jenni17

Affadivit of Support

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

HI Everyone,

I saw someone else on here posting about the affidavit of support and the responses mentioned that you must provide 3 months of pay stubs plus W2s. After graduating from college I moved to Peru to be with my fiance while on a Fulbright grant. Afterwards i stayed for a few months to volunteer and recently returned to the US in Feb. The plan was that rather than staying in Peru with him until our K-1 was approved I would move back to the US ahead of him to look for work in order to qualify to sponsor him. I worked part time for the past 3 months while applying for jobs and I finally have a job offer for a position, the salary of which will put me well over the 125% poverty qualifications. My concern is that, since it's a new job I definitely won't yet have a W2 that states my yearly income. I can ask for a letter from my employer and bring my pay stubs up until the interview, but depending on when we get our NOA2 that may be a little short of 3 months. My question is do you think that a letter from my employer and as many check stubs as I have plus bank account statements will suffice? Or should I ask my mother to co-sponsor just in case? Would it help to bring my W2s from previous years even though at that time, since I was a student, I wasn't making above the 125% poverty line?

Any help would be appreciated!! And congrats to everyone at CSC who has been included in this flood of NOA2's!! Your excitement is contagious!! I hope that VSC gets to November filers soon!!

Jen

Timeline

A conservative suggestion would be to bring paperwork for a joint sponsor to the interview just in case the VO thinks it's needed.

Timeline

A conservative suggestion would be to bring paperwork for a joint sponsor to the interview just in case the VO thinks it's needed.

Thanks for the help, guys!! This is what i was thinking of doing just to cover all bases.. just didnt know if i was overdoing it... i guess it's always best to play it safe though!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.