NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the ds-3032 email template in the wiki

is for ascii text,

ie

the body of the email.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No attachment. All the information is in the body of the email.

thanksgood.gif

the ds-3032 email template in the wiki

is for ascii text,

ie

the body of the email.

thanks for your reply Darnellgood.gif

Naturalization:

06/15/2016-- N-400 sent.

06/17/2016-- N-400 received.

06/23/2016-- NOA received in mail.

07/12/2016-- biometrics

07/11/2017-- Interview

Duh. I remember that phrase now. I got it from pulling teeth with my fav supervisor at NVC. Party On, Wayne !

Just using the terms "taught" to me in this thread...

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

Hi guys,

I tried to log in CEAC.state.gov to check my case status. I am logging in through DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application link. After entering my GZO# and IIN, I got a message like this:

The next step in the immigration process is for the principal applicant to register an agent using form DS-3032, Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa Applicants, which has been sent to the principal applicant. Registering an agent is necessary to establish the primary point of contact for applicant-related correspondence. The registered agent will receive all correspondence from the National Visa Center (NVC) related to immigrant visa application processing fees and applicant document requirements.

The principal applicant may act as their own agent or may register the petitioner, a family member, a friend, an attorney or other immigrant assistance professional, or anyone else that they trust to represent them. The NVC recommends choosing an agent with a postal mail address in the United States, because mail delivery can be unreliable in some parts of the world.

Register the agent for this case by completing and submitting to the NVC the form DS-3032 you received. Processing of the case cannot continue until an agent is registered. If the principal applicant is under the age of sixteen, it is acceptable to have the principal applicant's parent or legal guardian sign the form. Please mail the completed form to the following address:

National Visa Center

ATTN: ACL

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

What does it mean?

USCIS:1/11/2013 - Sent I-130
1/24/2013 - NOA1
4/01/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
4/29/2013 - Cases Received
5/10/2013 - GUZ# & IINs Assigned
5/10/2013 - Emailed OPT IN and DS-3032 to both NVCInquiry and NVCElectronic
5/15/2013 - GZO# Assigned
5/28/2013 - AOS Invoiced and Paid

5/28/2013 - Resent DS3032 with previously rejected email for SUPERVISOR REVIEW
5/29/2013 - DS3032 Accepted
5/30/2013 - AOS Fee appeared as "PAID"

5/31/2013 - IV Fee Invoiced and paid
6/03/2013 - IV Fee appeared as "PAID"

6/05/2013 - Emailed both AOS and IV packets

6/13/2013 - AOS and IV packets received

6/21/2013 - Received AOS checklist, Revised I-864EZ emailed

7/12/2013 - Case Complete

7/22/2013 - Case Complete Email

7/25/2013 - Got interview date by calling NVC

Embassy Process:

9/23/2013 - Interview Date!

Timeline

Hi guys,

What does it mean?

Do you remember, I was asking you, what were you studying for EP?

You should really focus on the study materials, for now.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Do you remember, I was asking you, what were you studying for EP?

You should really focus on the study materials, for now.

I haven't got the ds-3032 in my email yet. I got lost here because I didn't follow the correct procedure for Guangzhou EP. I read all thread that you recommand, but you guys all follow the correct procedure. I am the only one who did the wrong thing. I just would like to know if you guys got the same messages as I did since I was wrong at the beginning.

Really sorry for so many questions here. Please bear with me if I gave you "the girl is so stupid" feeling.

1/24/2013 - NOA1
4/01/2013 - NOA2

NVC:

Embassy Process:

Timeline

I haven't got the ds-3032 in my email yet.

You just mucked about with the DS-260.

DS-260s are not used at Guangzhou IV, at all.

How about this? Study all of my replies to you in this thread, I've left some gems for you.

Edited by Darnell

There is electronic processing and there are online forms. Some countries use one or the other, and some countries use both. China and Montreal are OPTIONAL electronic processing countries. Because you opted in for electronic processing (which is available for you) does not mean you use electronic forms. Do not use the DS-260. Do not click on the DS-260 portal. You only need the https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx'>PAYMENT PORTAL HERE

For optional Electronic Processing http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5163.html'>CLICK HERE This is the information directly from the NVC website. However, I suggest that since the beneficiary is from China read this: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

Remember you'll be delayed if you did it the wrong way. That's okay, stuff happens when we rush. It just means it will take longer to get things done for you. Which may mean calling the NVC more to make sure everything they have for you is correct so that the invoices can be paid and the information emailed. Read all of Darnell's advice.

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

They get 20 business days after they've received it.. You sent it back on the 7th... even counting from then, you're at 13 business days. Sucks to wait but you'll likely not hear anything until Tuesday. Was there a reason you had to use the I-864 instead of I-864ez? More people should use the EZ version if they are qualifying on income only, are petitioning only 1 person and don't have a joint sponsor!

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I haven't got the ds-3032 in my email yet. I got lost here because I didn't follow the correct procedure for Guangzhou EP.

This happened to foobaz123 as well, see his comments at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=95790 It delayed him 20 days and I've no idea what he did to fix it - there's a mention of his fix being located in his signature, but i have sigs turned off here.

In a pinch, you can send off the DS-3032 again to nvcinquiry@state.gov and that'll cause another read by a human

or

you can call into NVC, get a supervisor, and ask that the ds-3032 that you included with the opt in email be detached from the OPT IN Email and added to the casefile.

That's it, that's all the triage available, that I know of, for now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

They get 20 business days after they've received it.. You sent it back on the 7th... even counting from then, you're at 13 business days. Sucks to wait but you'll likely not hear anything until Tuesday. Was there a reason you had to use the I-864 instead of I-864ez? More people should use the EZ version if they are qualifying on income only, are petitioning only 1 person and don't have a joint sponsor!

No no reason. I guess i was in a rush to finish and send everything asap,that's all

Timeline

This happened to foobaz123 as well, see his comments at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=95790 It delayed him 20 days and I've no idea what he did to fix it - there's a mention of his fix being located in his signature, but i have sigs turned off here.

In a pinch, you can send off the DS-3032 again to nvcinquiry@state.gov and that'll cause another read by a human

or

you can call into NVC, get a supervisor, and ask that the ds-3032 that you included with the opt in email be detached from the OPT IN Email and added to the casefile.

That's it, that's all the triage available, that I know of, for now.

Thank you so much Darnell for all your patience and help!

I did resend a seperate DS-3032 on Friday, but to NVCEletronic instead of NVCInquiry. Do you think I should send another one to NVCInquiry as well? I will call NVC next Tue to do what you suggest.

1/24/2013 - NOA1
4/01/2013 - NOA2

NVC:

Embassy Process:

After much hardship dealing with the NVC, I finally got my case completed dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifidea9dv.gifidea9dv.gif

Thank you for all of your helps. Without you guys, I wouldn't have made it this far cray5ol.gifgood.gif (thumb up for Darnell, Saylin and arriyan)

After much hardship dealing with the NVC, I finally got my case completed dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifidea9dv.gifidea9dv.gif

Thank you for all of your helps. Without you guys, I wouldn't have made it this far cray5ol.gifgood.gif (thumb up for Darnell, Saylin and arriyan)

Congrats! kicking.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.