Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello VJ Family

OK I've an issue. My wife's case is pending at NVC, she doesn't have any record of birth and therefore an affidavit of birth was provided (2 witnesses) I was waiting on my IV package to reviewed, just got off the phone with NVC and they are asking for an official record from the Government and the reason why the birth certificate was not available? Has anyone experience this?

Her birth took place in home and there's no hospital record that could be found, i thought 2 affidavit of birth were enough for evidence.... Please advise..

Our case is FINALLY at the NVC! Talked to a woman there who said they'd be sending us information soon.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

I called NVC last week and we got a case complete! Barelly recieved the email today and also an email later on the day for an interview date at the end of June. I was hoping for a date that would be sooner but thank god it is almost all over. I know there is another thread for the interview as i did have soe concerns. Can any one post a link to it? I also wanted to thank you Saylin. I wouldnt of been able to get through this process without your help. Thank you for your time and dedication to help others!

Congrats! kicking.gif

The link to the June interview thread is both in the first post as well as a few posts above yours; Dwheels posted it.

Hello VJ Family

OK I've an issue. My wife's case is pending at NVC, she doesn't have any record of birth and therefore an affidavit of birth was provided (2 witnesses) I was waiting on my IV package to reviewed, just got off the phone with NVC and they are asking for an official record from the Government and the reason why the birth certificate was not available? Has anyone experience this?

Her birth took place in home and there's no hospital record that could be found, i thought 2 affidavit of birth were enough for evidence.... Please advise..

I would suggest calling NVC up and requesting to speak with a supervisor to get this sorted out.

Our case is FINALLY at the NVC! Talked to a woman there who said they'd be sending us information soon.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Congrats! kicking.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

monies gone from bank, visibly gone, sometime between 00:00 and 00:30 today , 15 May, for the AOS Fee. NVC Payment portal still say 'in process' circa 20 minutes ago.. rolling, rolling, rolling...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hello VJ Family

IMO, that affidavit of birth should have found it's way into a government office, and some other birth document generated there. Get that? NVC stops complaining to you.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

monies gone from bank, visibly gone, sometime between 00:00 and 00:30 today , 15 May, for the AOS Fee. NVC Payment portal still say 'in process' circa 20 minutes ago.. rolling, rolling, rolling...

Darnell, it will get posted to the payment portal in a day or two. In the meantime you can send your AOS in with the printout sheet from the payment portal right now. That's what I did and I had no problem!

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I just got off the phone with NVC. Apparently my case has been reviewed today, 5/15, and I'm going to be receiving a checklist in my email for my original Chilean marriage certificate and my W2s for 2012. The problem is that I sent my original marriage certificate. I have seen that people from Chile have had this problem, so I asked for a supervisor review. They said it takes 10-15 business days, should I expect to wait that long?

Also, regarding my W2s for 2012, I live abroad, and filed taxes, however I did not make any U.S. income, therefore having no W2s. I included the foreign income sheet with my taxes, but apparently this isn't good enough. The rude operators claim I have to send a statement regarding why I don't have W2s, is this correct? They wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor.

I'm so frustrated right now because I followed everything to the letter only to get a bogus checklist!

crying.gif

Any advice?!

Thanks!

heart.gif Married in Chile to Colombian Citizen: Sept 21, 2012 heart.gif

USCIS (46 Days):

02/08/2013 - NOA1 Received

03/26/2013 - NOA2 Received

NVC (57 Days):

04/08/2013 - Case arrived at NVC

04/11/2013 - Case # and IIN assigned

04/14/2013 - E-mailed DS-3032

04/14/2013 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID BILL

04/16/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID

04/24/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted

04/25/2013 - IV bill invoiced

04/26/2013 - PAID IV BILL

04/30/2013 - AOS Package sent
 & IV Package sent
 from abroad

05/02/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

05/06/2013 - UPS tracking states package arrived at NVC

05/15/2013 - Packages reviewed, received checklist over the phone, requested supervisor review for IV packet, spoke to supervisor regarding AOS

05/17/2013 - Received email that proof of foreign income was located and AOS routed for review

05/29/2013 - Supervisor review of AOS complete, determined documents still missing, sent AOS checklist overnight

05/30/2013 - AOS checklist response delivered, informed that IV packet supervisor review did not occur and was no longer pending, spoke with supervisor who is going to check on the situation and acknowledged seeing original marriage certificate, recommended I write supervisor Sue for expedite, expedite email sent - claiming NVC error

05/31/2013 - Received email that expedite request is processing

06/03/2013 - Expedite approved

06/04/2013 - Case sent to embassy Santiago, Chile YAYYY!!!!!

SANTIAGO CONSULATE:

06/09/2013 - Case Arrives at Consulate

06/14/2013 – Interview scheduled

06/19/2013 – Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJ Family

NVC doesnt accept affidavit without an official "No Record Found" from a local municipality. I suggest you ask your wife to go to local municipality office and have them generate a No Record Found of birth - once you send that to NVC it should be fine.

Timeline

IV FEE BILL just hit - email subject line: GZO2013XXXXXX (AIVF FOR NEOPOST DS-1200)

Whoop !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

IV FEE BILL just hit - email subject line: GZO2013XXXXXX (AIVF FOR NEOPOST DS-1200)

Whoop !

Whoop there it is. Congrats dear.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Whoop !

Whoop there it is. Congrats dear.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

yup. I'm a bit in a tizzy. I know the IV will be delayed a week, as my wife is in Chengdu caring for her grandmother at the Uncles Enclave, and won't be headed back to Wuhan until next week. It's ok, really.... I'll be sending out everything but the PCC and send in the PCC a week later - Everything else is ready to go la.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would say hang in there. NVC received on 04/29 and I got the case number yesterday. After nearly 63 days as my NoA2 was 03/12. My service center is also California Service center.

You should at least have tier 2 rep, create a case request. I did not find senator's liaison that helpful as California has lot of immigrants and they simply don't care.

I am going to try calling again today shortly because the last two days i called to speak with a tier 2 rep they both refused to transfer me and I got in a argument with the rep yesterday because she said for me to wait 90 days before calling back to initiate an inquiry about where my file is. I requested the teir 2 and she said just because i want to speak to one does not mean she has to transfer me, how rediculous is that.

Filed: Timeline

I am going to try calling again today shortly because the last two days i called to speak with a tier 2 rep they both refused to transfer me and I got in a argument with the rep yesterday because she said for me to wait 90 days before calling back to initiate an inquiry about where my file is. I requested the teir 2 and she said just because i want to speak to one does not mean she has to transfer me, how rediculous is that.

the same thing to happen to us they said wait 90 days. when nvc research had contacted them. thats the time they forward my approved case NVC exactly 84 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.