Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Saylin, After being put into AP because the Consular Officer requested all criminal proceedings against my wife, somebody from the US Embassy in Paris called my wife on the phone and told her they needed one more document to show the solution (we thought we had sent in the all the additional documents the US embassy requested, but there was one complaint that was never solved).

Should I keep waiting? or send this email on Monday?

side note: All the complaints against my wife never made it to court. They all ended with the NON-commencement of criminal prosecution. It's too bad that they did not trust the police certificate that says: NO criminal record, because it cost us an additional 2 thousand dollars for the English translation and lawyer fees.

Dear Consular Officer,

I received a telephone call from the US Embassy in Paris and was told you needed some more additional documents. And I was also told to send a digital copy of the new documents and official English translation to this email address: ABCparis@state.gov
I sent the attached documents one week ago and have not heard back to confirm the email was received.
Can you please confirm you received the new additional documents?
Sincerely,
ABC

Timeline

Saylin, my wife is the one who got the phone call and did not get the name of the man calling, but she did get his email address.

So she would also be the person sending this email to the embassy.

Saylin, After being put into AP because the Consular Officer requested all criminal proceedings against my wife, somebody from the US Embassy in Paris called my wife on the phone and told her they needed one more document to show the solution (we thought we had sent in the all the additional documents the US embassy requested, but there was one complaint that was never solved).

Should I keep waiting? or send this email on Monday?

side note: All the complaints against my wife never made it to court. They all ended with the NON-commencement of criminal prosecution. It's too bad that they did not trust the police certificate that says: NO criminal record, because it cost us an additional 2 thousand dollars for the English translation and lawyer fees.

Dear Consular Officer,

I received a telephone call from the US Embassy in Paris and was told you needed some more additional documents. And I was also told to send a digital copy of the new documents and official English translation to this email address: ABCparis@state.gov
I sent the attached documents one week ago and have not heard back to confirm the email was received.
Can you please confirm you received the new additional documents?
Sincerely,
ABC

I'd suggest sending that email asap, don't wait until Monday to send it. No one will probably respond till the new week starts, but at least send the email now to keep your place in line, as I'm assuming people are sending emails over the weekend.

By the way, I'm shocked your wife still hasn't gotten the visa :( Your interview was awhile ago... *hugs*

Timeline

I'd suggest sending that email asap, don't wait until Monday to send it. No one will probably respond till the new week starts, but at least send the email now to keep your place in line, as I'm assuming people are sending emails over the weekend.

By the way, I'm shocked your wife still hasn't gotten the visa :( Your interview was awhile ago... *hugs*

Hi,

Sorry to barge in, can I just suggest to send the email in French?

Im also dealing with the Paris Embassy and ech time I send an email in French I get an answer within 2 hours. However, if my husband sends an email in English, it takes him days to get an answer.

I'm the beneficiary
Married June 2010

USCIS (49 days) NVC (42 days)

02/06/13 I130 sent 04/12/2013 NVC received file

02/08/13 I130 delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 04/23/2013 Case numbers assigned and DS3032 emailed

02/13/13 NOA1 04/29/2013 Cases finally linked for AOS payment - paid straightaway

02/13/13 Fees cashed on 05/02/2013 DS3032 accepted
02/16/13 I797 received (pd 02/08/2013) 05/03/2013 AOS packages sent
04/02/2013 Available on USCIS website 05/03/2013 IV fee paid
04/03/2013 NOA2 05/04/2013 AOS status 'PAID'

04/08/2013 Paper NOA2 received 05/06/2013 IV package sent
05/08/2013 AOS and IV delivered to NVC
05/17/2013 Expedite request filed

05/21/2013 IV Package approved (9 bus. days)

05/22/2013 AOS on hold (new version used)
05/24/2013 Expedite approved by Paris Embassy (docs shipped on same day)

EMBASSY (Paris) POE 08/15/2013 PHI

05/24/2013 applications received by email

05/2/2013 paper applications received

05/30/2013 moved from 'in transit' to 'ready' on DOS

06/03/2013 email received for medical and interview

06/21/2013 medical

06/26/2013 interview - APPROVED!!!!

Hi,

Sorry to barge in, can I just suggest to send the email in French?

Im also dealing with the Paris Embassy and ech time I send an email in French I get an answer within 2 hours. However, if my husband sends an email in English, it takes him days to get an answer.

Hmm, interesting. They probably have more French officers than English ones then (being in France and all, this would make sense). Good tip! good.gif

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone,quick question about the Ds3032 email template.in the beneficiary's and Petitioner's full name I see that they start with Last and First then Mi names,my question is should we put them as they figure in our passports (First name Last name ) or just follow the Template.

Nice weekend to everyone.

Thanks.

Naturalization:

06/15/2016-- N-400 sent.

06/17/2016-- N-400 received.

06/23/2016-- NOA received in mail.

07/12/2016-- biometrics

07/11/2017-- Interview

Timeline

Hmm, interesting. They probably have more French officers than English ones then (being in France and all, this would make sense). Good tip! good.gif

Well the man who called her on the phone from the US Embassy in Paris spoke a hybrid of French and English that was hard for my wife to understand. She asked him to speak in English.

My Wife Speaks English a little better than French... but speaks Romanian the best.

so maybe we should send it in French?

Hi everyone,quick question about the Ds3032 email template.in the beneficiary's and Petitioner's full name I see that they start with Last and First then Mi names,my question is should we put them as they figure in our passports (First name Last name ) or just follow the Template.

Thanks.

Looking at the emails I sent to NVC, I always did: first name, middle name, last name.

Well the man who called her on the phone from the US Embassy in Paris spoke a hybrid of French and English that was hard for my wife to understand. She asked him to speak in English.

My Wife Speaks English a little better than French... but speaks Romanian the best.

so maybe we should send it in French?

Considering what Clemjam said, I'd suggest sending it in French.

Edit: You may want to put the first paragraph in French, then include the English version below that. That way, it's in both languages.

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

Looking at the emails I sent to NVC, I always did: first name, middle name, last name.

Thanks for your reply Saylin.

Naturalization:

06/15/2016-- N-400 sent.

07/12/2016-- biometrics

07/11/2017-- Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

is 'french staff', not 'french officers'. no Consul Officer is native to that country, all are USCitizens.

the front line staff that review emails are never USCitizens...

Just saying.

Thanks.

I say follow the template, using

LASTNAME, Firstname, M

on both folksen.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

No, no. Just waiting for the nvc to upload our initial 1-130 application so we can get a case number and shiz.

Duh. I remember that phrase now. I got it from pulling teeth with my fav supervisor at NVC. Party On, Wayne !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

is 'french staff', not 'french officers'. no Consul Officer is native to that country, all are USCitizens.

the front line staff that review emails are never USCitizens...

Just saying.

[...]

Ah, that's true. I forgot it wasn't officers, but rather staff. Thanks for the correction ;)

Timeline

Hi Moudyan,

I have the same problem as you do. Early tonight, I was able to log in the payment portal which only showing the AOS fee NOT INVOICED with a $0 balance. Now, I cannot log into the payment portal either, and I got the same message saying that I cannot make online payment for my case at this time. I guess the AOS bill/IV bill is generating. Just keep checking during the long weekend.

AOS and IV are not generated together, as it's seperate billing processes to generate each fee bill.

For now, when you call in on Tuesday, ask for a supervisor,

then ask the supervisor to detach the DS-3032 from your OPT IN email and add it to the casefile.

re: NO AOS FEE BILL - I think the timing is weird, in general for last week at NVC - something wonky occurred that slowed down the generation of the AOS FEE BILL for many folks.

You can track what I've done so far, for EP to Guangzhou, over at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/429728-my-nvc-electronic-processing-road/

You can read Ryan H's journey over at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/327561-my-ep-experience/

You can read a longish dialogue between me and DJ Walker over at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251451-uscis-nvc/ and note I covered every possible permutation for EP to Guangzhou, there, with him. It's a long weekend, you might benefit from reading stuff from those who have gone before you.

Timeline

I say follow the template, using

LASTNAME, Firstname, M

on both folksen.

thanks,i have another question do we have to use a word document as attached documents when sending the ds3032 or just copy paste to the email then send it.

Naturalization:

06/15/2016-- N-400 sent.

07/12/2016-- biometrics

07/11/2017-- Interview

thanks,i have another question do we have to use a word document as attached documents when sending the ds3032 or just copy paste to the email then send it.

No attachment. All the information is in the body of the email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.