Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Hi all, just got my wife and step daughters petitions approved. Now I'm guessing comes the hard part, as I am not sure how to file AOS for my wife and step daughter. Will I be getting an IIN and case number for each? Will I have to file a separate AOS for each with respective fees?

For the immigrant visa should I send each petition with its own copies of the required documents?

It would also be great if I could get a refresher on which documents I should include.

Thanks in advance.

Each beneficiary gets their own case numbers. But, you're going to want to make sure both are linked at NVC. If they do get linked, then you'll only have to pay one AOS fee. And they'll also most likely get an interview date scheduled for the same day if they're linked together.

Whether linked or not though, they'll each need their own package. The documents needed for each package is listed in the first two posts. Time to read!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hrm. Have you read the electronic processing guide? http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

I'll assume you received your DS-3032 already from the NVC?

Yes, I did read the guide. But that's after OPT IN.

I haven't received DS-3032 from the NVC, and this is my problem.

USCIS:1/11/2013 - Sent I-130
1/24/2013 - NOA1
4/01/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
4/29/2013 - Cases Received
5/10/2013 - GUZ# & IINs Assigned
5/10/2013 - Emailed OPT IN and DS-3032 to both NVCInquiry and NVCElectronic
5/15/2013 - GZO# Assigned
5/28/2013 - AOS Invoiced and Paid

5/28/2013 - Resent DS3032 with previously rejected email for SUPERVISOR REVIEW
5/29/2013 - DS3032 Accepted
5/30/2013 - AOS Fee appeared as "PAID"

5/31/2013 - IV Fee Invoiced and paid
6/03/2013 - IV Fee appeared as "PAID"

6/05/2013 - Emailed both AOS and IV packets

6/13/2013 - AOS and IV packets received

6/21/2013 - Received AOS checklist, Revised I-864EZ emailed

7/12/2013 - Case Complete

7/22/2013 - Case Complete Email

7/25/2013 - Got interview date by calling NVC

Embassy Process:

9/23/2013 - Interview Date!

Yes, I did read the guide. But that's after OPT IN.

I haven't received DS-3032 from the NVC, and this is my problem.

you needed to wait to optin AFTER you recieved the DS-3032. That's how I read the guide for your EP.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

He can co-sponsor as long as he's over the poverty line for that big of a household (he has to include the two people he's already sponsored).

And if your husband got laid off, then he'll need a co-sponsor as he's sort of obligated to tell them he no longer has a job and has no way of supporting you once you've immigrated.

Noted and thank you Saylin, what if my husband got a job the time for my interview? Do I still needl co-sponsor or I just present his employment contract and pays slip along with his AOS? Thanks again...

Noted and thank you Saylin, what if my husband got a job the time for my interview? Do I still needl co-sponsor or I just present his employment contract and pays slip along with his AOS? Thanks again...

If he can get a job before the interview, he won't need a co-sponsor IF he's making over the poverty line amount for his household size. You'd need to present an employment letter and pay stub(s).

Be warned though: because he will not have worked that long at his job before the interview, the officers MAY still request for a co-sponsor. This varies by consulate/embassy by how strict they are. So, if your husband does get a job, it may still be an excellent idea if you bring co-sponsor paperwork (I-864, tax information, employment letter, pay stubs, and proof of citizenship/residency) with you to the interview, just in case. This way, if they do ask for a co-sponsor, you can present all the paperwork at the interview, saving you much time.

Filed: Timeline

Am I the only one that is excited that its Monday?

08NOV2012 - NOA1

19APR2013 - NOA2- (processed via local field office)

29APR2013 - NVC Received Case

13MAY2013 - Case # and IIN# (DS-3032 sent)

29MAY2013 - AOS INV Received and Paid, 864W sent

30MAY2013 - Received DS-3032 Acceptance Email

31MAY2013 - AOS shows PAID

31MAY2013 - IV INV Received and Paid, ds230 sent

3JUNE2013 - IV shows PAID

19JUNE2013 - Case Complete!

17JULY2013-received interview date

28AUG2013 - Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Am I the only one that is excited that its Monday?

Not at all! I realize it still might be a bit early, but I'm going to cross my fingers tight for an approval at the end of this week!

event.png

USCIS:
07/30/2012 - I-130 Sent
07/31/2012 - NOA1 Received (Petition sent to the dreaded VSC, rec'd by mail 08/17/2012)
03/22/2013 - RFE Received (email, rec'd RFE by mail 3/25)
03/26/2013 - Reply to RFE sent
04/03/2013 - NOA2 Received

NVC:
04/08/2013 - Case arrived at NVC
04/19/2013 - Received case #, IIN, gave e-mail addresses
04/19/2013- OPTIN Email Sent for EP
04/23/2013- DS-261 Sent
04/24/2013 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID
04/25/2013- OPTIN Email Accepted
05/01/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID
04/30/2013 - AOS Package sent
05/03/2013 - AOS/I-864 accepted
05/07/2013 - IV bill invoiced & PAID
05/09/2013 - IV bill appears as PAID
05/09/2013 - IV Package sent
05/22/2013 - Case Complete
07/09/2013 - Interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Soooo, about 10 days ago the NVC got our last package. We're now waiting for them to process it and hopefully get an interview as soon as possible. Today my husband will call to check if there's any good news on their side. Process is almost over and can't wait to go back home to my husband... it's been a very tough year

Giovanna

Timeline

Actually, until very recently, it was mostly the few days at the beginning of the month AND at the end... but this month, so many found out about their interview dates at the middle of the month ... If you look at the June Interview thread, note how for the May CCs, every one of them so far learned of their interview date on the 13th or 14th. I was ready to give up until next month but we just received our date on the 14th... hope yours gets assigned soon!

The 13th and 14th actually fit in my first 2 weeks theory lol

oldlady.gif

Soooo, about 10 days ago the NVC got our last package. We're now waiting for them to process it and hopefully get an interview as soon as possible. Today my husband will call to check if there's any good news on their side. Process is almost over and can't wait to go back home to my husband... it's been a very tough year

You should hear something this week. It seems to be taking about 10 business days :)

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

Can somone point me in the direction of darnell's posts about requesting an earlier interview date?

I tried to do an advanced search on it, but I'm coming up with his various posts on political or off topic stuff lmao

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How long does NVC take to review AOS and packet IV docs?, our AOS packet reached NVC on 05/03 and packet IV on 05/10. I called NVC today and the representative told me neither of them have been review yet?

event.png

USCIS - California service center

09/17/12 --- I-130 sent to Phoenix mail box
09/20/12 --- NOA1 recieved via e-mail (CSC)
09/27/12 --- NOA1 hardcopy received
01/24/13 --- Called USCIS customer care and found that case was transferred to Local USCIS office (never got notice of it)
03/18/13 --- Submitted E-request as the petition is officially 180 days beyond
03/18/13 --- Tier2 ISO told the petition is at NBC.
04/01/13 --- We received email confirmation abt the E-request that we put in 2 weeks earlier
04/04/13 --- Went for infopass appointment at local office and they approved my petition and sent it to NBC
04/08/13 --- Received NOA2 today (date of NOA2 is 04/04/2013).

NVC Process

04/18/13 --- Called NVC for case number, they told that they got file on 04/15 asked us to call back of 20 business days
04/23/13 --- Called NVC and got the Case number and invoice identification number.

04/24/13 --- Sent DS-3032 by email.

04/29/13 --- Got AOS Fee email from NVC,

04/30/13 --- AOS Fee payment done online.

05/01/13 --- Send AOS documents packet by Fedex.

05/03/13 --- AOS Packet reached NVC.

05/06/13 --- Got Immigrant Visa Application Fee Bill Invoice email from NVC.

05/07/13 --- Packet IV Fee payment done online.

05/08/13 --- Send Packet IV documents by Fedex.

05/10/13 --- Packet IV reached NVC.

06/10/13 --- Got checklist email for i-864.

06/11/13 --- Corrected i-864 reached NVC.

07/01/13 --- Got new checklist again from NVC, but it was mentioned that we meet the min requirement to schedule an interivew, so asked us to

get the corrected i-864 to interview.

07/08/13 --- Got Case Completion email. ( Case completetion date at NVC is 06/28 ).

07/31/13 --- Interview date scheduled on 09/03.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

You should hear something this week. It seems to be taking about 10 business days smile.png

That's great! I just hope I'll get an interview early June. I've heard that if the consulate is busy the dates for interviews "get taken" pretty fast. Is that true?

Giovanna

That's great! I just hope I'll get an interview early June. I've heard that if the consulate is busy the dates for interviews "get taken" pretty fast. Is that true?

Yes, but "pretty fast" is relative. If you were getting your case complete this week for a US-filed case for London, I'd say you were in for an early to mid July interview, based on the fact that I got my case complete 10 days ago and was scheduled for mid June, and based on how other people are doing for the UK in the chart for June interviews (see that thread). Your filing embassy will have its own schedule.

It's possible for the immigrant to contact the embassy after the interview date is assigned and ask them if they have any cancellations or if they can slot you in early (say it's because of travel plans, which will not be false). Not guaranteed though.

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.