Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

offtopic45vn.gif You are completely right! I was just thinking about this this morning. In AKSingh's post she mentions that in India, it can take several years to get a document. Our immigration system needs a total overhaul. I did talk about it in my letters to FLOTUS, POTUS and Head of State. Like I said, I don't expect much of a response.

I feel as though NVC can't be forced to do anything... even by the senators. All they can do is suggest. I think that's what my senators did and I got the answer I expected, which is that they're not budging on the PCC issue.

Our issue was somewhat similar... a bit. The officials have told us that the PCC was "lost." When he went to the like state police, suddenly, it's on the way. Ugh. Since I know that they'll act corrupt if I'm around, when we had official business, I wait down the street or go get lunch. If I have to accompany, I pass myself off as Indian (except in legally binding matters); it's the only way to get a fair deal.

I didn't know that about Hindu marriages being considered legal without papers. Interesting. Well, at least that part of your problem is solved. Hopefully we can get past the red tape soon! Off-Topic2.gif

Have you tried requesting a case complete from NVC? If you are only missing the PCC they may allow a case complete and have you bring the PCC to the interview. If you have already tried this, I apologize. I may be trying this as well, except we are missing 3 documents instead of one.

Everything is assuming we are even granted the PCC.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Have you tried requesting a case complete from NVC? If you are only missing the PCC they may allow a case complete and have you bring the PCC to the interview. If you have already tried this, I apologize. I may be trying this as well, except we are missing 3 documents instead of one.

Everything is assuming we are even granted the PCC.

Oh yes, we tried twice before we even got the senators involved. I hope you get better luck than me!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

thanks for the reply smile.png i looked up mr. borkstrom and he did apply during vacation time, im wondering if that makes them slower. 2 months would be fine to wait for an interview but not 4, and I can't think clearly cause its really stressing me out. Im gonna call the NVC on friday again and ask them how its going, wondering if it would help to email the american embassy in stockholm?

Most of us following that thread, had a warped opinion (myself included) that the local workers were off on vacation. Not the USCitizens working there, but the Swedish workers... Keep us informed on yer timeticks, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

hello everyone ,I have being reading everyone post everyday to solve my grieving. today I got some question NVC receive my case on 04/29/13 receive case # on 05/13/13 still no invc yet I called everyday,I send my ds3032 the day after I got my case # still noting yet hopefully is a good thing.my next question in form I 864 can I report my Daughter Disability income. getting ready.thanks

It's possible nothing got started yet, because you not give over the email addresses on the petitioner and the beneficiary. Also, have you asked for 'invoice identification number' by that exact label?

Use a telephone, call back, ask for 'invoice identification number' and give over email addresses.

When you call, and they won't take the email addresses, don't fret - it's just an indication that NVC isn't ready to start processing yet.

It may be you'll ave to send in another DS-3032 if you sent it in via email, so bear that in mind.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hey not sure if I fall under bullet 2 or 4. I am an Indian and not a Foreign (Non-Indian). I do have an indian passport. Does that mean I need Police Clearance from Indian embassy from Canada

Yup. You should chase after that, soonish, nowish.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Most of us following that thread, had a warped opinion (myself included) that the local workers were off on vacation. Not the USCitizens working there, but the Swedish workers... Keep us informed on yer timeticks, aye?

yes most swedes have vacation during end of june til beginning of august. The embassy will be open except for american and swedish holidays so hopefully it will be ok. I was looking through interview dates for nonimmigrant visas and they had around 50 interviews in june and in july they have around 200 but that is for nonimmigrant visas so hopefully there is more priority to IR-1 visas :D I also emailed the embassy and asked how long it will take to get an interview and we'll see what the answer will be.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

It's possible nothing got started yet, because you not give over the email addresses on the petitioner and the beneficiary. Also, have you asked for 'invoice identification number' by that exact label?

Use a telephone, call back, ask for 'invoice identification number' and give over email addresses.

When you call, and they won't take the email addresses, don't fret - it's just an indication that NVC isn't ready to start processing yet.

It may be you'll ave to send in another DS-3032 if you sent it in via email, so bear that in mind.

no they have my email .later tonight I will call and ask IIn Edited by micky2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Well it's not a "real" case complete. That's the day my expedite was approved so I decided to mark it as my case complete day, since from that point on NVC won't be doing anything to my case other than sending it to the embassy. I was told by a rep today that the AOS would be reviewed by the embassy.

Any updates on your case?

Yes! We ve got some news!!

DS230s have been accepted, and AOS currently under review.

We ve filed in for an expedite, something happened on Thursday which can make us elligible for one. Paris is reviewing our request right now and we should hear within the next couple of days.

My next call shall be on Thursday to hpefully have some good news :)

I'm the beneficiary
Married June 2010

USCIS (49 days) NVC (42 days)

02/06/13 I130 sent 04/12/2013 NVC received file

02/08/13 I130 delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 04/23/2013 Case numbers assigned and DS3032 emailed

02/13/13 NOA1 04/29/2013 Cases finally linked for AOS payment - paid straightaway

02/13/13 Fees cashed on 05/02/2013 DS3032 accepted
02/16/13 I797 received (pd 02/08/2013) 05/03/2013 AOS packages sent
04/02/2013 Available on USCIS website 05/03/2013 IV fee paid
04/03/2013 NOA2 05/04/2013 AOS status 'PAID'

04/08/2013 Paper NOA2 received 05/06/2013 IV package sent
05/08/2013 AOS and IV delivered to NVC
05/17/2013 Expedite request filed

05/21/2013 IV Package approved (9 bus. days)

05/22/2013 AOS on hold (new version used)
05/24/2013 Expedite approved by Paris Embassy (docs shipped on same day)

EMBASSY (Paris) POE 08/15/2013 PHI

05/24/2013 applications received by email

05/2/2013 paper applications received

05/30/2013 moved from 'in transit' to 'ready' on DOS

06/03/2013 email received for medical and interview

06/21/2013 medical

06/26/2013 interview - APPROVED!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Yes! We ve got some news!!

DS230s have been accepted, and AOS currently under review.

We ve filed in for an expedite, something happened on Thursday which can make us elligible for one. Paris is reviewing our request right now and we should hear within the next couple of days.

My next call shall be on Thursday to hpefully have some good news smile.png

oh that's great! hope your AOS has been reviewed by thursday :) keep me updated!

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

no they have my email .later tonight I will call and ask IIn

You need the case number and invoice id number to log into the payment portal so you can check to see if you've invoiced.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Anybody else willing to respond to our post? Going crazy out of my mind, I would call NVC again, but its only been a couple of days and I don't want to upset them hehe :) I've read a lot of people get a supervisor review AFTER case complete, they didn't tell me, but could this be a possibility? Thanks in advance again :)

Started Dating: April 1st, 2003 (Met in Boca Raton, Florida)

Married January 30th, 2006 in St Martin F.W.I.

11/17/2012 - I130 Sent

01/10/2013 - NOA2 I130 approved!

03/04/2013 - Received and paid AOS fee

03/06/2013 - Received I-864 package

03/29/2013 - Received and paid IV bill

05/03/2013 - AOS and IV Packets sent (Had to wait for mom to come visit to sign I-864 co-sponser papers >.<)

05/05/2013 - AOS and IV delivered to NVC

05/17/2013 - Called NVC to find out about case

05/17/2013 - Received checklist missing documents I-864

05/20/2013 - Case under Supervisor review, spoke with tier 2 sup. told to hold off on sending checklist!

WAITING! content.gif

Going home on August 31st 2013!!!! They better be ready for us! Whoo hooo! We've been living on this rock for TOO LONGmellow.png

Hey not sure if I fall under bullet 2 or 4. I am an Indian and not a Foreign (Non-Indian). I do have an indian passport. Does that mean I need Police Clearance from Indian embassy from Canada

Hmm, you may want to call up NVC and request to speak with a supervisor. Explain your situation and ask if you need a PCC. You may want to call up NVC throughout this week at a variety of different times (to get different supervisors) and ask them as well to see if you're getting the same answer each time.

Saylin, you were right about the AOS being reviewed by the embassy. I called NVC again today and they said that my case would be sent to the embassy probably this week and the AOS would be reviewed there.

Question I probably should have asked the rep but forgot to: Will my expedite be carried over to the embassy? Would it have been faster if I would have waited for a case complete at NVC and an interview date before requesting the expedite? I feel like this expedite may actually delay my process since now I have to wait for my case to reach the embassy and be reviewed by them BEFORE I get an interview scheduled. Am I right?

When you request an expedite at NVC, it means for them to close your case and immediately send the case to the embassy/consulate, where they'll then issue you an interview. I'm not entirely sure at what point they review the paperwork that hasn't been reviewed by NVC.

hello everyone ,I have being reading everyone post everyday to solve my grieving. today I got some question NVC receive my case on 04/29/13 receive case # on 05/13/13 still no invc yet I called everyday,I send my ds3032 the day after I got my case # still noting yet hopefully is a good thing.my next question in form I 864 can I report my Daughter Disability income. getting ready.thanks

I'm surprised you haven't gotten the IIN yet. How often are you calling? And you're asking for the 'Invoice Identification Number', right? You're not saying 'IIN'? Cause they won't know what you're talking about. What are the operators responses when you ask them for it?

And I'm not entirely sure, but if it's considered income, I don't see why not.

Hey all! Thought it'd be a good idea to jump in here!! My name is Danielle(USC) and my husband is a French Citizen. We have lived in St Martin (FWI) for the past 8 years and brought our Kaylie (4 yrs old) into the world here as well. She's a U.S./French dual citizen(lucky ducky!). And we are ready to go HOME! smile.png

So called about 5 times last Wednesday to find out about our file. Asked for a supervisor every time, none available) They said we were missing papers for my I-864 (I sent TONS of emails, letters, quotes for shipping a container and such to prove our intent to reestablish domicile since I have nothing over there) and that it was being sent for a supervisors review.

So we scrambled all weekend to compiles to prove our intent to reestablish domicile in the U.S. (I haven't lived in the U.S. for almost 8 years, the only thing I've done is filed tax returns, I know - should have kept more)

Called this morning and FINALLY got through to a supervisor who told us to hold off on sending, they are reviewing the case. If we send more papers and it gets approved in the mean time it could re-open our case >.<

So has anyone else gotten a checklist/supervisor review for missing documents for the 864 (W2s, proof of domicile, etc) when you sent as much evidence as possible when filing abroad?? Hoping for a case approved in the next couple of days.... when should I start calling? Because I'll start tomorrow if that's appropriate rolleyes.gif

Also, does anyone know about appointments in Barbados?? I don't see anyone going through there...... I am REALLY REALLY hoping for one in July, otherwise we are cutting it SUPER close wacko.png

We're planning on moving back August 31st 2013, we have to get back to put our daughter in school and start living!!!! It's really hard to live on a tiny island....

Thanks for any input anyone has..... I feel like I have ants in my pants! Haha

Dwheels already answered you about time frames. You can also search up here for Barbados: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=Barbados&dfile=No&adv= Not much data though :/

And checklists are always possible. It's dependent upon the reviewing officer. Hopefully the supervisor review will help and they'll complete the case. Call every single day for an update on the case. Good luck.

Timeline

Dwheels already answered you about time frames. You can also search up here for Barbados: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=Barbados&dfile=No&adv= Not much data though :/

And checklists are always possible. It's dependent upon the reviewing officer. Hopefully the supervisor review will help and they'll complete the case. Call every single day for an update on the case. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, hearing the review can actually help our case lowers my stress level about 0.5pts!! I saw the timelines, but its hard to base it on two people :/ The amount of people going through there seems to be so small. I guess this embassy caters to more student and investors visa possibly, A LOT of locals go to the states for school and often have other family members there.

Started Dating: April 1st, 2003 (Met in Boca Raton, Florida)

Married January 30th, 2006 in St Martin F.W.I.

11/17/2012 - I130 Sent

01/10/2013 - NOA2 I130 approved!

03/04/2013 - Received and paid AOS fee

03/06/2013 - Received I-864 package

03/29/2013 - Received and paid IV bill

05/03/2013 - AOS and IV Packets sent (Had to wait for mom to come visit to sign I-864 co-sponser papers >.<)

05/05/2013 - AOS and IV delivered to NVC

05/17/2013 - Called NVC to find out about case

05/17/2013 - Received checklist missing documents I-864

05/20/2013 - Case under Supervisor review, spoke with tier 2 sup. told to hold off on sending checklist!

WAITING! content.gif

Going home on August 31st 2013!!!! They better be ready for us! Whoo hooo! We've been living on this rock for TOO LONGmellow.png

Thanks for the reply, hearing the review can actually help our case lowers my stress level about 0.5pts!! I saw the timelines, but its hard to base it on two people :/ The amount of people going through there seems to be so small. I guess this embassy caters to more student and investors visa possibly, A LOT of locals go to the states for school and often have other family members there.

There's obviously more people immigrating to the US from Barbados, but not everyone's on VJ, and those that are, don't always update their timelines (if they even have one in the first place) as diligently as other folks. Hopefully the fact that there's not that many people immigrating will mean there's a very low backlog, so you'll get an interview quickly after case complete.

And yes, a supervisor review helps most times. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.