kally101

Will significant age difference pose a problem in interview date? Please help!

114 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think our job here as vj members is to help and guide not to judge. She is here requesting our help for her immigration process, I didn't read anything about she requestiong our opinion or our thoughts about her life desicions or why she married her husband. It's her business not ours. Even when is unusual it doesn't mean she entered in a fake marriage. I married my 3rd cousin smile.png and he is the love of my life.

Thank you so much smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

That's right, neither of them have done anything illegal, provided they got married in good faith. They are not proposing to circumvent any laws or do anything else questionable. The OP has been pleasant and willing to listen. We may not agree with them, but we owe them every consideration.

exactly! Couldn't say it better

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

That's right, neither of them have done anything illegal, provided they got married in good faith. They are not proposing to circumvent any laws or do anything else questionable. The OP has been pleasant and willing to listen. We may not agree with them, but we owe them every consideration.

Thank you..

I have learned and thanks to you VJ members for your help and suggestions.. You are right it is now obvious that it is going to be a long process.. I will save as much a I can from now on.. Thanks so much for your suggestions and concern, much appreciated!

Kally,

I dont think they are going to outright deny you,, if they have any doubts or if you do not have a piece of information they ask for they may just request that you provide it or they may hold the case for additional processing so they can do further review of your case.

You husband wont be allowed in the interview but he can certainly accompany you to the interview, but he will have to wait for you in the courtyard. Make sure to tell the IO that he waiting in the courtyard.

Timeline

Kally,

I dont think they are going to outright deny you,, if they have any doubts or if you do not have a piece of information they ask for they may just request that you provide it or they may hold the case for additional processing so they can do further review of your case.

You husband wont be allowed in the interview but he can certainly accompany you to the interview, but he will have to wait for you in the courtyard. Make sure to tell the IO that he waiting in the courtyard.

*sigh* I hope not.. I'll do just that.. Thanks again Judy..

Filed: Other Timeline

OP going thru the thread you seem to be a very manner-able young Miss,

and/or very tolerant, you didn't ask for relationship advice but you

got many without murmur, maybe you are somewhat of a passive nature

(by your postings reply). Just get all you can together & make sure you

are on the same paqe if he goes to interview with you, telling them he

is outside just may let them say go get him....after all this the CO may

not ask for a thing and issue you a visa pronto as long as all docs are

provided.....no one knows....Via Con Dios

Timeline

OP going thru the thread you seem to be a very manner-able young Miss,

and/or very tolerant, you didn't ask for relationship advice but you

got many without murmur, maybe you are somewhat of a passive nature

(by your postings reply). Just get all you can together & make sure you

are on the same paqe if he goes to interview with you, telling them he

is outside just may let them say go get him....after all this the CO may

not ask for a thing and issue you a visa pronto as long as all docs are

provided.....no one knows....Via Con Dios

smile.png Thank you... My mother always told me humility and manners could take me a long way.. Another sigh of relief... I do know a lot about him and he knows a lot about me so if he goes with me and they question us individually I do not think that will be a problem. Oh how am hoping that they will not ask for any or a lot of evidence.. I can only hope though and you are indeed correct "no one knows" It would have been good if it went as you suggested it could go smile.png .. Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

Filed: Timeline

Its seems to me that we got alot of comedians in VJ lol some of your comments keeps cracking me up

anyway enough joke

someone here told me that her age difference is two times more than mine

if you knew what people were telling me about age differences before i started you would have told me to stop but i did not give

i got approved in just 15 mins of interview right now am in my AOS proccess and have an interview next month

what am trying to say is that it is possible

but dont get mad when people here suggest something for you

ask more questions

get to know your man more his past present and future

Good luck

I was the one that said that the age difference is twice yours.

I mean no disrespect but perhaps you should share your packaging with OP so she too can be prepared. I'm certain that you had more than 6 pictures for Lasgidi.

BTW, I would never advice anyone to kill or not start a relationship because of age. Our job here is to guide the OP with our combined experiences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** several posts removed for being OT/ personal attacks or quoting same. Stay civil and post constructive advice, or do not post *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

*sigh* I hope not.. I'll do just that.. Thanks again Judy..

Kally,

I just spoke with an old friend of mine (ex Lime employee) he said you should call the Head Office in Kingston at 926 9700 and explain your situation, tell them its for immigration purposes and explain the importance of the records and they will try to assist.

Hope they can come thru on this request....! Let me know what they say.

Timeline

Kally,

I just spoke with an old friend of mine (ex Lime employee) he said you should call the Head Office in Kingston at 926 9700 and explain your situation, tell them its for immigration purposes and explain the importance of the records and they will try to assist.

OMG Judy you are the best! Thanks much.. i will call and hear what they say and let you know..

Timeline

Kally,

I called Lime and A supervisor told me she would get back to me on Monday and confirm whether or not I will be able to get a print out with incoming calls as she is not sure about incoming calls.. I will let you know once I speak to them on Monday.. Thanks again Judy.

I called Lime and A supervisor told me she would get back to me on Monday and confirm whether or not I will be able to get a print out with incoming calls as she is not sure about incoming calls.. I will let you know once I speak to them on Monday.. Thanks again Judy.

No problem... lets keep our fingers crossed that this works out!

I have an intenational plan with MetroPCS for my cell. I get unlimited international texts and unlimited calls to a landline in Costa Rica.

When I call his cell, I use BOSS REVOLUTION. I set it up on my phone where I just dial the Boss number and it just asks me to enter the number I want to call. Its just like using a calling card but when you hang up, your minutes don't get used up. I can reload from my cell. Its very convenient.

The number you call is just like using a calling card but no PIN number. Your proof of communication would be all the times you dial the number.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Young lady are you joking around or serious? Don't take this the wrong way

I wish you all the best and want to awaken you to the realities of immigrating

you have to get evidences together since you are saying you both been in touch

since 2009.

Its hard for me an outsider to understand it, you have huge red-flags but each post

sends up another, really what young 26 yr old don't love taking pictures , what 73 yr

old on the beach don't want to take pictures, if you tell that to IO ,you deleted his

emails, so can he print some of his and bring to you.If you are an interacial couple

really most Caucasian don't buy/use phone cards they prefer a proper phone plan, do

your family knows him, you keep stressing it was a "private wedding", every post carries

a lame excuse, don't give these lame answers to interviewer.

No offence but you make the scenario seem as if you guys met, he visit often, he wants to

help you out so he says lets get married, and you all just now realize the hoops you have

to go through, the ppl at consulate is taught about each country they go into culture. I

am not saying this is it ok, I am saying get your house in order with the short time you have

maybe its a good idea for him to accompany you to the interview . I hope you are approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.