11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have read conflicting stories about photographs used for proof of meeting. Some people report that their photographs were rejected because they did not have a time stamp on front of picture. Others report no problems. I used my camera to take our photographs, but it is a professional level camera ( Nikon D90) the date and time are imposed on the SD card, but can not be placed on front of photograph like simple point and shoots. I don't think anyone at USCIS will know how to pull the information off the SD card, and USCIS does not accept electronic media. Any suggestions? Would a notarized statement affirming that the photographs were taken of us while I was in the Ukraine work????????

Filed: Timeline

I have read conflicting stories about photographs used for proof of meeting. Some people report that their photographs were rejected because they did not have a time stamp on front of picture. Others report no problems. I used my camera to take our photographs, but it is a professional level camera ( Nikon D90) the date and time are imposed on the SD card, but can not be placed on front of photograph like simple point and shoots. I don't think anyone at USCIS will know how to pull the information off the SD card, and USCIS does not accept electronic media. Any suggestions? Would a notarized statement affirming that the photographs were taken of us while I was in the Ukraine work????????

Pull up the proof on the SD card (I'm assuming it's a date tag on the image file), take a screenshot of it, and print it out with the picture. I'm sure if you go through all that hassle, they would accept it -- clearly label which is which based on the filename, as well.

Personally, I just handwrote when the picture was taken (July 2011 or what have you) and labelled the people in it. I sent only one picture. They were fine with that.

I figure that my best proof was the fact that I used the cover sheet from VJ (I think that might have influence to assure them it was done properly) and I included scans of my passport, showing the time that I was in Mongolia very clearly.

What would Xenu do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Just describe the photos on their back after you have them printed. Answer the following questions: Who? Where? When? Choose photos of you two together in different locations and various occasions -- if possible. Good luck star_smile.gif

The standard advice is to write info on the back - full names, location, and date. But stamps on the front certainly help. Others have also printed them out with several on a sheet with captions.

You will get an RFE if this is your primary evidence, however. Pictures are only meant to be secondary evidence. Primary evidence needs to be boarding passes, receipts, passport stamps, things of that nature that are unlikely to be tampered with.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

You use photographs to enhance other evidence like boarding passes, receipts in her hometown, passport stamps that show you travelled to her country and were in her city and then the photos show you were together. Think of it like proving something in a court of law where it takes several items to paint the picture and prove that you two were together. It also depends on the IO as to what is acceptaboe or not--so in that sense it is really hit or miss.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks guys! I was just worried I screwed up. I sent 11 photographs and put our name ,date and location on back of all of them. I also sent copies of airline tickets from both trips, Ukraine customs form -where my luggage was lost ( has my name and luggage number and description and customs officer name), copies of all receipts ( but only in Ukrainian), copy of passport pages, Skype logs, letters, emails, receipt from letter I sent registered by US postal service (official government agency). Would have sent kitchen sink, but I was afraid they would not think it was funny.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can use the camera for that , but what I did since the information is encoded within the file I simply added from the computer . How I did that I do not remember , but it can be done . Eaiser on the camera , but if you did not have it for some reason .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You can also look online for a photo dating program. I found one yesterday and have just dated our photos. My program is called "Photo Dater". It's free and stamps the photos just as a camera does. Hope this helps.

Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What you did is fine. As long as there's some info with the photos, they'll figure it out. I didn't send in photos, but printouts with captions beneath each image. No problems there. They're not stupid, they can figure out what's going on. Since you sent other stuff, too, that just helps. What matters most is documentation that you were there - you've got photos, and you've got visa stamps in your passport. I would recommend if possible to scan those same photos, along with your passport and any other documentation - tickets, receipts, et cetera. That way you will always have it if needed again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.