kally101

Will significant age difference pose a problem in interview date? Please help!

114 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As someone mentioned before, your red flags keep increasing the more often you post... think about it from a CO point of view:

No pictures - "because I don't like having my picture taken"

No emails - " I deleted them all, I didn't think about them being important. My husband deleted them all too"

No phone records - "He uses a calling card so no records"

No hotel receipts, or any receipts of doing things together - "He stays with me and we just didn't think to keep receipts"

Etc.... the excuses will most sound fishy.

With the almost 50 year age gap you will most likely have a huge uphill battle. The only suggestion I can think of at this point is, since he is retired have him visit now, and stay through the interview. If they allow him in the embassy - take him with you! If they do not allow him in at least you will have had a few more months face to face, hopefully some pictures with the family by then, etc. At this point every bit will help.

Best of luck!

You are right it really does sound fishy and even though they will not take our word for it I just have to say this is all the truth sounds impossible but from my heart the truth.. He did actually save some of the international calling cards that he used to call me, but will that prove much? *sigh*.. He's always saved our receipts from supermarket, movies, restaurants etc but as I stated before we did not think this thing through.. We did have loads and I mean loads of email conversations that would have been great evidence and since hes been calling me every other night since 2009 if he didn't use calling cards that would have been great evidence also.. We had intended for him to come for the interview but what I'll do is suggest (as u suggested) that he come here now and stay till interview. He was just here in February though and before that it was November.. Thanks much for your input, much appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

You are right it really does sound fishy and even though they will not take our word for it I just have to say this is all the truth sounds impossible but from my heart the truth.. He did actually save some of the international calling cards that he used to call me, but will that prove much? *sigh*.. He's always saved our receipts from supermarket, movies, restaurants etc but as I stated before we did not think this thing through.. We did have loads and I mean loads of email conversations that would have been great evidence and since hes been calling me every other night since 2009 if he didn't use calling cards that would have been great evidence also.. We had intended for him to come for the interview but what I'll do is suggest (as u suggested) that he come here now and stay till interview. He was just here in February though and before that it was November.. Thanks much for your input, much appreciated.

I know he was recently here, but unfortunately because you were not aware of what was important to keep or have for immigration he may now have to "pay the price" of a ticket sooner then he would have liked. This should be one of the most important things in your lives. Show it to the CO by doing what you can now. Yes, you will need to be honest and tell them you don't have a lot of the proof and why, but it may look better if you can also say "He has spent the last few months with me here for support and getting to know my family better"... Just my two cents ;)

Timeline

I know he was recently here, but unfortunately because you were not aware of what was important to keep or have for immigration he may now have to "pay the price" of a ticket sooner then he would have liked. This should be one of the most important things in your lives. Show it to the CO by doing what you can now. Yes, you will need to be honest and tell them you don't have a lot of the proof and why, but it may look better if you can also say "He has spent the last few months with me here for support and getting to know my family better"... Just my two cents ;)

this just makes so much sense to me.. I will call him and make the suggestion not long from now.. We just got to face the consequences for our ignorance. Thanks again so much for your input am glad you responded.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:( ... This makes me sad even though its reality and I do need to be patient... We have no paperwork of that sort, just records of him visiting me and the wedding photos... I will discuss opening a shared bank account with him.. Thanks so much for your response, much appreciated!

I'm not a picture person either, so I don't think we have 5 pics together, but your hubby's tickets ever 3-mths for the past how many years is a damn good evidence. As another person said get yourself a camera or phone and start taking pics all over the place and even get you added to one of his accounts. Don't worry...you won't have any problems proving something true.

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

I'm not a picture person either, so I don't think we have 5 pics together, but your hubby's tickets ever 3-mths for the past how many years is a damn good evidence. As another person said get yourself a camera or phone and start taking pics all over the place and even get you added to one of his accounts. Don't worry...you won't have any problems proving something true.

Another sigh of relief.. Experience teaches wisdom..I am going to see what we can put together from now.. Thanks so much for your response! Much appreciated.. :)

First, please fill in your timeline so we can provide more useful information and it helps others understand timing that could also impact them.

The lack of evidence would concern me greatly when there is a red flag as well.

So ... your 130 was approved already. Did your husband need to attend a standard interview? What is his local office (or where was the 130 adjudicated?) Do you have any inadmissibilities for which you would need a waiver?

How did you and your husband meet?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Your chances are very slim. Did he put you on his will, add you to his cards?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Timeline

Based on what was said by VJers on a similar case previously and what you have said so far you need to be careful that the CO does nto think that he is just a USC that is trying to help a friend come over.

I understand and this is why I am so concerned.. Thanks much for input, much appreciated!

Timeline

Your chances are very slim. Did he put you on his will, add you to his cards?

Wow! I know its reality but this sure didn't make me feel so right at all.. In answer to your questions , nope.. What cards?

Timeline

First, please fill in your timeline so we can provide more useful information and it helps others understand timing that could also impact them.

The lack of evidence would concern me greatly when there is a red flag as well.

So ... your 130 was approved already. Did your husband need to attend a standard interview? What is his local office (or where was the 130 adjudicated?) Do you have any inadmissibilities for which you would need a waiver?

How did you and your husband meet?

Yes I am living in regret mostly because we did not take any pics together.. And to answer your questions respectively.. My I-130 has already been approved and we are now at the DS-230 stage, no , Vermont service center, no , introduced by a relative..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Pictures are not just secondary evidence at our embassy. They are proof of your relationship being around other people. Take pictures of you being out and about,in JA, but pictures of you being around friends and family. They asked who was in our pictures and what is their relationship to us. Such as family, friends, even my husband's dogs. They want to see your life as husband and wife told through pictures. Remember you are proving to them a real relationship.

I read through a couple pages of this thread with people saying pictures are just secondary until I got to your post. Your are 100% correct. Pictures were not considered secondary in my case. I lived with my wife in Bangkok for 2+ years. I had 100+ entry stamps for Thailand in my passport. we gave them all that and 5 photos. They said that wasn't enough, and gave my wife 221g at the interview saying they wanted more photos. We simply ran around Bangkok and took a bunch of photos that day and turned them in the next day and she got the visa.

Point is, it's whatever the CO feels like accepting as evidence. I don't know much about the consulate in Jamaica, but that age difference would be a huge red flag in most countries. If they think that that the relationship is SOLELY to obtain an immigration benefit, you can forget it.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Wow! I know its reality but this sure didn't make me feel so right at all.. In answer to your questions , nope.. What cards?

Credit cards?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Timeline

I read through a couple pages of this thread with people saying pictures are just secondary until I got to your post. Your are 100% correct. Pictures were not considered secondary in my case. I lived with my wife in Bangkok for 2+ years. I had 100+ entry stamps for Thailand in my passport. we gave them all that and 5 photos. They said that wasn't enough, and gave my wife 221g at the interview saying they wanted more photos. We simply ran around Bangkok and took a bunch of photos that day and turned them in the next day and she got the visa.

Point is, it's whatever the CO feels like accepting as evidence. I don't know much about the consulate in Jamaica, but that age difference would be a huge red flag in most countries. If they think that that the relationship is SOLELY to obtain an immigration benefit, you can forget it.

Oh well it is now completely obvious that I have a lot to worry about.. I would have thought that the fact that you lived with your wife for 2+ years would have been proof enough but apparently now *sigh*. I was thinking that since we have records of my husband's visits here since 2009 that would have helped us but now that thought has been crushed.. And you are indeed correct when you stated >>>>"Point is, it's whatever the CO feels like accepting as evidence"... Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience, much appreciated!

Credit cards?

Nope

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.