Pedrito Papa

CFO - Need Advise

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's a good point and yes we did ammend her passport to her married name 18 years ago. We had to go to the CFO then too and my wife remembers the certificat she got there. Unfortunatley we don't have it anymore or the passport with the maiden name that would of had the sticker. My wife will go there on Monday to talk to them about it.

We talked to the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong. They said if you report your marriage today you can get the Report of Marriage the next day.

If you already had a certificate and sticker before, then maybe you can just request for a new sticker for the new passport. When I went to get my certificate, they told me that that is my certificate for life unless I get married to a different person other than the petitioner. The certificate should have been transferred from the old passport to the new one.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you already had a certificate and sticker before, then maybe you can just request for a new sticker for the new passport. When I went to get my certificate, they told me that that is my certificate for life unless I get married to a different person other than the petitioner. The certificate should have been transferred from the old passport to the new one.

I sure hope so. That would be great. My wife will go to CFO on Monday and try.

I sure hope so. That would be great. My wife will go to CFO on Monday and try.

apple21 has a good idea. I hope you keep us posted about what happens.

Good luck at the CFO. Looks like you've got it covered.

Our K1 Timeline

August 31, 2012 ...........NOA1
April 19, 2013................NOA2

May 2, 2013...................MNL # Available

June 3, 2013..................Interview

June 18, 2013................POE Dallas

AOS Timeline

July 26, 2013.................NOA I-485

August 27, 2013............Biometrics

September 5, 2013.......Notice of Interview date (October 15)

September 30, 2013.....EAD/AP Combo card in hand.

October 15, 2013..........AOS Interview

October 22, 2013..........AOS Approved & Green Card Production Ordered

November 1, 2013........Green Card in hand!

ROC Timeline

August 12, 2015............NOA

August 31, 2015............Biometrics

March 7, 2016...............Card Production Ordered

March 11, 2016.............I55 Stamp

March 12, 2016.............Green Card in hand!

Citizenship Timeline

March 6, 2017...............NOA

March 27, 2017.............Biometrics

June 20, 2018...…………..Interview

July 13,  2018...…………..Oath Ceremony

I just got a message from my wife. She is at the CFO now. She explained our story, but when the CFO staff checked they said there is no record that she got a certificate in 1995. My wife kept telling them there had to be, because she was there and recieved a certificate then. Eventually they found it. It was issued in April 21, 1995. They told here she could make an affidavit of loss, submit it and it would take 45 minutes to make a new certificate. My wife said the CFO people were friendly through all this. So it looks like we will soon be through with this barring any further surprises which is a possibility until she has the certificate in her hand and a stamp in her passport.

That's great news.

Yes, it is. I would like to thank everyone who commented on this. Your comments were very helpful in helping us formulate a strategy to approach the CFO with on this. It is hard to remember exactly what happened and who we reported to 18 years ago, but all of your comments helped to jog our memories. Thanks again.

I will post again when we have the CFO certificate and passport stamp in our hands. I hope there are no more surprises.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got a message from my wife. She is at the CFO now. She explained our story, but when the CFO staff checked they said there is no record that she got a certificate in 1995. My wife kept telling them there had to be, because she was there and recieved a certificate then. Eventually they found it. It was issued in April 21, 1995. They told here she could make an affidavit of loss, submit it and it would take 45 minutes to make a new certificate. My wife said the CFO people were friendly through all this. So it looks like we will soon be through with this barring any further surprises which is a possibility until she has the certificate in her hand and a stamp in her passport.

Good luck! :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Goodluck and update us soon!

N-400 Timeline:

Applied online - 07/24/19 

Receipt notice - 07/24/19

Biometrics notice online - 07/26/19

Biometrics - 08/12/19

Interview notice - 11/22/19

Interview - 01/02/20

Oath Notice - 01/07/20

Oathtaking - 01/22/20 

Estimated Completion Time: May 2020 (10 months from date applied :clock:)

COMPLETED 4 MONTHS EARLIER!!!! :dance: :dance:

US Passport Timeline for myself and my daughter (derivative):

Applied at our local USPS - 02/15/2020

US DoS Received application - 02/19/2020

Online Status (In Process)

Application Status (Approved) - 03/03/2020

Application Status (Shipped) - 03/03/2020

Received both passports - 03/05/2020

IF YOU HAVE DERIVATIVE/S, YOU CAN APPLY FOR PASSPORTS AT THE SAME TIME AT THE POST OFFICE USING JUST 1 ORIGINAL NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE!!!

I-130 Petition for Parents Timeline IR-5:

Applied online - 01/24/2020 (Priority Date 01/24/2020)

NOA1 - 01/24/2020 (IOE******* and was assigned Potomac Service Center current processing time 7.5 - 9.5)

Touched - 01/28/2020; Touched - 02/15/2020

Status Changed for Dad’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/15/2021

Status Changed for Mom’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/19/2021

NOA2 - Dad’s - 01/19/2021         Mom’s - 01/20/2021

NVC Received - Dad’s - 01/22/2021 MNL*** assigned       Mom's - 01/23/2021 MNL*** assigned

AOS Bill - Paid 1 AOS for 2 related cases 01/23/2021 (ceac shows in process) 01/27/2021 (ceac shows PAID) ($120)

Complete I-864ez form -  01/30/2021

Pay IV Bill - 01/28/2021 for both (in process) ($325 each) showed PAID 01/29/2021

Submit Civil Documents -uploaded on 01/31/2021

Case Completed at NVC - both parents DQ'd 04/06/2021

Expedite Request - 09/03/2021 Expedite Under Review -10/21/2021 Expedite Approved - 10/25/2021 Swab RT-PCR 12/26/2021Medical clear 1 day 12/28/2021 Interview Appointment Date thru CGI 03/07/2022 passed Visa on Hand  03/10/2022 PDOS CFO 03/15/2022 Paid Green Cards 04/04/2022 POE 04/18/2022(Chicago O’Hare)

^^^ good.gifgood.gif

Yes, it is. I would like to thank everyone who commented on this. Your comments were very helpful in helping us formulate a strategy to approach the CFO with on this. It is hard to remember exactly what happened and who we reported to 18 years ago, but all of your comments helped to jog our memories. Thanks again.

I will post again when we have the CFO certificate and passport stamp in our hands. I hope there are no more surprises.

^^^ Excellent news about the replacement sticker! star_smile.gif

Keep us posted.

Mission accomplished. This morning my wife got a new CFO Certificate and Stamp in her passport. We are all set to move to the U.S. in July. Thanks again to everyone who commented on this thread. You were a great help!!!

Hello Sir and Mam, my apology to butt in to your topic. but if i may ask, i got married in the US where there's no available nearby Philippine Consulate (Texas). I have my original and photocopy of my marriage contract with me and plan to attend the CFO tomorrow and my flight will be on May 20....

Does that mean that we have to report our US marriage to Philippine Consulate in US?

thank you very much for the help

08.20.2016 - ROC Complete

N-400 - NATURALIZATION

02.24.2016 - Packet Sent thru USPS Priority Mail

02.26.2016 - Packet received, signed by K.Coltrin

03.01.2016 - Check cashed

03.01.2016 - NOA1 received by text and email

03.24.2016 - Bio metrics

04.21.2016 - In Line for Interview

05.25.2016 - Case Updated: Interview Scheduled

06.30.2016 - Interview Result: "A Decision cannot be made yet"

07.07.2016 - Received Text, "Oath Ceremony has been scheduled"

07.21.2016 - Oath Taking

07.21.2016 - ITS OFFICIAL .. IM A US CITIZEN :dancing: :idea: :goofy:

Hello Sir and Mam, my apology to butt in to your topic. but if i may ask, i got married in the US where there's no available nearby Philippine Consulate (Texas). I have my original and photocopy of my marriage contract with me and plan to attend the CFO tomorrow and my flight will be on May 20....

Does that mean that we have to report our US marriage to Philippine Consulate in US?

thank you very much for the help

Hello,

Yes, evidentally Filipinos married outside the Philippines are supposed to report their marriages to the Philippine Consulate in the country where they married withing 12 months of getting married. My wife and I were married in Hong Kong eighteen years ago. When we came back to the Philippines shortly after getting married we changed her name in her Philippine Passport from her maiden name to her married name. We had to get the CFO certificate to do that. We were required to go to the Hong Kong Consulate in Manila and get a "blue ribbon authenticated copy" of our marriage contract to satisfy the CFO at the time. I believe you may be able to get a "blue ribbon copy" of your marriage contract from the US Embasy in Manila.

You better go to the CFO as soon as possible I find out from them what they require from you. Just explain your situation and travel plans. Stay calm and get them to help you. Good luck. Post back here and maybe we can help you if you need it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.