Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Yeah that's true, USCIS are buggers too then!

I wasn't trying to say I was the only person experiencing this, I was just airing my frustrations to people going through the same thing.

There's nothing I can do expect give them their time. Just hope it doesn't take longer than 20 days. The guy I spoke to said he couldn't give me a time frame for the new AOS (he did say 20 days for the IV forms to be processed).

IR1/CR1

-- USCIS --

JAN/28/2013 - I-130 sent to Chicago

FEB/01/2013 - Received email NOA1 (routed to NBC, further processing in Baltimore field office)

APR/15/2013 - I-130 approved (on USCIS website)

APR/20/2013 - NOA2 in mail

--NVC--

APR/22/2013 - NVC received our case

MAY/06/2013 - Got NVC case number (over the phone)

MAY/06/2013 - Emailed DS-3032 form (choice of agent)

MAY/09/2013 - Received and PAID AOS Bill

MAY/15/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted by NVC (email)

MAY/16/2013 - Received and PAID IV Bill

MAY/18/2013 - Sent AOS package (I-864)

MAY/21/2013 - Sent IV package (DS-230)

JUN/17/2013 - AOS RFE email

JUN/18/2013 - Corrected AOS mailed out (over-night)

JUL/10/2013 - Case complete!!!

--LONDON--

JUL/12/2013 - Assigned interview date

JUL/31/2013 - Medical

AUG/08/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!❤??

AUG/19/2013 - Visa in hand

AUG/28/2013 - POE (BOS)

Oh no...

What help would it be us calling uscis? Do you plan on calling them?

IR1/CR1

-- USCIS --

FEB/01/2013 - Received email NOA1 (routed to NBC, further processing in Baltimore field office)

--NVC--

--LONDON--

JUL/31/2013 - Medical

AUG/28/2013 - POE (BOS)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just called the NVC and this lady told me to call uscis and tell them about the problem with i 864 new forum she said that they don't know how to review the new forums yet and that it could take more then 20 days

Why would USCIS care NVC is slow at reviewing the new forms. That doesn't make sense. They just trying to distract from what they need to do.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

I agree. I don't think USCIS would give a hoot!

NVC just need to figure it out. Quickly. Or they're gonna get a serious back up problem.

Let us know what they say! Hope I'm wrong.

IR1/CR1

-- USCIS --

--NVC--

--LONDON--

JUL/31/2013 - Medical

AUG/28/2013 - POE (BOS)

Filed: Country: Syria
Timeline

Why would USCIS care NVC is slow at reviewing the new forms. That doesn't make sense. They just trying to distract from what they need to do.

That's want she just told me to call and ask about it she said that they haven't told them how to review it maybe the lady just wanted me to stop calling lol but I'm not going to stop

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yea Im calling them I need to give it a try maybe it's a good thing I can't wait it's painful

I think you are getting things confused. What will calling another body of government do for you. It's like calling your local Sheriff to tell this that the FBI isn't doing things right.

USCIS adjudicates the petition and sends off. NVC policy is NVC policy. calling USCIS to complain especially since you are done with them is a wasted call.

And does anybody really buy that they don't know how to review new forms? It's the same blasted info for crying out loud. I think they hired some new morons and they just making excuses. Good grief.

Just saying.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

I think they're too lazy to input by hand when the auto scan isn't working. It's not that hard with you use tab to move to the next box and shift tab to go back. But people get used to things being done for them. They either need new IT guys, or to stop being lazy fuggers. IMHO.

edit: I really have to proof read before hitting post... HAHA

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I think you are getting things confused. What will calling another body of government do for you. It's like calling your local Sheriff to tell this that the FBI isn't doing things right.

USCIS adjudicates the petition and sends off. NVC policy is NVC policy. calling USCIS to complain especially since you are done with them is a wasted call.

And does anybody really buy that they don't know how to review new forms? It's the same blasted info for crying out loud. I think they hired some new morons and they just making excuses. Good grief.

Just saying.

I totally agree with u

I just don't get it why say told me to call them and she even give me the 1800 number

It's not our fault that thy cant do there job right

I totally agree with u

I just don't get it why say told me to call them and she even give me the 1800 number

It's not our fault that thy cant do there job right

Because she wants you to stop calling her. The USCIS makes this form. Undoubtedly they can process the form when someone is adjusting status. So maybe this particular NVC operator thinks that if enough people bug the USCIS that the NVC can't process this new form they released too soon for the NVC to do anything with, that they'll fix something. She has a point. Generally when enough people complain about something, the squeaky wheel gets the grease (aka it gets fixed.) But likely the USCIS already knows there is a problem and probably won't do anything to fix it.

Just to note, the NVC knows how often and when you call. They log it. So if you called yesterday 3 times about this, each operator can see that. If you call today, tomorrow, the next day etc etc etc, you might find they're less pleasant with you as time goes on. It's not your fault, and it's not their fault (they're not the ones actually doing the work after all, they're just the person answering the phones. Take that information with a grain of salt and do what you want. Best of luck to everyone having trouble with the old form.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Because she wants you to stop calling her. The USCIS makes this form. Undoubtedly they can process the form when someone is adjusting status. So maybe this particular NVC operator thinks that if enough people bug the USCIS that the NVC can't process this new form they released too soon for the NVC to do anything with, that they'll fix something. She has a point. Generally when enough people complain about something, the squeaky wheel gets the grease (aka it gets fixed.) But likely the USCIS already knows there is a problem and probably won't do anything to fix it.

Just to note, the NVC knows how often and when you call. They log it. So if you called yesterday 3 times about this, each operator can see that. If you call today, tomorrow, the next day etc etc etc, you might find they're less pleasant with you as time goes on. It's not your fault, and it's not their fault (they're not the ones actually doing the work after all, they're just the person answering the phones. Take that information with a grain of salt and do what you want. Best of luck to everyone having trouble with the old form.

Yea ur right I do call alot because every time I call I get a different answer that's why I keep calling I heard that we need to wait till June 23 till they start reviewing the new forums that's what's driving me crazy

Which address do you send the AOS and IV package to ?

Hint: It's on your bar coded cover sheets!

:)

zomg..

Btw - Best of luck to everyone who's having trouble with the new form.

So sorry! blush.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

Not that most people on this thread care about this, as you are past this point, but did you know there is a "benefits center" section within each local office of USCIS? Yeah, there is. Not to be confused with the National Benefits Center. No, the local office doesn't send approved petitions to NBC, but to the "benefits center" within their building. Yeah, and there is also a "records section" - again, has nothing to do with the dreaded National Records Center...

How sad that I needed to acquire this useless knowledge. Our file has seen some movement between those "revolving" doors of the "records section" at the San Antonio office. I just got off the phone with the same ISO I talked to in the last couple of days and he had some bit of positive info for me. He said that at 1.09PM today, the file has been "scanned out", "left the building", and is on its way to NVC! So, it's now on some truck heading to New Hampshire.

Finally! It's been exactly 8 weeks today since it was approved.

The ISO kept telling me to give them 3 weeks to enter everything in the system and contact me, to which I replied that I will for sure call them before they contact me. I tried to explain that I know they can tell me when the file is at the building even before they assign the case, but he didn't want to acknowledge it, and I didn't care to explain further.

So, what do you think, a week, maybe, till case file is at NVC? Those of you that have been tracking in depth your files and know exactly when the file left USCIS, how long did it take for it to get to NVC building?

And then another week or so for the case #?

This may be overly optimistic, but I am still hoping to be able to send the AOS packet by June 22nd to avoid the further delays with the new form.

USCIS (106 days) US Consulate/Medical

12/18/12- NOA1 08/22/13- Medical

04/03/13- NOA2 09/16/13- Interview (Approved!)

Transit (68 days) 09/19/13- Visa in hand

NVC (59 days) 09/19/13- USCIS Immigrant Fee paid, ELIS: Circle: Accepted, Status: Case Received

06/10/13- Case Received ELIS/GC Production (63 days)

06/19/13- Case # and IIN Received 12/14/13- POE Houston

06/19/13- DS-3032 emailed 12/23/13- SSN card arrived in the mail

06/21/13- AOS bill paid 02/06/14- ELIS: Circle: Optimized, Status: In Process

06/25/13- DS-3032 accepted 02/07/14- USCIS status: Initial Review

06/26/13- IV bill paid 02/10/14- USCIS status: Card Production

06/28/13- AOS and IV packages sent 02/13/14- ELIS Circle: Closed, Status: Card Produced

07/23/13- IV accepted 02/15/14- card arrived in the mail

07/26/13- AOS accepted

07/26/13- Case complete

07/30/13- Interview scheduled (for 09/16/13)

08/08/13- Case left NVC For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.