NikLR

Panel physicians

41 posts in this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The staff at Dr. Seiden’s office were very nice and everything went fairly smoothly with a minimum of waiting. I would recommend them.

The shots that we required didn’t seem any more expensive than what Alberta Health charged for them.

The staff at Dr. Seiden’s office were very nice and everything went fairly smoothly with a minimum of waiting. I would recommend them.

The shots that we required didn’t seem any more expensive than what Alberta Health charged for them.

They charged you for shots at a health clinic? Weird.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

They charged you for shots at a health clinic? Weird.

Because CDC requires 18 year olds to be immunized against 4 types of Meningitis and my kid was only immunized in AB against 1 (Men C) and then in BC against 2 (Men A&C) she had to get a shot that cost me $125. My dTap booster was free.

Her 2nd Varicella vaccine at Dr. Seiden’s cost $115. Apparently CDC and Cdn standards differ - she was vaccinated when she was 12 and because of that required a 2nd one.

The ones that are considered “travel vaccinations” because they are over and above Cdn ones - you have to pay for.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Because CDC requires 18 year olds to be immunized against 4 types of Meningitis and my kid was only immunized in AB against 1 (Men C) and then in BC against 2 (Men A&C) she had to get a shot that cost me $125. My dTap booster was free.

Her 2nd Varicella vaccine at Dr. Seiden’s cost $115. Apparently CDC and Cdn standards differ - she was vaccinated when she was 12 and because of that required a 2nd one.

The ones that are considered “travel vaccinations” because they are over and above Cdn ones - you have to pay for.

is pertussis considered a travel vaccination?

They wanted to charge to $60 for the first varicella one because they told me the canadian gov't only pays for those that are born after the year 2000.

oldlady.gif

is pertussis considered a travel vaccination?

They wanted to charge to $60 for the first varicella one because they told me the canadian gov't only pays for those that are born after the year 2000.

I’m not sure. AB might be different from ON. The public health nurse should know what is free and what you have to pay for.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html This says Tetanus and Diphtheria are required in addition to Pertussis. The combo shot is for all 3.

You could call Dr. Seiden’s office and see what is required. It would suck for hubby to get a Pertussis shot and then find out that it has to be a combo shot because of the Diphtheria requirement.

Edited by hikergirl

Oh weird.

Good to know though if the monster ever wants to move down.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I’m not sure. AB might be different from ON. The public health nurse should know what is free and what you have to pay for.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html This says Tetanus and Diphtheria are required in addition to Pertussis. The combo shot is for all 3.

You could call Dr. Seiden’s office and see what is required. It would suck for hubby to get a Pertussis shot and then find out that it has to be a combo shot because of the Diphtheria requirement.

Maybe i'll call my husband's doctor then, because there's a spot for all 3 to be checked and only t & d are checked off

oldlady.gif

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Dr. Lee has a very rude receptionist. I called before Christmas to make an appointment for my interview Jan 30th. The woman on the phone is a very quick talker and is hard to understand. She was very short with me as if she couldn't wait to get off the phone. She said they will not make any appointments till after the new year. So I called again after the New Year. The lady asked for my interview date and said she can book me for the 8th however, i wanted my appointment to be Jan 15th since i am visiting my Husband in the USA. She rudely told me to call back next week on Monday, since they were not booking anything that far in advance (it was only 2 weeks in advance).

I called back on Monday (today) and I tried to make an appointment she then told me it takes them 10 days to get results in and that the only available appt was the 15th which now I know is too short of a time to get my results. I was unaware of the 10-day wait period since they are only taking one vile of blood. I wish she would have informed me when I called the first time about the 10 day wait. I asked if she could squeeze me in at an earlier time but she was booked (even though she told me to call today). She basically screwed me over; I didn’t want to argue with her since it was hard to understand her anyways.

Now I am struggling to find someone to make an appointment with anyone in Ontario. Seems like phones are too heavy to pick up.

I would make the appointment in Montreal. Takes 3 days to get the results back after the appointment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** closing zombie thread that started almost two years ago. Please start your own thread about you own case/ question ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.