Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Another one waiting for NVC to complete so I can get an interview. Everything was received by them last week and im hoping that it will be quick now, I just got accepted to university in the fall as well so I really have a deadline. What are my chances to get a july interview? Does it really go that fast as it does for some in the NVC process? I called NVC today and they still couldnt see my papers in there and Im praying and hoping that I can leave before/in august.

Don't want to be bad news person but Sweden for some reason is excessively slow. From what I have seen a 2 to 4 month wait just to get an interview. Hopefully they are getting better. First lets get that case complete for you. Tell NVC to hurry.

We had Mr. Borkstrom: Case Complete 7/2 got interview date in September for October and they moved him to 9/28.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Hoping someone in this thread can help out with new problems in our case file. My husband has been unable to obtain his Indian passport clearance certificate (pcc). The officials won't give it to him because he doesn't have my name in his passport. He can't put his name in my passport without our marriage being registered. We have been unable to register our marriage from day one and have had no trouble thus far since we attached substantial evidence to show proof that we have tried everything to register our marriage but have been unsuccessful due to no fault of our own.

What do I do now since this PCC is directly linked with our first unobtainable document, the marriage registration? If we allow things to run their course in India, they could drag this on for years. I do not want to be separated from my husband due to some corrupt official in India. What can we do? My husband has showed all proof to the officials in the passport office in regards to our marriage but they have brushed him off.

Is it possible to get a case complete from the NVC with not only one but two missing required documents? Then what happens at the consular level if they say they cannot issue us a visa until we get these documents? My head is spinning from all this ridiculous nonsense.

I remember I had (and am still am having) this problem a few weeks ago with the PCC and you suggested that I should just line the official's pockets. It's stupid that we have to go through months of waiting just because we're wanting to do this the honest way. I know for a fact that if you are going through Delhi, embassy they will not let you pass without a PCC.

I wrote to both of my senators. After that, I wrote to POTUS, FLOTUS, the Director of NVC and the the head of the State Department. Those were only a few weeks ago, I don't expect a response, but I want them to know that this is ridiculous.

Not sure about the marriage registration. It seems like a pretty substantial piece of evidence, it's the basis of your visa.

Doesn't hurt to try though! Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

wow, yeah that is ridiculous. Good thing it's easy to fix though.

Hey Lucid,

I've just seen you got a CC last week! Congrats!

Question is, if you were approved on the 16th, why didn't they tell you that when you called on Friday??

I'm the beneficiary
Married June 2010

USCIS (49 days) NVC (42 days)

02/06/13 I130 sent 04/12/2013 NVC received file

02/08/13 I130 delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 04/23/2013 Case numbers assigned and DS3032 emailed

02/13/13 NOA1 04/29/2013 Cases finally linked for AOS payment - paid straightaway

02/13/13 Fees cashed on 05/02/2013 DS3032 accepted
02/16/13 I797 received (pd 02/08/2013) 05/03/2013 AOS packages sent
04/02/2013 Available on USCIS website 05/03/2013 IV fee paid
04/03/2013 NOA2 05/04/2013 AOS status 'PAID'

04/08/2013 Paper NOA2 received 05/06/2013 IV package sent
05/08/2013 AOS and IV delivered to NVC
05/17/2013 Expedite request filed

05/21/2013 IV Package approved (9 bus. days)

05/22/2013 AOS on hold (new version used)
05/24/2013 Expedite approved by Paris Embassy (docs shipped on same day)

EMBASSY (Paris) POE 08/15/2013 PHI

05/24/2013 applications received by email

05/2/2013 paper applications received

05/30/2013 moved from 'in transit' to 'ready' on DOS

06/03/2013 email received for medical and interview

06/21/2013 medical

06/26/2013 interview - APPROVED!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Don't want to be bad news person but Sweden for some reason is excessively slow. From what I have seen a 2 to 4 month wait just to get an interview. Hopefully they are getting better. First lets get that case complete for you. Tell NVC to hurry.

We had Mr. Borkstrom: Case Complete 7/2 got interview date in September for October and they moved him to 9/28.

thanks for the reply :) i looked up mr. borkstrom and he did apply during vacation time, im wondering if that makes them slower. 2 months would be fine to wait for an interview but not 4, and I can't think clearly cause its really stressing me out. Im gonna call the NVC on friday again and ask them how its going, wondering if it would help to email the american embassy in stockholm?

Timeline

Wait until the review is done. If you sent a certified copy, they technically should accept it as for certificates, it can either be the original or a certified copy. I sent my certified copy of marriage and birth and had no issues. But, sometimes those officers have problems with certified copies. Heck, sometimes they even have problems with the original!

Keep in contact with NVC every single day to find out the status on the supervisor review. Good luck. Hopefully the supervisor accepts it through their review...

It is possible to get a case complete with missing documents. I've seen it happen before. You need to request that the case be closed and explain how the two documents are taking a little time and will be presented at the interview. It's not guaranteed, but worth a shot.

As for getting the PCC though, I suggest you post this in the regional forums as I have no idea how to help you. You'll need the expertise of other Indian members. Here's a handy link for the Indian forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/149-india/ Good luck. Hopefully someone can come by and help you out.

According to this page: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9215#docs (jump down to police records), police certificates aren't available to those not applying in India and those not residing in India (which is your case). So, you should be in the clear. Despite this, you may get an officer who assumes you need a police certificate from India. My suggestion: print out the page I just linked, and highlight that last bullet point that relates to your case. Include a sticky note or something saying you do NOT reside in India, nor are applying through any of the Indian embassies/consulates, so you're not able to get a PCC from there. That should satisfy those dang officers!

Hey saylin! Can you take a look at my post? You give great advice and I need some more of that!!! :D thanks in advance!

Started Dating: April 1st, 2003 (Met in Boca Raton, Florida)

Married January 30th, 2006 in St Martin F.W.I.

11/17/2012 - I130 Sent

01/10/2013 - NOA2 I130 approved!

03/04/2013 - Received and paid AOS fee

03/06/2013 - Received I-864 package

03/29/2013 - Received and paid IV bill

05/03/2013 - AOS and IV Packets sent (Had to wait for mom to come visit to sign I-864 co-sponser papers >.<)

05/05/2013 - AOS and IV delivered to NVC

05/17/2013 - Called NVC to find out about case

05/17/2013 - Received checklist missing documents I-864

05/20/2013 - Case under Supervisor review, spoke with tier 2 sup. told to hold off on sending checklist!

WAITING! content.gif

Going home on August 31st 2013!!!! They better be ready for us! Whoo hooo! We've been living on this rock for TOO LONGmellow.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Saylin, you were right about the AOS being reviewed by the embassy. I called NVC again today and they said that my case would be sent to the embassy probably this week and the AOS would be reviewed there.

Question I probably should have asked the rep but forgot to: Will my expedite be carried over to the embassy? Would it have been faster if I would have waited for a case complete at NVC and an interview date before requesting the expedite? I feel like this expedite may actually delay my process since now I have to wait for my case to reach the embassy and be reviewed by them BEFORE I get an interview scheduled. Am I right?

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey Lucid,

I've just seen you got a CC last week! Congrats!

Question is, if you were approved on the 16th, why didn't they tell you that when you called on Friday??

Well it's not a "real" case complete. That's the day my expedite was approved so I decided to mark it as my case complete day, since from that point on NVC won't be doing anything to my case other than sending it to the embassy. I was told by a rep today that the AOS would be reviewed by the embassy.

Any updates on your case?

Edited by LucidSofia

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Hey all! Thought it'd be a good idea to jump in here!! My name is Danielle(USC) and my husband is a French Citizen. We have lived in St Martin (FWI) for the past 8 years and brought our Kaylie (4 yrs old) into the world here as well. She's a U.S./French dual citizen(lucky ducky!). And we are ready to go HOME! smile.png

So called about 5 times last Wednesday to find out about our file. Asked for a supervisor every time, none available) They said we were missing papers for my I-864 (I sent TONS of emails, letters, quotes for shipping a container and such to prove our intent to reestablish domicile since I have nothing over there) and that it was being sent for a supervisors review.

So we scrambled all weekend to compiles to prove our intent to reestablish domicile in the U.S. (I haven't lived in the U.S. for almost 8 years, the only thing I've done is filed tax returns, I know - should have kept more)

Called this morning and FINALLY got through to a supervisor who told us to hold off on sending, they are reviewing the case. If we send more papers and it gets approved in the mean time it could re-open our case >.<

So has anyone else gotten a checklist/supervisor review for missing documents for the 864 (W2s, proof of domicile, etc) when you sent as much evidence as possible when filing abroad?? Hoping for a case approved in the next couple of days.... when should I start calling? Because I'll start tomorrow if that's appropriate rolleyes.gif

Also, does anyone know about appointments in Barbados?? I don't see anyone going through there...... I am REALLY REALLY hoping for one in July, otherwise we are cutting it SUPER close wacko.png

We're planning on moving back August 31st 2013, we have to get back to put our daughter in school and start living!!!! It's really hard to live on a tiny island....

Thanks for any input anyone has..... I feel like I have ants in my pants! Haha

Who on earth would you leave St. Maartan, which has the most beautiful airport in the whole world, for the US??

I'm an aviation nut, and if you want ill swap places tongue.png

Edited by civilservant

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

hello everyone ,I have being reading everyone post everyday to solve my grieving. today I got some question NVC receive my case on 04/29/13 receive case # on 05/13/13 still no invc yet I called everyday,I send my ds3032 the day after I got my case # still noting yet hopefully is a good thing.my next question in form I 864 can I report my Daughter Disability income. getting ready.thanks

Timeline

Who on earth would you leave St. Maartan, which has the most beautiful airport in the whole world, for the US??

I'm an aviation nut, and if you want ill swap places tongue.png

Haha I knew people were going to say that!!! Its great for vacation but WAY too small to live. Plus there is NOTHING for us to do with our daughter except for the beach and we want to go camping! LOL :) Plus its not like it was years ago, just last Thursday they threw something at my car for no reason as I was driving by (2nd time this has happened to me) And I watched a lady get her purse snatched by two guys on a scooter- happens every night. I'm tired of being scared whenever we go out at night :/ we know someone that was driving through marigot early at night and they broke her back window.

Edited by SXMFL

Started Dating: April 1st, 2003 (Met in Boca Raton, Florida)

Married January 30th, 2006 in St Martin F.W.I.

11/17/2012 - I130 Sent

01/10/2013 - NOA2 I130 approved!

03/04/2013 - Received and paid AOS fee

03/06/2013 - Received I-864 package

03/29/2013 - Received and paid IV bill

05/03/2013 - AOS and IV Packets sent (Had to wait for mom to come visit to sign I-864 co-sponser papers >.<)

05/05/2013 - AOS and IV delivered to NVC

05/17/2013 - Called NVC to find out about case

05/17/2013 - Received checklist missing documents I-864

05/20/2013 - Case under Supervisor review, spoke with tier 2 sup. told to hold off on sending checklist!

WAITING! content.gif

Going home on August 31st 2013!!!! They better be ready for us! Whoo hooo! We've been living on this rock for TOO LONGmellow.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

hello everyone ,I have being reading everyone post everyday to solve my grieving. today I got some question NVC receive my case on 04/29/13 receive case # on 05/13/13 still no invc yet I called everyday,I send my ds3032 the day after I got my case # still noting yet hopefully is a good thing.my next question in form I 864 can I report my Daughter Disability income. getting ready.thanks

There are some of us who got our case number and IIN on 05/10, still AOS has not been generated. So I would say you are not alone on getting invoiced. Looks like NVC received massive loads of approval files at the moment and are delaying the AOS invoice.

Edited by TopOfTheWorld
03/10/13: NoA2

04/29/13: NVC Received

05/10/13: Case No./IIN Generated/Received

06/26/13: Case complete

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

I remember I had (and am still am having) this problem a few weeks ago with the PCC and you suggested that I should just line the official's pockets. It's stupid that we have to go through months of waiting just because we're wanting to do this the honest way. I know for a fact that if you are going through Delhi, embassy they will not let you pass without a PCC.

I wrote to both of my senators. After that, I wrote to POTUS, FLOTUS, the Director of NVC and the the head of the State Department. Those were only a few weeks ago, I don't expect a response, but I want them to know that this is ridiculous.

Not sure about the marriage registration. It seems like a pretty substantial piece of evidence, it's the basis of your visa.

My understanding if you are immigrating from and to another country which their law is ridiculous? and they should changes the law or protocol accordingly and to adapt to a specific countries. Have you ever thoughts that it would make sense if you should write to the department or official of your country and have them changes their way of working?.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Our problem doesn't seem to be the same as yours. In our case, we have already waited months and were told that it was ready to be picked up. When my husband shows up to retrieve it, they refuse to issue it due to x, y, z reason (i.e. total BS). I honestly believe there is no honest way in India anymore. Especially if you are a foreigner. The minute they see your non-Indian name, they will see it as an opportunity to get something extra. It's a great business for these corrupt officials as they know intending immigrants need a PCC in order to be issued a visa.

The marriage registration issue is already behind us. We have been forthcoming about it and presented multiple pages of evidence showing that we are unable to register it through no fault of our own. We have a marriage certificate as well from the Aryasamaj in which we were married. We also have affidavits from our family members who attended the wedding as well as wedding photos. So I really don't think anyone can question the legality of our marriage. Hindu marriages are considered legal and binding without registration anyways.

Have you heard back from your senators at least?

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My understanding if you are immigrating from and to another country which their law is ridiculous? and they should changes the law or protocol accordingly and to adapt to a specific countries. Have you ever thoughts that it would make sense if you should write to the department or official of your country and have them changes their way of working?.

offtopic45vn.gif You are completely right! I was just thinking about this this morning. In AKSingh's post she mentions that in India, it can take several years to get a document. Our immigration system needs a total overhaul. I did talk about it in my letters to FLOTUS, POTUS and Head of State. Like I said, I don't expect much of a response.

Our problem doesn't seem to be the same as yours. In our case, we have already waited months and were told that it was ready to be picked up. When my husband shows up to retrieve it, they refuse to issue it due to x, y, z reason (i.e. total BS). I honestly believe there is no honest way in India anymore. Especially if you are a foreigner. The minute they see your non-Indian name, they will see it as an opportunity to get something extra. It's a great business for these corrupt officials as they know intending immigrants need a PCC in order to be issued a visa.

The marriage registration issue is already behind us. We have been forthcoming about it and presented multiple pages of evidence showing that we are unable to register it through no fault of our own. We have a marriage certificate as well from the Aryasamaj in which we were married. We also have affidavits from our family members who attended the wedding as well as wedding photos. So I really don't think anyone can question the legality of our marriage. Hindu marriages are considered legal and binding without registration anyways.

Have you heard back from your senators at least?

I feel as though NVC can't be forced to do anything... even by the senators. All they can do is suggest. I think that's what my senators did and I got the answer I expected, which is that they're not budging on the PCC issue.

Our issue was somewhat similar... a bit. The officials have told us that the PCC was "lost." When he went to the like state police, suddenly, it's on the way. Ugh. Since I know that they'll act corrupt if I'm around, when we had official business, I wait down the street or go get lunch. If I have to accompany, I pass myself off as Indian (except in legally binding matters); it's the only way to get a fair deal.

I didn't know that about Hindu marriages being considered legal without papers. Interesting. Well, at least that part of your problem is solved. Hopefully we can get past the red tape soon! Off-Topic2.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

There are some of us who got our case number and IIN on 05/10, still AOS has not been generated. So I would say you are not alone on getting invoiced. Looks like NVC received massive loads of approval files at the moment and are delaying the AOS invoice.

Yes, my case was received on 04/29 and I received the case # and the IIN on 05/13...still no AOS invoiced and no acceptance email for the choice of agent.. I will call tonight to see what is going on or I guess I just need to wait for an email. According to some cases in this forum, it takes at least a week for them to invoice the AOS, maybe it has to do with the new AOS document...hmmm!

02/15/13: Filed I-130 and got my NOA104/15/13: I-130 approved and got my NOA204/29/13: NVC received my file05/13/13: Case/IIN received05/13/13: DS-3032 sent05/24/13: DS-3032 1st email rejected, sent a second one and that one got rejected too on the same day.05/28/13: AOS bill invoiced and received email from NVC with all the info.05/28/13: Paid AOS bill right away.05/28/13: As soon as I received the official AOS email, I sent a 3rd DS-3032 email with "supervisor review" as the subject.05/29/13: NVC sent an email accepting the DS-3032 email smile.png (Alhamdulilah)O5/30/13: AOS bill shows PAID05/30/13: Received official DS-3032 Email and IV invoice info (waiting for the IV bill invoice to show up on payment portal)05/31/13: IV bill invoiced05/31/13: Pay IV Bill06/01/13: Sent out the AOS package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/03/13: IV bill shows PAID06/04/13: Sent out the IV package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/18/13: AOS package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: IV package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: Case complete at NVC dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifAlhamdulilah07/31/13: Medicaldancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifIn shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin.<p>08/14/13: Interview date at Nairobi Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif In shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin. (Interview date changed because they had a problem finding the medical)01/07/2015: visa approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.