kally101

Will significant age difference pose a problem in interview date? Please help!

114 posts in this topic

Do you have (or can you get) affidavits from your friends and family and his friends and family attesting to the validity of your relationship?

Have you sent each other presents or gifts or care packages that you can photograph and document (perhaps with credit card receipts for buying the gift and/or mailing it?)

Do you have evidence of his trips? (via airline receipts/itineraries and/or passport stamps - it isnt proof he is coming to see you, but at least supports your claims that he is there consistently)

Do you have email confirmation for other things, like dinner reservations out to eat?

Have you been to the US to visit him? Do you have the evidence for that?

Do you or he have friends that you email who might still have those emails where you reference your spouse?

Do the two of you participate in any online forums or message boards where you could find comments toward each other? Or perhaps posts where one of you reference the other?

When he comes to visit you do your friends or family have any pictures or documentation of the trips?

Do the 2 of you use facebook? (and if so does your status reflect that you are married to each other? do you mention each other in posts or updates?)

Do you ever chat on skype online? (since skype keeps records of calls?)

Does he use a landline with a calling card to call you on a landline or do either of you use a cell phone where the records may be kept online?

Do you live with someone who can attest in an affidavit that you and he talk every other day? or coworkers who know you go off to talk to him regularly?

When he visits do you frequent a particular restaurant or something like that were a waiter or "neutral party" can confirm that you and he are seen together regularly?

Do you ever send each other money?

(trying to help you brainstorm for evidence)

Is this a k1 visa? or AOS?

i knew a couple with 25 years old age difference and they got approved with their k1

they are married now and that couple is me and my wife

Love stretches your heart and makes you BIG inside

i knew a couple with 25 years old age difference and they got approved with their k1

She said they are already married .... so I think they are trying to get a CR-1 ... she is not in the country currently so not AOS (right?)

It'll be fine. As long as you have all the documents needed and all the proofs (Photos, emails, chat logs, remittance, boarding passes, etc.) Good luck! :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Young lady are you joking around or serious? Don't take this the wrong way

I wish you all the best and want to awaken you to the realities of immigrating

you have to get evidences together since you are saying you both been in touch

since 2009.

Its hard for me an outsider to understand it, you have huge red-flags but each post

sends up another, really what young 26 yr old don't love taking pictures , what 73 yr

old on the beach don't want to take pictures, if you tell that to IO ,you deleted his

emails, so can he print some of his and bring to you.If you are an interacial couple

really most Caucasian don't buy/use phone cards they prefer a proper phone plan, do

your family knows him, you keep stressing it was a "private wedding", every post carries

a lame excuse, don't give these lame answers to interviewer.

No offence but you make the scenario seem as if you guys met, he visit often, he wants to

help you out so he says lets get married, and you all just now realize the hoops you have

to go through, the ppl at consulate is taught about each country they go into culture. I

am not saying this is it ok, I am saying get your house in order with the short time you have

maybe its a good idea for him to accompany you to the interview . I hope you are approved.

I know, I know I deserve a major beat down for not using my brain... If our intentions were just for me to get immigration benefits I probably would have put more thought into this.. My husband is a black American citizen and even though its hard to believe I really do hate taking pictures and he doesn't care too much about taking pictures either..We have actually been to the beach together, movies, restaurants, tour sites but just did not think about taking pictures together just to use for evidence and at the time since I hate taking pics I did not see a reason to take any, yup now am living in regret..Again we did have loads and loads of email conversations since 2009 and I went through and deleted telling myself i was cleaning up my email and believe me he does that also.. He saved some of his international calling cards that he used to call me.. I know u suggested not to tell IO these things, but this is whats happening, all of this is the truth and this is what I have to tell them. He knows my family well and I know a lot about his family also.. I can understand where you are coming from but if my husband just merely wanted to help me, would he have spent all that money to come here to see me every three months since 2009? We were ignorant and we will obviously face the consequences but I stated before maybe if our intention was only to help me get a visa just to enter the us then maybe we would have sat down and thought about things like that.. My husband will come for my interview.. Thanks so much for your response, much appreciated!

Timeline

It'll be fine. As long as you have all the documents needed and all the proofs (Photos, emails, chat logs, remittance, boarding passes, etc.) Good luck! smile.png

Thanks alot,, Much appreciated!

It'll be fine. As long as you have all the documents needed and all the proofs (Photos, emails, chat logs, remittance, boarding passes, etc.) Good luck! smile.png

Thanks alot,, Much appreciated!

A little hope now.. Thank you, congrats and much appreciated!

Timeline

Do you have (or can you get) affidavits from your friends and family and his friends and family attesting to the validity of your relationship?

Have you sent each other presents or gifts or care packages that you can photograph and document (perhaps with credit card receipts for buying the gift and/or mailing it?)

Do you have evidence of his trips? (via airline receipts/itineraries and/or passport stamps - it isnt proof he is coming to see you, but at least supports your claims that he is there consistently)

Do you have email confirmation for other things, like dinner reservations out to eat?

Have you been to the US to visit him? Do you have the evidence for that?

Do you or he have friends that you email who might still have those emails where you reference your spouse?

Do the two of you participate in any online forums or message boards where you could find comments toward each other? Or perhaps posts where one of you reference the other?

When he comes to visit you do your friends or family have any pictures or documentation of the trips?

Do the 2 of you use facebook? (and if so does your status reflect that you are married to each other? do you mention each other in posts or updates?)

Do you ever chat on skype online? (since skype keeps records of calls?)

Does he use a landline with a calling card to call you on a landline or do either of you use a cell phone where the records may be kept online?

Do you live with someone who can attest in an affidavit that you and he talk every other day? or coworkers who know you go off to talk to him regularly?

When he visits do you frequent a particular restaurant or something like that were a waiter or "neutral party" can confirm that you and he are seen together regularly?

Do you ever send each other money?

(trying to help you brainstorm for evidence)

We should be able to get affidavits from our friends and family.. We just did not save stuff and I keep beating myself up for that! We had loads of receipts from flowers and jewelry he bought but he gets rid of them after a while.. He does have proof of his trips here, I've never been to the US, I have 2pics ,one with him and my aunt and another with him and one of my sisters, he does not have a facebook and he got skype late 2012 we did converse on their a few times, he usses a landline and calling cards to call my landline most times, he does call my cell sometimes but when I called my carrier and asked for call records they are only able to provide these for the last 3months. When he comes he stays at my house and my aunt who grew me lives here so we should be able to get an affidavit from her also and we do have a restaurant where we go regularly whenever he comes here.. Thanks for your concern..

Timeline

We should be able to get affidavits from our friends and family.. We just did not save stuff and I keep beating myself up for that! We had loads of receipts from flowers and jewelry he bought but he gets rid of them after a while.. He does have proof of his trips here, I've never been to the US, I have 2pics ,one with him and my aunt and another with him and one of my sisters, he does not have a facebook and he got skype late 2012 we did converse on their a few times, he usses a landline and calling cards to call my landline most times, he does call my cell sometimes but when I called my carrier and asked for call records they are only able to provide these for the last 3months. When he comes he stays at my house and my aunt who grew me lives here so we should be able to get an affidavit from her also and we do have a restaurant where we go regularly whenever he comes here.. Thanks for your concern..

We also have records of money he's sent to me..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

How about bank receipts?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Timeline

He never used his card while there?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Timeline

Then the bank should have a list of transactions, showing what he bought, when and where.

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Their age difference is almost double yours, for Nigeria I am sure that you had a marua load of evidences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.