Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello I got the checklist for AOS and IV both. But I have already resubmitted with corrections. Now when I called NVC they said again I have to wait for 20 business days. So is it really going to take same time again?

Thank you.

from what other members have posted it seems it takes around 10 days.

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello I got the checklist for AOS and IV both. But I have already resubmitted with corrections. Now when I called NVC they said again I have to wait for 20 business days. So is it really going to take same time again?

Thank you.

What was the checklist for? 20 business days is standard time they give out, it could be earlier than that.

Can my husband complete ds 230 and mail it to me now before I am assigned case number? I want to prepare all the paperwork for quick process.

By all means.

Edited by TopOfTheWorld
03/10/13: NoA2

04/29/13: NVC Received

05/10/13: Case No./IIN Generated/Received

06/26/13: Case complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, so case is complete, and from what I've read, they don't assign interviews until the first 1 to 2 weeks of the month, right?

So, it doesn't seem worth calling until next month.

Problem is, I really wanted to get the medical done on memorial day (since it isn't a canadian holiday) so I wouldn't have to take a day off.

But also from what I heard, they won't do the medical w/o the interview letter.

I wanted to try this new guy Vaughan so I'm assuming I'll have to call him to find his requirements.

oldlady.gif

Okay, so case is complete, and from what I've read, they don't assign interviews until the first 1 to 2 weeks of the month, right?

Problem is, I really wanted to get the medical done on memorial day (since it isn't a canadian holiday) so I wouldn't have to take a day off.

I wanted to try this new guy Vaughan so I'm assuming I'll have to call him to find his requirements.

Interview can be assigned at any time ;)

You can try the new panel physician. They may not require the interview letter and may just accept the first NVC letter you received (with your name and case number on it). Call up and inquire. Good luck!

Hello guys, need help about co-sponsor for my interview. I am planning to prepare a back up of co-sponsor during my interview since my husband just laid off last month and until now still trying to find one. Good thing we were able to send AOS before it happened and was approved.My question is, is it ok if I use my brother as a co- sponsor where he already co sponsored my two other sibling which f2b visa and their PD are already current. What do you think guys?

Hello guys, need help about co-sponsor for my interview. I am planning to prepare a back up of co-sponsor during my interview since my husband just laid off last month and until now still trying to find one. Good thing we were able to send AOS before it happened and was approved.My question is, is it ok if I use my brother as a co- sponsor where he already co sponsored my two other sibling which f2b visa and their PD are already current. What do you think guys?

He can co-sponsor as long as he's over the poverty line for that big of a household (he has to include the two people he's already sponsored).

And if your husband got laid off, then he'll need a co-sponsor as he's sort of obligated to tell them he no longer has a job and has no way of supporting you once you've immigrated.

It can be assigned anytime but I had to wait from the 15th last month until May 1st for the date. This new guy may do it with just a case complete email? Ya never know until ya try.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: Nepal
Timeline

from what other members have posted it seems it takes around 10 days.

What was the checklist for? 20 business days is standard time they give out, it could be earlier than that.

Thank you. I got the checklist on which I have never expected ranting33va.gif . In AOS I didn't put anything in my current income coz I was unemployed. and in IV in q#30 it says place of resident since becoming a 16 yrs. and I was lacked by 3 yrs. I miscalculated the date.

Question: I just got the new job and it is starting from Jun. I got the offer before I received the checklist for AOS. But I submitted my new AOS as unemployed again thinking that I might have to change my IV too if I submitted AOS with my offer letter and it might delay the process. After 2 days I got the checklist for IV too so had to submit IV as 'unemployed' in 'spouse's occupation' section again. so frustrating. I waited 2 yrs to get approval from USCIS and now I don't know how long NVC going to take to assign interview date!!????ClockWatch2.gif

as1cJKgNw000000MDAzMTUwc3w1MjYyODMxc3xXZ

03/22/2011: NOA 1

03/20/2013: NOA 2

04/15/2013: Case number

04/15/2013: DS3032 emailed

04/19/2013: AOS paid

04/26/2013: DS3032 accepted

04/29/2013: IV paid

04/29/2013: AOS package submitted (Resubmitted: 05/13/2013)

05/02/2013: IV package submitted (Resubmitted: 05/16/2013)

05/24/2013: AOS accepted

05/28/2013: IV accepted

05/28/2013: Case complete

08/22/2013: Visa Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview can be assigned at any time wink.png

You can try the new panel physician. They may not require the interview letter and may just accept the first NVC letter you received (with your name and case number on it). Call up and inquire. Good luck!

Oh fantastic!

What is it that I keep seeing then that they only assign them during the first 2 weeks.

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmm

oldlady.gif

Oh fantastic!

What is it that I keep seeing then that they only assign them during the first 2 weeks.

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmm

A lie from the operators ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Thank you. I got the checklist on which I have never expected ranting33va.gif . In AOS I didn't put anything in my current income coz I was unemployed. and in IV in q#30 it says place of resident since becoming a 16 yrs. and I was lacked by 3 yrs. I miscalculated the date.

Question: I just got the new job and it is starting from Jun. I got the offer before I received the checklist for AOS. But I submitted my new AOS as unemployed again thinking that I might have to change my IV too if I submitted AOS with my offer letter and it might delay the process. After 2 days I got the checklist for IV too so had to submit IV as 'unemployed' in 'spouse's occupation' section again. so frustrating. I waited 2 yrs to get approval from USCIS and now I don't know how long NVC going to take to assign interview date!!????ClockWatch2.gif

Well, I would suggest if they accept the updated forms. Then send the new I-864 with employment letter directly to your spouse, so that it can be presented during the interview(if asked for, or issues due to AOS),

I would not worry much about the "unemployed" occupation section in the DS-230 as it implies the date it was signed for. You can always have your spouse present the employment letter at the interview.

03/10/13: NoA2

04/29/13: NVC Received

05/10/13: Case No./IIN Generated/Received

06/26/13: Case complete

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Oh fantastic!

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmm

Actually, until very recently, it was mostly the few days at the beginning of the month AND at the end... but this month, so many found out about their interview dates at the middle of the month ... If you look at the June Interview thread, note how for the May CCs, every one of them so far learned of their interview date on the 13th or 14th. I was ready to give up until next month but we just received our date on the 14th... hope yours gets assigned soon!

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all, just got my wife and step daughters petitions approved. Now I'm guessing comes the hard part, as I am not sure how to file AOS for my wife and step daughter. Will I be getting an IIN and case number for each? Will I have to file a separate AOS for each with respective fees?

For the immigrant visa should I send each petition with its own copies of the required documents?

It would also be great if I could get a refresher on which documents I should include.

Thanks in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.