Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, folks, I'm so discouraged. Every step of the way I've had to fight them to get things right. Even now they're dragging their heels and making weird mistakes. I'm so tired and lonely.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I guess I'll move to May now...AOS is paid and the electronic package has been emailed to them. Just waiting for them to invoice IV so we can get that moving. Hoping for a July interview (hubby will be in Peru for the month of June).

event.png

USCIS:
07/30/2012 - I-130 Sent
07/31/2012 - NOA1 Received (Petition sent to the dreaded VSC, rec'd by mail 08/17/2012)
03/22/2013 - RFE Received (email, rec'd RFE by mail 3/25)
03/26/2013 - Reply to RFE sent
04/03/2013 - NOA2 Received

NVC:
04/08/2013 - Case arrived at NVC
04/19/2013 - Received case #, IIN, gave e-mail addresses
04/19/2013- OPTIN Email Sent for EP
04/23/2013- DS-261 Sent
04/24/2013 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID
04/25/2013- OPTIN Email Accepted
05/01/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID
04/30/2013 - AOS Package sent
05/03/2013 - AOS/I-864 accepted
05/07/2013 - IV bill invoiced & PAID
05/09/2013 - IV bill appears as PAID
05/09/2013 - IV Package sent
05/22/2013 - Case Complete
07/09/2013 - Interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm sorry, folks, I'm so discouraged. Every step of the way I've had to fight them to get things right. Even now they're dragging their heels and making weird mistakes. I'm so tired and lonely.

:(

What mistakes are they making speewell besides the false checklist?

9/29/06 - Started dating my husband (LDR For 5 years after 6/07)
8/22/12 - Married in Japan
10/10/12 - I-130 Sent (Japan Post)
10/12/12 - Received at Chicago Lock Box
10/15/12 - NOA1(no email, had to call and find out and recieved the hard copy 10/22/12) case at NBC
12/14/12 - NOA2(no email once again,randomly checked it online)
01/07/13 - NVC Case Received
01/25/13 - Case Number assigned and AOS fee billed(somehow NVC didn't write down the proper emails for my husband and I )
3/06/13 - AOS invoice paid!(more like the 4th,when they withdrew the money!)
3/04/13 - DS-3032 email sent
3/13/13 - DS-3032 replied to
3/14/13 - IV invoice billed
3/16/13 - IV invoice bill paid
3/19/13 - NVC withdrew my money(waiting for the PAID STATUS)
3/24/13 - IV invoice officially paid
4/03/13 - Sent AOS and IV (without PCC....doh!) package via next day mail
4/04/13 - AOS & IV Package received
4/16/13 - AOS accepted(found out by phone april 17th)
4/17/13 - NVC wants PCC(found out via phone)CHECKLIST!
4/18/13 - Sent PCC with checklist (cover letter, etc) next day mail
4/19/13 - PCC delivered
4/30/13 - Case Complete(Lord, PLEASE!!! LET ME GET IT BY THE END OF APRIL!!) #### YEAH!
5/13/13- Interview date assigned & received Packet 4
5/16/13- Package left NVC for Tokyo(I assume it will get there in 3days)
5/20/13- Package delivered to Tokyo embassy
5/21/13- Medical

6/10/13- Interview at Tokyo embassy
tuzki-emoticon-030.gif APPROVED!!
6/x/13- Visa received

7/9/13- MY Hubby is coming to good ole Houston, TX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Damn, I lose. Just now I got ANOTHER fake checklist. Yup, a second one. I called the NVC and they said they have not begin to review the DS-230 yet and that I am not being checklisted for anything specific. dry.png

Oh No ! Not a second checklist ! Aiyo !

1325898922540.jpg

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yes, the DS-260 won't be available until the IV fee has cleared. But I wasn't talking about that.

If you haven't opted in yet for EP, then it may just be faster if you mail it in at this point instead of sending in the optin email and waiting for acceptance. But, since you have a lawyer, it probably doesn't matter as they're likely to slow you down anyways regardless of what you do.

Everything that is needed for the two packages is in post 2 (and in the links in post 1). Just ignore the DS-230 for the IV package as you'll be doing the DS-260 online (hopefully soon).

Oooh, awesome! I had no idea this was possible to email the IV separately from the completed DS-260. I'll put this together right away while we're waiting for the IV bill to invoice!

event.png

USCIS:
07/30/2012 - I-130 Sent
07/31/2012 - NOA1 Received (Petition sent to the dreaded VSC, rec'd by mail 08/17/2012)

NVC:
04/23/2013- DS-261 Sent

sad.png

What mistakes are they making speewell besides the false checklist?

Well I haven't been posting everything because it's been such a comedy with them. First they "lost" our file between the USCIS and NVC and lied to us and the Congressional staffer about what happened to it (it turned out it got shipped to the National Benefits Center instead of the National Visa Center and had to be retrieved). Then they gave us a case number at the wrong consulate because some jobsworth thought Northern Ireland wasn't in the UK despire my husband having written UNITED KINGDOM in block capitals in his address. That took time to resolve. Then I was evidently among the first to help them "troubleshoot" the payment portal errors. Then I was given wrong advice about what to include in the AOS packet (at least that got approved, but if I wasn't on this site I wouldn't know what to send my husband to take to the interview). Then someone put on our file at the NVC that we were submitting a DS-260 instead of a DS-230, and it took three calls to get that sorted. On the 23rd, we got a fake checklist by e-mail for the IV package (they had actually received it that day but we know they hadn't reviewed it yet). Now today we received ANOTHER false checklist for no reason. The NVC guy I spoke to told me that nothing is apparently wrong and the IV package has not yet been reviewed and he didn't know why we got two false checklists.

ranting33va.gif

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Well I haven't been posting everything because it's been such a comedy with them. First they "lost" our file between the USCIS and NVC and lied to us and the Congressional staffer about what happened to it (it turned out it got shipped to the National Benefits Center instead of the National Visa Center and had to be retrieved). Then they gave us a case number at the wrong consulate because some jobsworth thought Northern Ireland wasn't in the UK despire my husband having written UNITED KINGDOM in block capitals in his address. That took time to resolve. Then I was evidently among the first to help them "troubleshoot" the payment portal errors. Then I was given wrong advice about what to include in the AOS packet (at least that got approved, but if I wasn't on this site I wouldn't know what to send my husband to take to the interview). Then someone put on our file at the NVC that we were submitting a DS-260 instead of a DS-230, and it took three calls to get that sorted. On the 23rd, we got a fake checklist by e-mail for the IV package (they had actually received it that day but we know they hadn't reviewed it yet). Now today we received ANOTHER false checklist for no reason. The NVC guy I spoke to told me that nothing is apparently wrong and the IV package has not yet been reviewed and he didn't know why we got two false checklists.

ranting33va.gif WOW I feel for you speedwell, I hope things will go smoother for you now! Hang in there!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

ranting33va.gif

..wow...I hope that issue gets resolved as soon as possible! TBH, NVC wrote down both my husband's and I e-mail wrong, but luckily they got one of the 4 we listed correct...

But since nothing is wrong, here's to you getting a CC by the end of the week=)

And you're in Houston? Its getting hotter..ugh summer's comin

9/29/06 - Started dating my husband (LDR For 5 years after 6/07)
8/22/12 - Married in Japan
10/10/12 - I-130 Sent (Japan Post)
10/12/12 - Received at Chicago Lock Box
10/15/12 - NOA1(no email, had to call and find out and recieved the hard copy 10/22/12) case at NBC
12/14/12 - NOA2(no email once again,randomly checked it online)
01/07/13 - NVC Case Received
01/25/13 - Case Number assigned and AOS fee billed(somehow NVC didn't write down the proper emails for my husband and I )
3/06/13 - AOS invoice paid!(more like the 4th,when they withdrew the money!)
3/04/13 - DS-3032 email sent
3/13/13 - DS-3032 replied to
3/14/13 - IV invoice billed
3/16/13 - IV invoice bill paid
3/19/13 - NVC withdrew my money(waiting for the PAID STATUS)
3/24/13 - IV invoice officially paid
4/03/13 - Sent AOS and IV (without PCC....doh!) package via next day mail
4/04/13 - AOS & IV Package received
4/16/13 - AOS accepted(found out by phone april 17th)
4/17/13 - NVC wants PCC(found out via phone)CHECKLIST!
4/18/13 - Sent PCC with checklist (cover letter, etc) next day mail
4/19/13 - PCC delivered
4/30/13 - Case Complete(Lord, PLEASE!!! LET ME GET IT BY THE END OF APRIL!!) #### YEAH!
5/13/13- Interview date assigned & received Packet 4
5/16/13- Package left NVC for Tokyo(I assume it will get there in 3days)
5/20/13- Package delivered to Tokyo embassy
5/21/13- Medical

6/10/13- Interview at Tokyo embassy
tuzki-emoticon-030.gif APPROVED!!
6/x/13- Visa received

7/9/13- MY Hubby is coming to good ole Houston, TX

Timeline

Silly question regarding the inclusion of divorce decrees in the IV package...we need to include divorce decrees from both the beneficiary and the petitioner, not just the beneficiary, right?

The reason I ask is because all the other information that we're sending in at this stage seems to be related just to the beneficiary.

Thanks guys!

event.png

USCIS:
07/30/2012 - I-130 Sent

NVC:
04/23/2013- DS-261 Sent

Silly question regarding the inclusion of divorce decrees in the IV package...we need to include divorce decrees from both the beneficiary and the petitioner, not just the beneficiary, right?

The reason I ask is because all the other information that we're sending in at this stage seems to be related just to the beneficiary.

Thanks guys!

Just the beneficiary. You included the petitioner's in the I-130 packet.

..wow...I hope that issue gets resolved as soon as possible! TBH, NVC wrote down both my husband's and I e-mail wrong, but luckily they got one of the 4 we listed correct...

But since nothing is wrong, here's to you getting a CC by the end of the week=)

And you're in Houston? Its getting hotter..ugh summer's comin

Oh, right, I forgot, they had added someone else's e-mail address to our file one time I called. Glad I caught that one.

Thanks for the good wishes :) I feel much better knowing everyone's kind of got my back here...

LATEST STEPS:

I got June 3rd too!

YAY! Congrats! kicking.gif

OMG!!! Yay! I will see you there maybe?! smile.png

I was thinking of visiting Canada the first week of June, maybe I should stop by the consulate on the 3rd :P I did that last year with another VJ member while I was visiting laughing.gif

case complete & interview scheduled via email.

Never called NVC once - all went incredibly smoothly.

Grats! kicking.gif

Oooh, awesome! I had no idea this was possible to email the IV separately from the completed DS-260. I'll put this together right away while we're waiting for the IV bill to invoice!

Well, the DS-260 is an online application. The IV application is a bunch of documents (certificates, etc).

Thanks guys!

Nope, the IV package is JUST about the beneficiary, so only their divorce certificates are needed. The petitioner's is not needed.

does it matter if i emailed the ds 3032 before sending the aos?

No, the DS-3032 is part of the IV track, which has absolutely nothing to do with the AOS track.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.