I guess means poorly! The interview was of course in English.

Edited by sonicliz

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Great news! 3 for 3! :dance:

hattricktd0.jpg

:dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is 3 approvals the most we've had in one day? It's really great!! I'm so happy for all of you.

:)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

(F)

-MK

Hamid talked to Hicham and he was approved as well, will get the visa after standard processing wait time.

Oh, when I asked Hamid for a description of the "laughing" CO, he told me "an American woman." :huh: Maybe that means it WASN'T the Asian lady. He did say she "spoke Arabic like you." Which I guess means poorly! The interview was of course in English.

hey liz,

i talked with Said and he said there were only two ladies doing the interviews and Kim was the asian woman doing them and one other woman. Said was the last to be interviewed..that is why i had to wait for him so long. He said he was hoping he didnt get kim but the other woman left but came back and called his name..he was so happy. he said there were 5 men going for fiance visas and 2 of them were denied because one didnt speak good english and couldnt answer Kim's questions properly and the other..his papers were not in order. So im happy to hear Hicham was the other that was approved. Not sure what the laughing was like but Said said she was very patient and if he didnt understand something in english she would try to explain it to him in arabic but her arabic was poor he said. He would answer her only in english. Oh she did ask about if i like my work and Said told her yes and he asked me then...was i right..i laughed..i say yes baby i do like my work. too cute!! also, she asked things i like ...type of music, movies, things i do for fun, and she asked for names of my friends. He knew it all and even talks with my friends so he knew all who i hold dear to my heart. I should get more later...he told me it really only took 5 mintes for the interview. Congrats again to you Liz and Hicham as well...happy to hear we had a triple approval...whoohoo!!!

3/17/07 - WEDDING CEREMONY

4/2/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

4/3/07 - Chicago Received AOS/EAD

4/13/07 - Checks cashed

4/16/07 - Received NOA1 for AOS/EAD

4/21/07 - Received appointment for bimetrics

5/15/07 - Biometrics appt

5/16/07 - EAD Touched

5/16/07 - AOS Touched

6/15/07 - EAD approved

6/26/07 - Received EAD

6/28/07 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FILE TO REMOVE CONDITIONS: 3/28/09

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey liz,

i talked with Said and he said there were only two ladies doing the interviews and Kim was the asian woman doing them and one other woman. Said was the last to be interviewed..that is why i had to wait for him so long. He said he was hoping he didnt get kim but the other woman left but came back and called his name..he was so happy. he said there were 5 men going for fiance visas and 2 of them were denied because one didnt speak good english and couldnt answer Kim's questions properly and the other..his papers were not in order. So im happy to hear Hicham was the other that was approved. Not sure what the laughing was like but Said said she was very patient and if he didnt understand something in english she would try to explain it to him in arabic but her arabic was poor he said. He would answer her only in english. Oh she did ask about if i like my work and Said told her yes and he asked me then...was i right..i laughed..i say yes baby i do like my work. too cute!! also, she asked things i like ...type of music, movies, things i do for fun, and she asked for names of my friends. He knew it all and even talks with my friends so he knew all who i hold dear to my heart. I should get more later...he told me it really only took 5 mintes for the interview. Congrats again to you Liz and Hicham as well...happy to hear we had a triple approval...whoohoo!!!

Did he describe her? My husband said he had never seen the woman that interviewed him this last time. He said she had dark auburn really short hair and a lot of freckles. He said she was pretty nice.

I can't believe there was 3 approvals today! Casa is on a roll now!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just out of curiosity..how the heck is she gonna know if he's lying or not as to what music you like, whether you like your job or not? I mean did you already answer these questions somewhere else and is that what she's comparing it to? :unsure:

kind of reminds me of that honeymoon game show that used to be on tv. i forget the name of it.

Edited by doodlebug

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Newlywed Game..is that what you mean, doodle?

Congrats and Mabrooks all around!

YEAH!! That's it!!

I mean I don't even think my ex husband could have answered a lot of these questions even after a year or so of marriage! he still doesn't know what I really do for a living and hasn't a clue of one of my sister's names just 'cause he's never listened when I told him. :lol: And if you asked him what my hobbies were...well he'd be totally speechless!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

Yeah I'm gonna have to quiz Mohamed big time. He's got a shoddy memory as is. I don't have a relationship with my family so how will he be able to answer questions about them based on what I talk about? I don't talk about them so how can he know anything? Even my ex doesn't know that much about me and we were married 10 yrs.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just out of curiosity..how the heck is she gonna know if he's lying or not as to what music you like, whether you like your job or not? I mean did you already answer these questions somewhere else and is that what she's comparing it to? :unsure:

kind of reminds me of that honeymoon game show that used to be on tv. i forget the name of it.

Someone once gave me this advice: The CO won't know the minutia about the petitioner (likes, dislikes, hobbies, etc) except what is in the paperwork in front of them. So if the CO asks the beneficiary about this sort of stuff, they should just wing it and be confident, since the CO is probably looking more for the correct reaction, a sense that the couple really does know each other well, rather than a correct response. And apparently she saw the correct reactions today. :yes: Congratulations to all three couples! (F)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When i get off of work and see Said tonite i will ask him to describe the woman....every time i talk to him he says more to me so who knows what i will get when i get home to him..heheh!! as for the likes and dislikes..i never quizzed him on that...he just knows how i am and what i love to do for fun. I do agree..i think she was looking for his nonverbal cues, body language and tone of his voice in how he answered her. Cuz he even asked me if he was right..that is why i laughed. that means the boy has been listening...pretty good..lol!! As for my work...it is so hard to explain what a social worker does when it just depends on the field they are in. He knew how to describe my work because on one occassion i had suicidal client that i was dealing with and Said knew there was something wrong and i talked about it to him. that was when he knew that i help people try to get their lives back and become stable..basically no more poor..hehe!! he totally understood that. He told her exactly what i told him and it obviously worked great. i love it when she asked if i like my job...u have to like it if u r in the profession to help others....sometimes not easy to do when there are so many things going on....but i still love to see the faces when the tools i gave them helped them see a different path to success. anyways...will look for more info from the man and get description of the woman.

3/17/07 - WEDDING CEREMONY

4/2/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

4/3/07 - Chicago Received AOS/EAD

4/13/07 - Checks cashed

4/16/07 - Received NOA1 for AOS/EAD

4/21/07 - Received appointment for bimetrics

5/15/07 - Biometrics appt

5/16/07 - EAD Touched

5/16/07 - AOS Touched

6/15/07 - EAD approved

6/26/07 - Received EAD

6/28/07 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FILE TO REMOVE CONDITIONS: 3/28/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.