Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

my CEAC case status changed from "Processing at NVC" to "At NVC". I don't know if this means anything. God my nerves are shot and I feel like hell. I really need some good news.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

have you tried mailing an inquiry to the Houston Field Office street address?

I had an issue my local field office in San Francisco. I overnighted the concern to them via a Fedex letter. Two days later the adjudicating officer assigned to me emailed me with their desk phone number and direct email address. They answered the phone every time and emailed me promptly. They told me NOA2 two days before the computer emailed me, and they even said that "if NVC doesnt get this in two weeks" to call her back directly.

not sure if Houston will be this helpful, but Its worth a shot...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Woohoo! We got our case number and invoice number! kicking.gif

USCIS

09/14/2013 - NOA1

04/22/2013 - NOA2

NVC

04/23/2013 - NVC received case

04/29/2013 - case number and IIN

04/29/2013 - DS3032 sent

05/09/2013 - AOS bill generated and paid

05/10/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID

05/13/2013 - AOS package sent

05/16/2013 - DS3032 accepted

05/16/2013 - AOS bill changes from PAID to NOT PAID! #######?! AOS bill paid again upon NVC rep's advice

05/20/2013 - IV bill generated and paid

05/20/2013 - IV package sent

06/12/2013 - case complete, woohoo smile.png

07/15/2013 - interview scheduled

08/06/2013 - interview

Hi Saylin..while filling out the I-864z application..it asked if i filed for the most recent tax year..You have to first tick the box then fill in those spaces...My question is.. as my husband hasn't yet filed for his taxes and we want to send the extension letter.. should i check the box or leave it unchecked and put see the attached sheet? So basically how do i go about filling out the Tax section on there?

I'm not too sure. I think writing 'See attachment' might be your best bet. On the attachment, write in the amounts for 2010 and 2011, then explain 2012.

my CEAC case status changed from "Processing at NVC" to "At NVC". I don't know if this means anything. God my nerves are shot and I feel like hell. I really need some good news.

Call them up and see if anything has changed with your case ;)

Woohoo! We got our case number and invoice number! kicking.gif

Congrats! That was fast, wow!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Congrats! That was fast, wow!

Thanks. It's great news after the long wait at USCIS. Also, my husband has recently moved. I included his new address in the choice of agent e-mail, which I sent today. Is it enough or should I also call NVC and and tell them about his new address? Thanks for your help goofy.gif

USCIS

09/14/2013 - NOA1

04/22/2013 - NOA2

NVC

04/23/2013 - NVC received case

04/29/2013 - case number and IIN

04/29/2013 - DS3032 sent

05/09/2013 - AOS bill generated and paid

05/10/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID

05/13/2013 - AOS package sent

05/16/2013 - DS3032 accepted

05/16/2013 - AOS bill changes from PAID to NOT PAID! #######?! AOS bill paid again upon NVC rep's advice

05/20/2013 - IV bill generated and paid

05/20/2013 - IV package sent

06/12/2013 - case complete, woohoo smile.png

07/15/2013 - interview scheduled

08/06/2013 - interview

Thanks. It's great news after the long wait at USCIS. Also, my husband has recently moved. I included his new address in the choice of agent e-mail, which I sent today. Is it enough or should I also call NVC and and tell them about his new address? Thanks for your help goofy.gif

They'll update the file with the address on the DS-3032/I-864. You can call if you wish, but I don't think it's necessary.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

it has been 9 weeks now since my petition was approved. Told by USCIS case was sent to NVC on March 18, 2013.

NVC says they have never recieved it. DOS say they cant fine the case either that it must still be at USCIS.

I have called the congressman and got him involved and nothing from him.

USCIS case inquire done.. NVC case inquire also done.. Nothing, No one can find it or say anything at all..

Who can I call? What can I do?

I do pray and pray even more.

What is the next step for us?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

If the case numbers were written on each page, you're golden good.gif

Good luck with the NVC operator tomorrow. I'd like to hear their answer laughing.gif

Hi Saylin,

So I called the NVC, the woman I talked to, Olivia, was actually VERY nice!

She said that the person who will scan the paperwork SHOULD realise this; however, it isn't sure that they will do.

She also said that it can take up to 20 bus. days to find out whether there is a problem or not.

I shall be calling everyday from next week to find out.

Both AOS and IV package will arrive by UPS on Wednesday so I'm assuming that they should see something from a week on Wednesday....

Needless to say that the stress is back on! sleepy.gif

I'm the beneficiary
Married June 2010

USCIS (49 days) NVC (42 days)

02/06/13 I130 sent 04/12/2013 NVC received file

02/08/13 I130 delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 04/23/2013 Case numbers assigned and DS3032 emailed

02/13/13 NOA1 04/29/2013 Cases finally linked for AOS payment - paid straightaway

02/13/13 Fees cashed on 05/02/2013 DS3032 accepted
02/16/13 I797 received (pd 02/08/2013) 05/03/2013 AOS packages sent
04/02/2013 Available on USCIS website 05/03/2013 IV fee paid
04/03/2013 NOA2 05/04/2013 AOS status 'PAID'

04/08/2013 Paper NOA2 received 05/06/2013 IV package sent
05/08/2013 AOS and IV delivered to NVC
05/17/2013 Expedite request filed

05/21/2013 IV Package approved (9 bus. days)

05/22/2013 AOS on hold (new version used)
05/24/2013 Expedite approved by Paris Embassy (docs shipped on same day)

EMBASSY (Paris) POE 08/15/2013 PHI

05/24/2013 applications received by email

05/2/2013 paper applications received

05/30/2013 moved from 'in transit' to 'ready' on DOS

06/03/2013 email received for medical and interview

06/21/2013 medical

06/26/2013 interview - APPROVED!!!!

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding my husbands case. We are currently waiting on USCIS to send over his case to NVC, I wanted to have all the documents prepped so they can be sent out once the fees are paid.

My story is as follows: For last year 2012 I made well over the poverty guidelines to sponsor my husband, however in November I lost my job and became pregnant while on my trip to Nicaragua to visit him, now that I am back ive had a hard time finding employment. I will fill out an I-864 for him since I am his sponsor even though I do not meet the poverty guidelines. My aunt will co sponsor my husband, she is married but has always filed separately.

Can someone please calirfy a few things for me?

My questions are-

I am collecting unemployment, should include that on my I-864?

My aunt has 3 children of which she only claims 2 and leaves the 3rd for my uncle to claim, if she fills out the I864 does she need to file my uncle as a joint sponsor? and as for the poverty guidelines does she go based off of the poverty guidelines for a family of 4 (My aunt + her two children she claims+ my husband) whom is the intending immigrant?

Or does she include all 6 ( My aunt, uncle, 3 kids, and my husband)?

My aunt is a LPR is she ok to sponsor my husband?

Sorry for all the questions but I would be ever so grateful to anyone who can clarify these things for me!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Saylin can u please answer this question or anyone with any knowledge of this ? Thanks!

I have a quick question. I am trying to arrange my documents for NVC processing and I have been reading a lot of info from this website. I called NVC last week and they said the case was received on April 29th so I am just waiting for my case number so I can start submitting the documents. All the other documents seems straight forward but I was looking at the DS-230 form and I thought it was for a CR-1 or IR-1 which is same visa category as mine. The sample completed form had the person say that he is single and he didn't give out the spouse's info. I am confused about that...hmm...can anyone explain this to me. I thought u would say that u are married and give out the spouse's info (name, dob, occupation , address (will be the same) and date of marriage). Can anyone tell me where to find an updated sample of DS-230 if this was not one that I need to look at. Thanks!

02/15/13: Filed I-130 and got my NOA104/15/13: I-130 approved and got my NOA204/29/13: NVC received my file05/13/13: Case/IIN received05/13/13: DS-3032 sent05/24/13: DS-3032 1st email rejected, sent a second one and that one got rejected too on the same day.05/28/13: AOS bill invoiced and received email from NVC with all the info.05/28/13: Paid AOS bill right away.05/28/13: As soon as I received the official AOS email, I sent a 3rd DS-3032 email with "supervisor review" as the subject.05/29/13: NVC sent an email accepting the DS-3032 email smile.png (Alhamdulilah)O5/30/13: AOS bill shows PAID05/30/13: Received official DS-3032 Email and IV invoice info (waiting for the IV bill invoice to show up on payment portal)05/31/13: IV bill invoiced05/31/13: Pay IV Bill06/01/13: Sent out the AOS package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/03/13: IV bill shows PAID06/04/13: Sent out the IV package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/18/13: AOS package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: IV package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: Case complete at NVC dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifAlhamdulilah07/31/13: Medicaldancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifIn shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin.<p>08/14/13: Interview date at Nairobi Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif In shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin. (Interview date changed because they had a problem finding the medical)01/07/2015: visa approved

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding my husbands case. We are currently waiting on USCIS to send over his case to NVC, I wanted to have all the documents prepped so they can be sent out once the fees are paid.

My story is as follows: For last year 2012 I made well over the poverty guidelines to sponsor my husband, however in November I lost my job and became pregnant while on my trip to Nicaragua to visit him, now that I am back ive had a hard time finding employment. I will fill out an I-864 for him since I am his sponsor even though I do not meet the poverty guidelines. My aunt will co sponsor my husband, she is married but has always filed separately.

Can someone please calirfy a few things for me?

My questions are-

I am collecting unemployment, should include that on my I-864?

My aunt has 3 children of which she only claims 2 and leaves the 3rd for my uncle to claim, if she fills out the I864 does she need to file my uncle as a joint sponsor? and as for the poverty guidelines does she go based off of the poverty guidelines for a family of 4 (My aunt + her two children she claims+ my husband) whom is the intending immigrant?

Or does she include all 6 ( My aunt, uncle, 3 kids, and my husband)?

My aunt is a LPR is she ok to sponsor my husband?

Sorry for all the questions but I would be ever so grateful to anyone who can clarify these things for me!

I believe unemployment counts as income. Check the instructions to be sure.

If your aunt doesn't claim one of her children, I don't believe they're part of her household. But the I-864 does ask for any spouses on the household size question, so her husband will be accounted for. So, I believe her household size would be 5 (herself, her husband, your husband, and 2 children). But I'm not 100% sure on that.

Yes, LPRs are eligible to sponsor. All joint sponsors are required to submit proof of citizenship/residency, so she'll need to include a copy of the front and back of her green card.

CASE COMPLETE!!! dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifno0pb.gifno0pb.gifno0pb.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifjest.gif FINALLY!!! after so many delays im finally done!! now did u guys call every day for the interview date or did u wait for the email?

Woohoo, congrats!

Saylin can u please answer this question or anyone with any knowledge of this ? Thanks!

I have a quick question. I am trying to arrange my documents for NVC processing and I have been reading a lot of info from this website. I called NVC last week and they said the case was received on April 29th so I am just waiting for my case number so I can start submitting the documents. All the other documents seems straight forward but I was looking at the DS-230 form and I thought it was for a CR-1 or IR-1 which is same visa category as mine. The sample completed form had the person say that he is single and he didn't give out the spouse's info. I am confused about that...hmm...can anyone explain this to me. I thought u would say that u are married and give out the spouse's info (name, dob, occupation , address (will be the same) and date of marriage). Can anyone tell me where to find an updated sample of DS-230 if this was not one that I need to look at. Thanks!

The DS-230 isn't just used for IR-1/CR-1 visas. They can be used for multiple visa categories, including where the beneficiary can be single (re: IR-5 visas for example). In your case though, as you're applying for an IR-1/CR-1 visa, you'll obviously file as married, and include the spouse's information.

My status changed just like yours. All our paperwork has been turned so maybe just maybe that means a case complete is coming? Did you call them yet to see? I will call after work to see what is happening. It is a little early for case complete on our case but a girl can dream right?

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

2/24/16- Husband received 10 year green card

Starting the process over again for our daughter (IR2):

1/13/16 NOA1 from Potomac Service Center

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Received NVC Case and Invoice Numbers

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/22/16 Invoice for AOS Received. Paid AOS Fee

4/25/16 AOS Fee shows as PAID

4/27/16 Invoice for IV Received. Paid IV Fee

4/29/16 IV Fee Shows as PAID

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/6/16 Sent AOS and IV packages

5/9/16 AOS and IV packages received by NVC

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

8/8/16 Received Interview Date

9/20/16 Interview Date

My status changed just like yours. All our paperwork has been turned so maybe just maybe that means a case complete is coming? Did you call them yet to see? I will call after work to see what is happening. It is a little early for case complete on our case but a girl can dream right?

CASE COMPLETE!!!! CALL THE NVC!!!!!

dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.