Jamericanlove

N-400 May 2013 Filers

925 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
oliver-chris

My husband had his interview on Thursday last week & was told if he wanted to travel before the Oath ceremony he could on his UK passport.

He also said he could travel on his UK passport until he actually had his USA passport in his hand.

Once he had his USA passport then he must ALWAYS use it for all future travel.

Hope that helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

oliver-chris

My husband had his interview on Thursday last week & was told if he wanted to travel before the Oath ceremony he could on his UK passport.

He also said he could travel on his UK passport until he actually had his USA passport in his hand.

Once he had his USA passport then he must ALWAYS use it for all future travel.

Hope that helps.

Your husband can travel on his UK passport until he becomes a US citizen. Right when he has his oath, by law he has to use his US passport to exit or enter the US. when he goes to another country its up to him which one he uses. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

After my interview I went home to the Philippines bacause my mother is so ill. I stayed for 2 weeks. We discovered that she has stage 4 cancer. My husband stayed because of work. On my oathtaking letter there are questions that needs to be answered and one is "if I travelled outside the US", and of course the answer is yes, Will there be a problem on my side that I left at once after the interview.

There won't be a problem, just tell them the truth. I was chatting to my officer and this is one of the things he said that makes people's applications be rejected - they seem to think if they lie it will look better than saying they travelled. Just tell the truth, there are very few reasons for needing to travel better than yours. I am sorry to hear about your mother.

Timeline
  • If your case has a receipt number, you can check the status.

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following - Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Which one should I select for infopass appoitment? my case has been inline for 85day today. I thought about second option Case processing Appointment but I had a doubt so I think I'll ask someone before I do anything. Thank you!

I made an info pass appointment 2 weeks before my oath ceremony last week and I was sure there was just an option for a "your case is pending and ...blah blah blah"

I assume you are filing based on 3 years of marriage to a USC? I know people can file early but a few on other forums have not received anything until 30 days before they are eligible (based on your PR card not marriage date) - just thought I would let you know to save you a trip in need - otherwise I am sorry I have no idea which one.

Timeline

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following - Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Which one should I select for infopass appoitment? my case has been inline for 85day today. I thought about second option Case processing Appointment but I had a doubt so I think I'll ask someone before I do anything. Thank you!

I made an info pass appointment 2 weeks before my oath ceremony last week and I was sure there was just an option for a "your case is pending and ...blah blah blah"

I assume you are filing based on 3 years of marriage to a USC? I know people can file early but a few on other forums have not received anything until 30 days before they are eligible (based on your PR card not marriage date) - just thought I would let you know to save you a trip in need - otherwise I am sorry I have no idea which one.

Edited by kanga

Timeline

Found your answer - the first option is:

You need Service on a case that has already been filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

They sure are dragging their feet getting the oath ceremony scheduled. Everything else has seemed rather fast.

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

05/16/2013 Mailed N400 Packet via FEDEX(overnight) $65.00

05/17/2013 USCIS Arizona Office Received packet

05/20/2013 Email Notification -RECEIPT of packet

05/25/2013 Received Letter of Acceptance

05/28/2013 USCIS Mailed Notice of Biometrics

05/31/2013 Received Letter Notice of Biometrics scheduled for 6/10/2013

06/04/2013 Walked in for Biometrics at USCIS Oakland, CA

walked in at 10:15 am, left cell phone in the car

show appointment notice & green card to the guard

Guard will notify OIC to see you because you are coming earlier than appointed date.

OIC wil ask for green card, how you obtained your GC & the reason for early appointment

Fill out paperwork, all done by 10:50 am total time 35 minutes

06/07/2013 ONLINE STATUS: In line for Interview & Scheduling

06/18/2013 ONLINE STATUS: Testing & Interview

Received INTERVIEW LETTER scheduled for 7/23/2013

07/23/2013 Interview Day - 30 mins interview, IO was very thorough and STERN

Questions asked:

1. What group of people was taken to America as slaves?

2. Why did the colonists fight the British?

3. What is the name of the VP in US?

4. Who makes Federal Laws?

5. How many amendments does the constitution have?

6. What territory did US bought from France?

Passed Civic & English Test however "cannot make a decision yet" crying.gif

IO stated that Supervisor need to review my 5 inches thick file before approval

08/26/2013 Monday ONLINE STATUS: In queue for Oath Ceremony dancin5hr.gif

09/03/2013 Tuesday (yesterday was a Holiday )

ONLINE STATUS: Scheduled for Oath Ceremony dancin5hr.gif

(just waiting for Oath Ceremony Letter to come in the mail)

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

09/03/2013 Tuesday (yesterday was a Holiday )

ONLINE STATUS: Scheduled for Oath Ceremony dancin5hr.gif

(just waiting for Oath Ceremony Letter to come in the mail)

Congratulations. Have you received the oath appointment letter yet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Yay! So I had my interview on Sept. 03. The experience was over-all a pleasent one. I arrived one hour earlier, to be able to find parking and to be prepared. I was told to sit down on a large waiting room. I waited for about 1:50. The officer who interviewed me, made me questions about my husband and I, then gave me a piece of paper I had to read from, and then told me to write down a sentence in a different piece of paper. After that, she asked me 6 questions from the booklet/cd and said: "Congratulations! you have succesfully passed your cicizenship exam, and I am recomending you as elegible for citizenship status, the Oath Ceremony is the final stage on this process, so you will receive a letter with the date, time and place where you will have your oath ceremony, within the next three months" so now its all about waiting for that paper smile.png

I had changed my address online the day before, so I gave her a print-out of the confirmation of our change of address, and a copy of our new lease. I had a whole bag with documents I could use: N-400 application copy, originals of the documents I submited, up-dated information of the proof of relationship, Green Card, Driver's licence, my husbands passport, my passport etc. I was only asked for my Green Card, Driver's License and Passport.

Since I requested a change of name, she asked me why, then made me sign a statement swearing I am not changing my name to commit any crimes, and filled out a form for court, so I can proceed to change my name everywhere afterwords.

This is my experience. I hope its useful. Please update my info. Thank you guys and the best for all of you!

Edited by KataandFreddy

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.