rjm_cmyk

UK Vaccination Records

38 posts in this topic

I am under the impression that there is no expiry on the MMR, you just have to of had two lots of it (one would be a booster...)

That's right! As long as you got 2 doses (within a year of each other), you're good for life. :)

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well just got back from my GP (practice nurse). She gave me the appropriate tdap but wouldn't give me an MMR before she'd checked my paper records which (to my surprise) they actually do have in the basement. So she's going to call me. Now I just need to double check if there's a time expiry on MMR because if I did have it , it was a long time ago being born in '57.

And there was no charge - I will sooo miss the NHS.

It helped that the nurse may well be moving to Seattle with her partner.

MMR requirement has a cut off date, you may not need it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I remember an occasion 20 years ago when my mother admitted to keeping all my old vaccination records (and grade school reports and the like), and I said "why on earth would I ever need them?". She threw them out when they retired and moved to a smaller place. Ah, hindsight is a wonderful thing!

My GP surgery won't give me the MMR for free as I'm not in a risk group, so I paid £115 at a private clinic (Medicentre Victoria Station, London) to get a blood test confirming that I had the antibodies (i.e. proof that I was immunised as a child) so I don't have to have the vaccinations again (would have cost the same). Costly but easy to arrange.

My GP has given me a Tdap booster (as it's been 11 years since my last one and I told them I'm travelling to Turkey in a couple of months), and printed that out for me.

But there is no way I can get a complete medical history - I grew up in Australia and the GP practice I went to as a child has closed down, and the ones I went to when moving around after leaving school - well, I can't remember them all anyway, even if they're still in business. I can get a printout from my current GP but that will only be the last 8 years' worth of (very limited) history, I think apart from travel vaccinations and pap smears, I've only seen a GP twice. Will this be a problem?

(I spent 3 hours on google streetview the other night trying to figure out the house numbers and street names of all the places I've lived so I am ready to complete the forms. And that's places I actually lived - trying to figure out where my GP surgeries were is impossible!)

Nobody needs a printout of their medical records. Seriously!

If you have now or have had a serious condition like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, stroke, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, clinical depression, brain surgery... then the doctor at Knightsbridge will want to know about it in medical terms, not your telling. So your doc can write a half page summary of when diagnosed, the medical terms of the diagnoses, how it was treated or what meds you are on, your cure or prognosis, etc.

And MMR is two doses. They didn't have to be a year apart. Those born in 1956 or earlier are presumed immune so no requirement. (Sorry Marmite). If you had two as a child, you pass. If you had one as a child, get another. If you had zero or no record, then get one less than 28 days before your medical and you will be given the waiver for "insufficient time interval" because it would be a health risk to have two MMRs close together.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Yerss - as a '57 baby I'm expecting to get it - possibly because I never had it or more likely because there's no record of it.

Richard

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Not convinced you need it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I can only go by the requirements i.e born in 57 or later you need proof of MMR vaccination. If I can't prove it I don't meet the AOS requirements. Seems pretty simple to me.

Richard

event.png

event.png

Timeline

So they just got you, could not remember the cut off date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.