christmasliturgychurchoez7.jpg

View of Jerusalem from the Church of Dominus Flevit:

jesusweptoverjerusalemlsv1.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Beautiful pictures!

Thanks for sharing.

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think Hicham really likes the cultural aspect of Christmas... or what I mean is that non religious aspect haha such as presents and chocolate and cookies.

He can't wait to open his advent calander!

I think Hicham really likes the cultural aspect of Christmas... or what I mean is that non religious aspect haha such as presents and chocolate and cookies.

He can't wait to open his advent calander!

:lol: thats great!!! I can just see it!!!

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Palestine - Eid El-Burbara (Celebrated in Jordan and other ME/NA countries as well)

With the destruction of the remains of the shrine of Saint Barbara in Aboud, the last vestiges of this legendary figure in the Holy Land have been destroyed. But many people in Palestine do not know the feast known as Eid El-Burbara, celebrated on December 16th every year, is actually the feast of Saint Barbara. Traditionally, a sweet pudding-like dish known as burbara is prepared by women all over the country. The pudding consists of shelled and cooked kernels of wheat seasoned to taste with sugar, cinnamon, fennel and anis and decorated with dried, seedless raisins.

The legend of Saint Barbara is, perhaps not surprisingly, related to martyrdom. Known as a virgin martyr, Barbara's name does not appear in St. Jerome's (AD 340-420) martyrology. However, the Orthodox tradition has her down as martyr since the sixth century, when the Byzantine Church of Saint Barbara is believed to have been built in Aboud. It was during the 9th century that stories of legendary acts ascribed to Saint Barbara were included in the collection of Symeon Metaphrastes. According to both local folklore in Aboud and the written narratives by church historians, Barbara was the daughter of a wealthy Roman named Dioscorus. Local Aboud lore has it that she fell in love with an early Christian and converted in secrecy. Her father, a pagan, the story goes, had her put to death when she refused to recant. In the more westernised version of this story, her father first has her shut up in a tower with only two windows, which she secretly converted to three as a symbol of the Holy Trinity. Her father has her dragged before the courts after she confessed to her conversion and had her tortured in prison. Her father, or so the story goes, was killed by lightening after beheading his daughter. Barbara was allegedly executed along with her friend and fellow Christian Juliana, who also joined the ranks of martyrs. The sick and weak came to their graves in search of comfort and healing. There is a controversy as to where Barbara's martyrdom took place. According to one legend it is in Heliopolis in Egypt while others cite Nicomedia, near Izmit, in modern Turkey.

While the facts concerning Saint Barbara are often disputed, it is quite certain that she was venerated in both the East and West as early as the seventh century. As a result of her father's death by lightening, she has often been associated with protection from the dangers of thunderstorms and fire, sudden death and later by analogy, as the protector of artillerymen and miners. When gunpowder was introduced in the Western world, Saint Barbara was invoked as a protector from accidents resulting from explosions. In those early days artillery pieces often blew up instead of firing their projectile.

In the United States military, the Order of Saint Barbara is one of high honour. Both U.S. marine and army field artillery, along with their military and civilian supporters, are eligible for membership in the Order of Saint Barbara. The ancient Order of Saint Barbara and those who are selected for this honour have achieved long-term, exceptional service to field artillery. Ordnancemen of all races and nationalities have claimed Barbara as their patron saint. To this day the powder storage rooms of warships in France are called Sainte-Barbe.

This holiday is actually celebrated on the 4th by the Greek Orthodox. We did this yesterday, my Grams made Burbara and my whole family came over for it. It was alot of fun and so yummy!!!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

cool thread folks! :thumbs:

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Timeline
Interesting stuff about St. Barbara, JP!!

Glad the burbara was good, LOL!!! Sounds a bit like cream of wheat ;)

:D

Its very similar but the wheat is cooked whole. I have some sitting next to me, afternoon snack lol. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Interesting stuff about St. Barbara, JP!!

Glad the burbara was good, LOL!!! Sounds a bit like cream of wheat ;)

:D

Its very similar but the wheat is cooked whole. I have some sitting next to me, afternoon snack lol. :star:

And you aren't sharing??? :no::o;)

:devil:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

wow JP that picture looks pretty cool. Always like those jordanian blue skies they make the pictures look awesome I have a few.

Well today we went christmas shopping. As always spent a lot of money, but we had fun doing it. Both me and Anmar wanted to buy christmas gifts for each other but of course we couldn't because then we would know what we bought each other, so now i have to go look for something unexpected for him. I should just have him do a christmas list seemed like he wanted a lot of things for christmas. :lol::lol:

Timeline
wow JP that picture looks pretty cool. Always like those jordanian blue skies they make the pictures look awesome I have a few.

Well today we went christmas shopping. As always spent a lot of money, but we had fun doing it. Both me and Anmar wanted to buy christmas gifts for each other but of course we couldn't because then we would know what we bought each other, so now i have to go look for something unexpected for him. I should just have him do a christmas list seemed like he wanted a lot of things for christmas. :lol::lol:

Thanks! I absoulutly fell in love with this photo when I saw it. My assistant sent it to me. At first I said ohhh I went there and stayed quiet. Then she kept looking at me and said don't you see the sheep???? I didn't even notice them, it looks so normal to me.. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I LOVE your siggy pic, JP !!! It reminds me of the time I saw a guy galloping through downtown Ramallah on a camel.... but drat I couldn't get to the camera in time.

Here are some more scenes from the Holy Land...

Bethlehem Christmas lights:

bethlehemchristmaslightgf6.jpg

Palestinian girl watching Christmas show, Bethlehem:

palestiniangirlchristmavc5.jpg

Santa with Palestinian children at the Church of the Nativity:

santaatchurchofnativityzd0.jpg

Tatreez (Palestinian embroidery) Christmas stocking

tatreezchristmasstockinbo7.jpg

Palestinian children lighting candles in the Church of the Nativity:

childrenlightingcandlesaj5.jpg

Christmas celebration, Church of the Nativity:

christmascelebrationnatmv1.jpg

Filling the lamp in the Grotto of the Nativity:

fillingthelampinthegrotek6.jpg

Palestinian Angel

wingedmanbethlehemwb0.jpg

Young Palestinian gunshot victims receive Christmas gifts:

gunshotvictimsreceivegiur8.jpg

Bethlehem inside the Wall:

bethleheminsidethewallkb9.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Wow I am tired, got my tree up today :dance: finally, LOL. One tradition we have is building a nativity. We use cardboard, lights, paperbags, and alot of patience. It took me about 3 hours to do this one but I am quite happy with the results. We usually build it under the tree, but I tried something different this year and did it on the fireplace since we don't use it anyway.

The NativityDSC00239.jpg

Tree & Nativity

DSC00241.jpg

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.