Sammy101

DS-230 processing time/ Could someone please respond and share experiences.. I beg of you!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

go to Saylin site and here you go for the answers :thumbs:

Do I get an email if my packages have been accepted?

No, not that I have seen. You have to call NVC every day and ask for updates on your case to find out if a package has been reviewed and accepted.

Note: If you're in the EP program, lately people have been getting acceptance emails.

Do I get an email when my case is completed?

Generally, no. Only those doing EP (electronic processing) get the case complete emails. There are some non-EP folk that get case complete emails, but it's rare. Again, to find out if your case is complete, call an operator at NVC and ask.

After the case is completed, what happens?

In most cases: the case is put in a queue to get an interview date scheduled. Once an interview date is scheduled, the case is shipped out to the consulate/embassy.

Who should I be calling to find out my interview date?

You should be calling both NVC and DOS. Both have access to your case information. Their numbers are linked above.

How long does it take to get an interview date after a case complete?

This varies by country and consulate/embassy. Some people find out within a day or two, others a few weeks, then the few unfortunate that wait a few months (ex: Ghana). To get the best estimate for YOUR country is to search, using the timeline feature, when others got case completes and when they got their interview dates scheduled.

When do interview dates get scheduled?

If you talk to operators at NVC, they'll always tell you they ONLY schedule during the second week of each month. This is a LIE. They schedule interviews ALL month long. Many people (like myself) have gotten scheduled during the last week of the month. I repeat, they schedule ALL month long.

How long does it take for NVC to mail my case out after getting an interview date scheduled?

Usually it's the next day, but it can take up to a week or more in rare cases.

Is it possible to get a tracking number for my green card after POE?

Yes it is! Follow VJ member Darnell's advice:

"Call USCIS, get a human, ask for the TRACKING NUMBER on the green card.

Yes, such a thing exists, and they will give it to you when asked.

Timeline

go to Saylin site and here you go for the answers :thumbs:

Do I get an email if my packages have been accepted?

No, not that I have seen. You have to call NVC every day and ask for updates on your case to find out if a package has been reviewed and accepted.

Note: If you're in the EP program, lately people have been getting acceptance emails.

Do I get an email when my case is completed?

Generally, no. Only those doing EP (electronic processing) get the case complete emails. There are some non-EP folk that get case complete emails, but it's rare. Again, to find out if your case is complete, call an operator at NVC and ask.

After the case is completed, what happens?

In most cases: the case is put in a queue to get an interview date scheduled. Once an interview date is scheduled, the case is shipped out to the consulate/embassy.

Who should I be calling to find out my interview date?

You should be calling both NVC and DOS. Both have access to your case information. Their numbers are linked above.

How long does it take to get an interview date after a case complete?

This varies by country and consulate/embassy. Some people find out within a day or two, others a few weeks, then the few unfortunate that wait a few months (ex: Ghana). To get the best estimate for YOUR country is to search, using the timeline feature, when others got case completes and when they got their interview dates scheduled.

When do interview dates get scheduled?

If you talk to operators at NVC, they'll always tell you they ONLY schedule during the second week of each month. This is a LIE. They schedule interviews ALL month long. Many people (like myself) have gotten scheduled during the last week of the month. I repeat, they schedule ALL month long.

How long does it take for NVC to mail my case out after getting an interview date scheduled?

Usually it's the next day, but it can take up to a week or more in rare cases.

Is it possible to get a tracking number for my green card after POE?

Yes it is! Follow VJ member Darnell's advice:

"Call USCIS, get a human, ask for the TRACKING NUMBER on the green card.

Yes, such a thing exists, and they will give it to you when asked.

Thanks for your response and suggestion.. I will do that now! Much appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** four topics on the same issue merged and three others without answers removed. DO NOT post more than once on an issue. If you have extra info or a follow on question, post it as a repy to the original topic *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

My husband & I are currently at this same stage of the process. I sent the DS-230 along with all of my husbands required doc via Fed-Ex on 4/5/13. It was delivered & signed for on 4/9/13. I called NVC on 4/19/13 & spoke with a representative. She said they received my AOS (I sent & paid for this back in Feb.) She said they were still waiting on our DS-230, I told her when FedEx delivered it & that it was signed for & she said it takes up to 20 days. So as of 4/19/13 our DS-230 had not yet been worked & we are still waiting. I've explained to my husband that we should possibly hear something by 4/29/13 no later that 4/30/13. Hope my experience helps with your question.

Timeline

My husband & I are currently at this same stage of the process. I sent the DS-230 along with all of my husbands required doc via Fed-Ex on 4/5/13. It was delivered & signed for on 4/9/13. I called NVC on 4/19/13 & spoke with a representative. She said they received my AOS (I sent & paid for this back in Feb.) She said they were still waiting on our DS-230, I told her when FedEx delivered it & that it was signed for & she said it takes up to 20 days. So as of 4/19/13 our DS-230 had not yet been worked & we are still waiting. I've explained to my husband that we should possibly hear something by 4/29/13 no later that 4/30/13. Hope my experience helps with your question.

It sure did help to give me an idea as to how long they may take to review the DS-230.. So it has been approximately 10 business days since they received your package? From my other responses I learned that in some cases it takes 9-10 business days.. Hope you'll get a case complete soon..

Thanks you for sharing your experience, much appreciated. :)

*** four topics on the same issue merged and three others without answers removed. DO NOT post more than once on an issue. If you have extra info or a follow on question, post it as a repy to the original topic *****

Thanks for helping.. I am now getting the hang of this..

I actually did not know that I could have emailed them.. Now I wish I had known..

Sammy, if your interview is in Kingston you cannot email the IV as Kingston does not participate in online processing. You can send your IV packet by any courier of choice and get a tracking number and track the package.

NVC will advise 20 days for processing,in most cases it is processed before the 20days that they advise.

Timeline

Sammy, if your interview is in Kingston you cannot email the IV as Kingston does not participate in online processing. You can send your IV packet by any courier of choice and get a tracking number and track the package.

NVC will advise 20 days for processing,in most cases it is processed before the 20days that they advise.

About emailing IV, so I eventually learned Judy... I do hope it will take less than 20days.. :)

Thanks for your response, much appreciated :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh ok.. Thank you!

So, what you learn, after studying Saylin's Spreadsheet ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

How comes you didn't email them instead? sending it through the post can take a while before you get a response...

I think I differ with that after going through the NVC process. Emails to them are dead slow to get a response

(as in a week or weeks to get a reply). Calling them is the rapid way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.