VolcarSS

NVC Response Time

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Folks, A question for the NVC experts. On an average how long does NVC take to respond to an e-mail inquire. I submitted an inquire (via e-mail) on Monday, April 15, 2013 regarding I-130 Petitions filed by our daughter who is a US Citizen for my wife and I (her parents). Both petitions were approved by the USCIS and forwarded to NVC the Notice date is March 12, 2013. Consequently. as stated I submitted an e-mail inquire, however, to date I have not had the courtesy of NVC response, ergo, I am wondering whether there is a specific time period for them to respond,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

When we had a question about our K1 petition, it took them 2 weeks to get back to us. That was last September though.

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

It's always faster to call. Emails are answered in the order they are received.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Took them 9 days to respond last time I sent them an email. It was a generic question though and not about the status of my petition/application. I would wager those might take a bit longer since they have to contact USCIC before they get back with you.

12-14-2012 I-130 Submitted
12-17-2012 NOA1
12-21-2012 Touched
03-21-2013 NOA2 (94 days)

05-23-2013 Received at NVC (63 days)

06-10-2013 AoS Invoice Paid

06-12-2013 AoS Delivered

07-03-2013 AoS Approved

06-17-2013 IV Invoice Paid

06-24-2013 IV Delivered

07-17-2013 IV Approved

07-17-2013 NVC Case Complete (54 days)

07-31-2013 Received Interview email (dated 07-30-2013)

09-04-2013 Interview (Approved)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You need to call them and they will give you the case number and invoice number then you will fill out the form so that you can start receiving emails. then you can pay and send in your AOS packet and then your Visa packet.

You need to follow the NVC steps on this website, that is what I did and it was right on point!

Timeline

Hi Folks, thanks for all the response regarding my inquire as usual they were useful, informative & greatly appreciated. I finally received a response from NVC yesterday & my wife & I must be the most unlucky persons on earth as NVC response indicated that they have no record of receiving our petition. We were asked to scan & e-mail to their research center copies of our I-797 Approval Notice & we have complied with their instruction & I have no idea what will happend next. If anyone has any advice on how we should proceed in getting matters back on track it will be greatly appreciated as I am totally confused.

I remember I had emailed NVC once about our case and it took them 2 weeks to give me the answer. I had already gotten the answer I was looking for much earlier though because I decided not to wait for their response and call. Emailing NVC is kind of a gamble since it varies as to when they respond. Unless you title the subject line as SUPERVISOR REVIEW, they normally take a long time to email back. Best option-call! :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

It has been forty-seven (47) working days since receiving NOA 2 (3/12/2013) and NVC is still saying that they not received our (my wife & I) petition, anyone has any advice on how I should proceed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It has been forty-seven (47) working days since receiving NOA 2 (3/12/2013) and NVC is still saying that they not received our (my wife & I) petition, anyone has any advice on how I should proceed.

I am in the same situation as you Volcar. It's been 56 days since I got my NOA2. I was at least successful at finding out where it is but that's as far the bureaucracy would let me go. Talking to the USCIS is pointless, their CS reps are clueless and even their Tier 2 ISO's are nothing more than call center reps that will give you a different answer each time you call them.

The NVC was the one that got me the location of our casefile but it did take them almost 3 weeks to get back to me. Just to give you a timeline,

I sent the NVC a copy of my NOA2 on April 11th.

They got back to me on May 1st telling me that my case file was located at the San Francisco office.

I contacted my congressman and senator on May 3rd and they sent their first inquiry just to verify it was there.

The USCIS responded on May 13th saying yes it sure is here!

Currently I am waiting for them to respond as to why is an approved petition is still sitting at their office when it should have arrived at the NVC 6 weeks+ ago.

As you can see we are stuck playing by their rules. They say they have 90 days to get it to the NVC and apparently some person decided that there is no rush on their part to getting it there any sooner, in my case anyway.

12-14-2012 I-130 Submitted
12-17-2012 NOA1
12-21-2012 Touched
03-21-2013 NOA2 (94 days)

05-23-2013 Received at NVC (63 days)

06-10-2013 AoS Invoice Paid

06-12-2013 AoS Delivered

07-03-2013 AoS Approved

06-17-2013 IV Invoice Paid

06-24-2013 IV Delivered

07-17-2013 IV Approved

07-17-2013 NVC Case Complete (54 days)

07-31-2013 Received Interview email (dated 07-30-2013)

09-04-2013 Interview (Approved)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am currently acting as an agent for my sister who is processing her visa application (who is an F1 benefiary - 26 years of waiting). NVC's average response time to my emails with regards to visa processing is usually three (3) weeks.

If you are sending your documentation to NVC via postal mail, my suggestion is to CYA (Cover Your Aces). I sent all my snail mail correspondence to them via UPS. This way, I have a tracker on when it was received, what time and who received it. I also made copies of everything I sent them (again, to CYA :)

January 30 - My sister's visa processing was initially received.

January 31 - Affidavit of Support ("AOS") fee paid

March 8 - Notice to pay IV processing fee received; paid fee online on the same day.

March 25 - Notice to file CS-230 and AOS forms received.

April 8-9 - Completed forms and required documents sent.

April 24 - Checklist for Missing Documents received (I forgot to type in my Dad's name on p. 7 of the AOS).

April 25 - Updated AOS sent.

May 16 - Notice of pending Interview Appointment received.

As you can see from the above, one slight error on any pertinent documentation means another three weeks of waiting into the process (I find this unacceptable, but NVC indicates they process based on a FIFO (First In, First Out) basis unless you request certain exemptions from the rule.

Manila Embassy website indicates another one (1) to three (3) months before they get interviewed. Given my nephew's birthday on July 28, when he turns 16, I am hoping they will grant them an interview next month. Otherwise, anything past July 28 may require him to get a Police and NBI clearance.

VolcarSS, I suggest having your daughter call on your behalf to follow-up. It may help if she follows-up on the matter; it sometimes (not always) help to get her local District representative involved. NVC somehow responds when they see a political figure's form of communication.

Goodluck!

Timeline

Thanks for all the feedback Folks it is greatly appreciated. Our daughter contacted USCIS twice since receiving NVC response & even spoke with a supervisor who insisted that the Petitions were sent to NVC & they even sent her (via mail) another set od the I-797 (NOV2) Approval Notice as proof. As such we do not know who to believe as USCIS is ambient that they were sent & NVC has repeatedly state that they have not received them. I recently came across a story by Robert E Blunt Deputy Director of NVC in May 2012 of State Magazine (http://digitaledition.state.gov/publ...?i=108925&p=36) where it was stated that NVC Unofficial Motto is "Not a file a family" this apparently was not an accurate statement or is no longer so as there seems to be no urgency of their part to unite families.

Timeline

Hi Folks, well there is some good news, I contacted NVC this morning & they are now acknowledging receipt of my petition, however, they are unable to say when it will be added to their system. I suppose I should be elated as this is much better that their earlier response of not receiving it. I am now anxious to see how long it will take NVC to add my petition to their system, wish me luck Folks.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

There has been further development regarding my wife & I petition the nature of which is as follows. On Thursday, May 30, 2013 our daughter received an e-mail from NVC indicating that my wife's petition has been assigned a Case Number & that her petition is now eligible for further processing. And that the petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record will receive an instruction package regarding further processing of this petition, however, my petition is still to be assigned a Case Number. As a consequence of the aforementioned, I have the following question for all NVC experts. Should I proceed to forward (via e-mail) to NVC to choose of agent correspondence in place of waiting and sending in the DS-3032 form or will doing so adversely affect the process. As usual all responses will be greatly appreciated.

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi , My spouse filed I-130 for me on March 5th 2015 while he was a legal permanent resident. The I-130 was approved from USCIS on May 5th 2015 and they forward the file to NVC. We got nvc case number in June 3rd 2015. Now Myspouse become US Citizen on 16th July 2015 and our attorney sent the naturalization certifictae and my husband's change of name certificate from the district court in mail to the NVC in July 16th . My spouse contacted the NVC customer representative over the phone and they said my case is still under F2A and not yet received these documents.

How many days it taken for upgrading visa category from F2A to IR1?

Thanks in advance..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.