Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Nothing over the weekend.

Still waiting on the AOS to be invoiced. Have you gotten yours yet?

It has been 11 days since getting the case number and still waiting.

No, I haven't got mine either.....

USCIS:1/11/2013 - Sent I-130
1/24/2013 - NOA1
4/01/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
4/29/2013 - Cases Received
5/10/2013 - GUZ# & IINs Assigned
5/10/2013 - Emailed OPT IN and DS-3032 to both NVCInquiry and NVCElectronic
5/15/2013 - GZO# Assigned
5/28/2013 - AOS Invoiced and Paid

5/28/2013 - Resent DS3032 with previously rejected email for SUPERVISOR REVIEW
5/29/2013 - DS3032 Accepted
5/30/2013 - AOS Fee appeared as "PAID"

5/31/2013 - IV Fee Invoiced and paid
6/03/2013 - IV Fee appeared as "PAID"

6/05/2013 - Emailed both AOS and IV packets

6/13/2013 - AOS and IV packets received

6/21/2013 - Received AOS checklist, Revised I-864EZ emailed

7/12/2013 - Case Complete

7/22/2013 - Case Complete Email

7/25/2013 - Got interview date by calling NVC

Embassy Process:

9/23/2013 - Interview Date!

I only submitted the front side of my pictures and not the back side with my case number and husband's name written on them.

Ridiculous.

no no no no!!!!

that's not a legit checklist

they're saying bring the pictures to the interview because they don't accept scanned pictures!!! rofl.gif

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I called and they told me case was completed 5/15 and awaiting to assign interview date. Can't wait for it so I can book a flight.

Hey pop on over to case complete interview thread I have added you. Congratulations. May UK is off the chain.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428289-june-2013-interviews/page-22#entry6240882

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Hey pop on over to case complete interview thread I have added you. Congratulations. May UK is off the chain.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428289-june-2013-interviews/page-22#entry6240882

Thanks for adding. Here hoping they can assign a June interview still but looks like july though.

Married on 3/17/12

USCIS
08/10/12 - Send i130
08/14/12 - NOA1
03/18/13 - NOA2

NVC
03/25/13 - Received Case
04/03/13 - Received Case and Invoice ID number
04/05/13 - DS-3032 Emailed
04/11/13 - AOS Invoice paid
04/16/13 - AOS shows paid
04/17/13 - DS-3032 Received
04/18/13 - DS-3032 Accepted
04/19/13 - IV Invoice paid

04/29/13 - NVC receives IV Package

05/06/13 - NVC recieves AOS Package

05/15/13 - Case Complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey all! Thought it'd be a good idea to jump in here!! My name is Danielle(USC) and my husband is a French Citizen. We have lived in St Martin (FWI) for the past 8 years and brought our Kaylie (4 yrs old) into the world here as well. She's a U.S./French dual citizen(lucky ducky!). And we are ready to go HOME! :)

So called about 5 times last Wednesday to find out about our file. Asked for a supervisor every time, none available) They said we were missing papers for my I-864 (I sent TONS of emails, letters, quotes for shipping a container and such to prove our intent to reestablish domicile since I have nothing over there) and that it was being sent for a supervisors review.

So we scrambled all weekend to compiles to prove our intent to reestablish domicile in the U.S. (I haven't lived in the U.S. for almost 8 years, the only thing I've done is filed tax returns, I know - should have kept more)

Called this morning and FINALLY got through to a supervisor who told us to hold off on sending, they are reviewing the case. If we send more papers and it gets approved in the mean time it could re-open our case >.<

So has anyone else gotten a checklist/supervisor review for missing documents for the 864 (W2s, proof of domicile, etc) when you sent as much evidence as possible when filing abroad?? Hoping for a case approved in the next couple of days.... when should I start calling? Because I'll start tomorrow if that's appropriate rolleyes.gif

Also, does anyone know about appointments in Barbados?? I don't see anyone going through there...... I am REALLY REALLY hoping for one in July, otherwise we are cutting it SUPER close wacko.png

We're planning on moving back August 31st 2013, we have to get back to put our daughter in school and start living!!!! It's really hard to live on a tiny island....

Thanks for any input anyone has..... I feel like I have ants in my pants! Haha

Started Dating: April 1st, 2003 (Met in Boca Raton, Florida)

Married January 30th, 2006 in St Martin F.W.I.

11/17/2012 - I130 Sent

01/10/2013 - NOA2 I130 approved!

03/04/2013 - Received and paid AOS fee

03/06/2013 - Received I-864 package

03/29/2013 - Received and paid IV bill

05/03/2013 - AOS and IV Packets sent (Had to wait for mom to come visit to sign I-864 co-sponser papers >.<)

05/05/2013 - AOS and IV delivered to NVC

05/17/2013 - Called NVC to find out about case

05/17/2013 - Received checklist missing documents I-864

05/20/2013 - Case under Supervisor review, spoke with tier 2 sup. told to hold off on sending checklist!

WAITING! content.gif

Going home on August 31st 2013!!!! They better be ready for us! Whoo hooo! We've been living on this rock for TOO LONGmellow.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey all! Thought it'd be a good idea to jump in here!! My name is Danielle(USC) and my husband is a French Citizen. We have lived in St Martin (FWI) for the past 8 years and brought our Kaylie (4 yrs old) into the world here as well. She's a U.S./French dual citizen(lucky ducky!). And we are ready to go HOME! smile.png

So called about 5 times last Wednesday to find out about our file. Asked for a supervisor every time, none available) They said we were missing papers for my I-864 (I sent TONS of emails, letters, quotes for shipping a container and such to prove our intent to reestablish domicile since I have nothing over there) and that it was being sent for a supervisors review.

So we scrambled all weekend to compiles to prove our intent to reestablish domicile in the U.S. (I haven't lived in the U.S. for almost 8 years, the only thing I've done is filed tax returns, I know - should have kept more)

Called this morning and FINALLY got through to a supervisor who told us to hold off on sending, they are reviewing the case. If we send more papers and it gets approved in the mean time it could re-open our case >.<

So has anyone else gotten a checklist/supervisor review for missing documents for the 864 (W2s, proof of domicile, etc) when you sent as much evidence as possible when filing abroad?? Hoping for a case approved in the next couple of days.... when should I start calling? Because I'll start tomorrow if that's appropriate rolleyes.gif

Also, does anyone know about appointments in Barbados?? I don't see anyone going through there...... I am REALLY REALLY hoping for one in July, otherwise we are cutting it SUPER close wacko.png

We're planning on moving back August 31st 2013, we have to get back to put our daughter in school and start living!!!! It's really hard to live on a tiny island....

Thanks for any input anyone has..... I feel like I have ants in my pants! Haha

Hello. I help admin the Case Complete Interview thread and we have someone for barbados.

lucy................04/29/13....05/10/13....06/05/13....IR-2.........Barbados

Here is the threads link if you wanted to just look around. We been keeping track of Case complete to Interview since October pretty cool.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428289-june-2013-interviews/page-22#entry6241199

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello. I help admin the Case Complete Interview thread and we have someone for barbados.

lucy................04/29/13....05/10/13....06/05/13....IR-2.........Barbados

Here is the threads link if you wanted to just look around. We been keeping track of Case complete to Interview since October pretty cool.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428289-june-2013-interviews/page-22#entry6241199

Thanks! I saw that, if it only takes a month for us that'd be SUCH a relief! It's very cool that list was compiled! I was surprised to see only one Barbados file, I guess everybody likes living in the Caribbean but us!! LOL

Started Dating: April 1st, 2003 (Met in Boca Raton, Florida)

Married January 30th, 2006 in St Martin F.W.I.

11/17/2012 - I130 Sent

01/10/2013 - NOA2 I130 approved!

03/04/2013 - Received and paid AOS fee

03/06/2013 - Received I-864 package

03/29/2013 - Received and paid IV bill

05/03/2013 - AOS and IV Packets sent (Had to wait for mom to come visit to sign I-864 co-sponser papers >.<)

05/05/2013 - AOS and IV delivered to NVC

05/17/2013 - Called NVC to find out about case

05/17/2013 - Received checklist missing documents I-864

05/20/2013 - Case under Supervisor review, spoke with tier 2 sup. told to hold off on sending checklist!

WAITING! content.gif

Going home on August 31st 2013!!!! They better be ready for us! Whoo hooo! We've been living on this rock for TOO LONGmellow.png

Filed: Timeline

That's what I think happened too, Darnell.

On Q22 I put the city and country for consular post.

But, my mom was in the US at the time when I filed this, so on Q14 I put her arrival record. But, also, I included a separate letter again emphasizing she will continue with the consular processing. You would think that would be enough. But my guess is that someone marked for NRC because of that Q14.

However, BOTH my Approval Notice from the local office, and I-797 from USCIS say that the case is sent to NVC, so everything seemed clear.

Now I have a service request going (which I don't have much confidence in), and two ILS Humans involved.

I feel like fighting a battle and rallying my troops now. It shouldn't be this hard.

Been through this. I think my story will be helpful to you WorldTravelers.

Don't focus on why, focus on how to fix it (I too live overseas with my spouse, applied from within the USA with note to process it overseas).

To get it fixed do two things:

1) Contact Ombudsman office by email.

2) Send a letter to the physical mailing address of the local office.

Two weeks after they received my letter at the local office, I got an email from the officer assigned to my case. She gave me her direct phone number an email. She had it approved within a week. I called her at her desk every other day, and she always answered within 2 rings.

Two weeks after that, the Ombudsman office copied me into an email thread that they sent to the head of the local office asking "why are you holding onto this, it should be approved and sent to NVC." That email prompted a flurry of replies from the local office saying they already processed it and apologies for the oversight, etc. Even though my case was already solved by the local officer letter I sent, the Ombudsman office got a seriously fast reaction from the Local Office boss so they seem to carry some serious weight.

I still have not gotten anything back from service requests.

08NOV2012 - NOA1

19APR2013 - NOA2- (processed via local field office)

29APR2013 - NVC Received Case

13MAY2013 - Case # and IIN# (DS-3032 sent)

29MAY2013 - AOS INV Received and Paid, 864W sent

30MAY2013 - Received DS-3032 Acceptance Email

31MAY2013 - AOS shows PAID

31MAY2013 - IV INV Received and Paid, ds230 sent

3JUNE2013 - IV shows PAID

19JUNE2013 - Case Complete!

17JULY2013-received interview date

28AUG2013 - Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have just called the NVC and they told me send in my original marriege certificate. Is that true or an official certified copy of original is okay? I got it translated and scanned the original copy, went to the notery in Turkey and got a government approved stamp on it. When I sent it, I got a check list so called the NVC and they said the papers are going on review through the supervisor, however I need to send the original certificate and they will give it back at the embassy during the interview. Should I or not send the original?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Hoping someone in this thread can help out with new problems in our case file. My husband has been unable to obtain his Indian passport clearance certificate (pcc). The officials won't give it to him because he doesn't have my name in his passport. He can't put his name in my passport without our marriage being registered. We have been unable to register our marriage from day one and have had no trouble thus far since we attached substantial evidence to show proof that we have tried everything to register our marriage but have been unsuccessful due to no fault of our own.

What do I do now since this PCC is directly linked with our first unobtainable document, the marriage registration? If we allow things to run their course in India, they could drag this on for years. I do not want to be separated from my husband due to some corrupt official in India. What can we do? My husband has showed all proof to the officials in the passport office in regards to our marriage but they have brushed him off.

Is it possible to get a case complete from the NVC with not only one but two missing required documents? Then what happens at the consular level if they say they cannot issue us a visa until we get these documents? My head is spinning from all this ridiculous nonsense.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Hello Folks!

Need ur help, I got my NOA2 yesterday and preparing myself for the NVC stage.

I have a question related to Police Clearance. I am an Indian Citizen and a Permanent Resident of Canada living in Canada since 2006 (Age 22 at that time). Do I just need to arrange for Canadian Police Clearance certificate or 1 from India too. If required from India, does anyone has any idea, how do I get one for India from Canada itself.

Regards,

A_Singh

I have just called the NVC and they told me send in my original marriege certificate. Is that true or an official certified copy of original is okay? I got it translated and scanned the original copy, went to the notery in Turkey and got a government approved stamp on it. When I sent it, I got a check list so called the NVC and they said the papers are going on review through the supervisor, however I need to send the original certificate and they will give it back at the embassy during the interview. Should I or not send the original?

Wait until the review is done. If you sent a certified copy, they technically should accept it as for certificates, it can either be the original or a certified copy. I sent my certified copy of marriage and birth and had no issues. But, sometimes those officers have problems with certified copies. Heck, sometimes they even have problems with the original!

Keep in contact with NVC every single day to find out the status on the supervisor review. Good luck. Hopefully the supervisor accepts it through their review...

Hey everyone,

Hoping someone in this thread can help out with new problems in our case file. My husband has been unable to obtain his Indian passport clearance certificate (pcc). The officials won't give it to him because he doesn't have my name in his passport. He can't put his name in my passport without our marriage being registered. We have been unable to register our marriage from day one and have had no trouble thus far since we attached substantial evidence to show proof that we have tried everything to register our marriage but have been unsuccessful due to no fault of our own.

What do I do now since this PCC is directly linked with our first unobtainable document, the marriage registration? If we allow things to run their course in India, they could drag this on for years. I do not want to be separated from my husband due to some corrupt official in India. What can we do? My husband has showed all proof to the officials in the passport office in regards to our marriage but they have brushed him off.

Is it possible to get a case complete from the NVC with not only one but two missing required documents? Then what happens at the consular level if they say they cannot issue us a visa until we get these documents? My head is spinning from all this ridiculous nonsense.

It is possible to get a case complete with missing documents. I've seen it happen before. You need to request that the case be closed and explain how the two documents are taking a little time and will be presented at the interview. It's not guaranteed, but worth a shot.

As for getting the PCC though, I suggest you post this in the regional forums as I have no idea how to help you. You'll need the expertise of other Indian members. Here's a handy link for the Indian forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/149-india/ Good luck. Hopefully someone can come by and help you out.

Hello Folks!

Need ur help, I got my NOA2 yesterday and preparing myself for the NVC stage.

I have a question related to Police Clearance. I am an Indian Citizen and a Permanent Resident of Canada living in Canada since 2006 (Age 22 at that time). Do I just need to arrange for Canadian Police Clearance certificate or 1 from India too. If required from India, does anyone has any idea, how do I get one for India from Canada itself.

Regards,

A_Singh

According to this page: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9215#docs (jump down to police records), police certificates aren't available to those not applying in India and those not residing in India (which is your case). So, you should be in the clear. Despite this, you may get an officer who assumes you need a police certificate from India. My suggestion: print out the page I just linked, and highlight that last bullet point that relates to your case. Include a sticky note or something saying you do NOT reside in India, nor are applying through any of the Indian embassies/consulates, so you're not able to get a PCC from there. That should satisfy those dang officers!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Another one waiting for NVC to complete so I can get an interview. Everything was received by them last week and im hoping that it will be quick now, I just got accepted to university in the fall as well so I really have a deadline. What are my chances to get a july interview? Does it really go that fast as it does for some in the NVC process? I called NVC today and they still couldnt see my papers in there and Im praying and hoping that I can leave before/in august.

Another one waiting for NVC to complete so I can get an interview. Everything was received by them last week and im hoping that it will be quick now, I just got accepted to university in the fall as well so I really have a deadline. What are my chances to get a july interview? Does it really go that fast as it does for some in the NVC process? I called NVC today and they still couldnt see my papers in there and Im praying and hoping that I can leave before/in august.

I'd say chances are good for a July interview if you get a case complete this week. Don't make plans on what I say, but notice that on the "June Interview" thread, we keep a list of case completes and interview times... no July interviews have been scheduled yet, so I think it is unlikely you'll get pushed all the way to August.

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Wait until the review is done. If you sent a certified copy, they technically should accept it as for certificates, it can either be the original or a certified copy. I sent my certified copy of marriage and birth and had no issues. But, sometimes those officers have problems with certified copies. Heck, sometimes they even have problems with the original!

Keep in contact with NVC every single day to find out the status on the supervisor review. Good luck. Hopefully the supervisor accepts it through their review...

It is possible to get a case complete with missing documents. I've seen it happen before. You need to request that the case be closed and explain how the two documents are taking a little time and will be presented at the interview. It's not guaranteed, but worth a shot.

As for getting the PCC though, I suggest you post this in the regional forums as I have no idea how to help you. You'll need the expertise of other Indian members. Here's a handy link for the Indian forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/149-india/ Good luck. Hopefully someone can come by and help you out.

According to this page: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9215#docs (jump down to police records), police certificates aren't available to those not applying in India and those not residing in India (which is your case). So, you should be in the clear. Despite this, you may get an officer who assumes you need a police certificate from India. My suggestion: print out the page I just linked, and highlight that last bullet point that relates to your case. Include a sticky note or something saying you do NOT reside in India, nor are applying through any of the Indian embassies/consulates, so you're not able to get a PCC from there. That should satisfy those dang officers!

Hey not sure if I fall under bullet 2 or 4. I am an Indian and not a Foreign (Non-Indian). I do have an indian passport. Does that mean I need Police Clearance from Indian embassy from Canada

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.