Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

1. Yes, if it's just you and your spouse, the household size is 2. The beneficiary is already counted, so "spouse" would be 0, since the instructions say not to count anyone twice.

2. Not sure where you're reading that, but you only submit W2s if you're submitting tax returns. With transcripts, no, they're not needed. The SOLE exception to this is if you filed jointly in the past and need to show just your own income on the transcripts, then yes, the W2s would be needed.

3. No, you just need the bar-coded cover sheet as the first sheet in the AOS package. The receipt is not needed.

Thanks!

So I think I have the package ready. I have the cover sheet, I-864EZ, 3 tax transcripts (previous 3 years), and a letter from my employer with my current base salary. FedEx'ing it tomorrow!

Quick question: For #19, do I check both boxes, or just the second one? I am including all 3 tax transcripts

Edited by L37

I called today to find out that my I-864 (sent May 15th, new version) had been processed but they are sending me back a checklist and that I need to re-do the I-864 because...

1: I "put the wrong information" into Part 3 Item 7 (total number of immigrants this petition is for). I must have left it blank on accident, because I know the answer wouldn't be anything other than ONE!!!

2: I "put the wrong amount" into Part 6 Item 13 a.1 (total income from previous year). This is BULL, because I got them right off of the tax returns themselves which I also sent in! UGH.

Does getting a checklist basically mean "start over" as in re-do the WHOLE I-864 PETITION, or will they only request certain exact things to send back? I should hear from them by email in 1-4 days but I'd like to know... Also, completing the checklist and sending the stuff back, is it processed quickly or will it take another 20 business days??? Also, do they send me back a copy of what I sent in so I can see exactly what I did wrong???

For checklists, you just need to send in what was missing/incorrect. So, if it's just the form, you just need to send that. It takes about the same amount of time to review a checklist as it is for the original package. And nope, they don't send a copy back, they just tell you what's wrong or missing in the checklist.

Thanks!

So I think I have the package ready. I have the cover sheet, I-864EZ, 3 tax transcripts (previous 3 years), and a letter from my employer with my current base salary. FedEx'ing it tomorrow!

Quick question: For #19, do I check both boxes, or just the second one? I am including all 3 tax transcripts

Check off both, that's what we did for ours.

Edited by Saylin

So my wife emailed the NVC a few days ago with a scanned copy of DS3032 (no barcode, but has nvc number). The text of the email also indicated her choice of agent

No response yet (except auto), is this normal?

Yeah, may take a week or so. Not everyone goes through the system at the same rate. If it doesn't get an acknowledgement within several more days, check back here for tips on how to resubmit.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

Thanks!

So for the AOS package, i have the following:

AOS Cover sheet

I-864EZ

2012 tax transcript

2011 tax transcript

2010 tax transcript

Employment letter with salary

Should be good to go? Plan to send it tonight

Edited by L37

Thanks!

So for the AOS package, i have the following:

AOS Cover sheet

I-864EZ

2012 tax transcript

2011 tax transcript

2010 tax transcript

Employment letter with salary

Should be good to go? Plan to send it tonight

Looks good. Any pay stubs you can include?

Hello everyone maybe you can help me out here. My husband and i currently have our case at the NVC and to sum up where we are at i paid and sent off my AOS package and he e-mailed his DS-3032. We recieved an e-mail back from the nvc stating they have recieved and accepted his choice of agent the 5th of this month.... So here it is now 7 buisness days later and still no IV fee invoiced. I cannot help but wonder why everyone's timeline states they recieved their invoice for their fee within the very next day of that e-mail. I did call the NVC and asked roughly when i should expect this, and the lady on the phone told me 5-10 buisness days. I know that I haven't waited the full 10 days but it's starting to worry my seeing as how when we sign into our payment portal it just says "$0.00" instead of "not invoiced" which is what happened with my AOS fee to kinda show they were working on it. I feel like 7 days later and nothing has even changed. Has this happened to anyone else? Is ours just out of the normal timeframe of when it should be invoiced. Thanks (:

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone maybe you can help me out here. My husband and i currently have our case at the NVC and to sum up where we are at i paid and sent off my AOS package and he e-mailed his DS-3032. We recieved an e-mail back from the nvc stating they have recieved and accepted his choice of agent the 5th of this month.... So here it is now 7 buisness days later and still no IV fee invoiced. I cannot help but wonder why everyone's timeline states they recieved their invoice for their fee within the very next day of that e-mail. I did call the NVC and asked roughly when i should expect this, and the lady on the phone told me 5-10 buisness days. I know that I haven't waited the full 10 days but it's starting to worry my seeing as how when we sign into our payment portal it just says "$0.00" instead of "not invoiced" which is what happened with my AOS fee to kinda show they were working on it. I feel like 7 days later and nothing has even changed. Has this happened to anyone else? Is ours just out of the normal timeframe of when it should be invoiced. Thanks (:

May 22nd - DS3032 sent

June 3rd - AOS Invoiced, Paid, Mailed

June 10th - DS3032 Accepted

June 11th - IV Invoiced, Paid, Mailed

So 8 calendar days and 6 business days ( not sure if NVC works weekends behind the scene).

I think things are kinda upside down now and historical data cannot be guaranteed.

May 22nd - DS3032 sent

June 3rd - AOS Invoiced, Paid, Mailed

June 10th - DS3032 Accepted

June 11th - IV Invoiced, Paid, Mailed

So 8 calendar days and 6 business days ( not sure if NVC works weekends behind the scene).

I think things are kinda upside down now and historical data cannot be guaranteed.

Soooo ours would be

May 22nd- AOS fee invoiced and paid

May 24th- They received our payment - DS-3032 e-mailed

May 25th- Mailed AOS package

June 5- Got an e-mail saying they received DS-3032

And still til this day no IV fee invoiced..... see what i mean? The thing is i got the e-mail saying they received our DS-3032 already so why is it taking them SO long just to invoice a fee?

Filed: Timeline

Soooo ours would be

May 22nd- AOS fee invoiced and paid

May 24th- They received our payment - DS-3032 e-mailed

May 25th- Mailed AOS package

June 5- Got an e-mail saying they received DS-3032

And still til this day no IV fee invoiced..... see what i mean? The thing is i got the e-mail saying they received our DS-3032 already so why is it taking them SO long just to invoice a fee?

Yeah I get you now, it seems like you should have received the IV invoice already.

All you can do is call them or have the beneficiary send email to NVCInquiry using the proper protocol.

Timeline

I have sent my I-864EZ package in. Now I am just waiting for the IV bill payment request. Can I send the DS-230 and supporting document right now to the NVC, or do I have to pay the IV bill first? I heard from someone that this can be sent early (like the DS-3032)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have sent my I-864EZ package in. Now I am just waiting for the IV bill payment request. Can I send the DS-230 and supporting document right now to the NVC, or do I have to pay the IV bill first? I heard from someone that this can be sent early (like the DS-3032)oiced.

The DS-3032 is what generates the IV BILL thats why its sent in as soon as you get case#. No you can't send in the DS-230 package before you pay.

Has your DS-3032 been accepted yet? Once that is accepted about a week later your IV BILL should be invoiced.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

The DS-3032 is what generates the IV BILL thats why its sent in as soon as you get case#. No you can't send in the DS-230 package before you pay.

Has your DS-3032 been accepted yet? Once that is accepted about a week later your IV BILL should be invoiced.

My wife emailed the DS-3032 (no barcode, but wrote NVC number on it). In the body of the email, she also indicated that I was the agent of choice (basically reiterated the DS-3032). Sent it on Monday, no response yet.

Edited by L37

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My wife emailed the DS-3032 (no barcode, but wrote NVC number on it). In the body of the email, she also indicated that I was the agent of choice (basically reiterated the DS-3032). Sent it on Monday, no response yet.

Oh you have a wait maybe another week or more its usually 10 to 14 days.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.