PalestineMyHeart

Muslim Women Shockingly Not Grateful for Topless European Ladies Trying To 'Save' Them

248 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

There is nothing normal about being overly aggressive, nor is aggression a male trait only. Please check your gender biases at the door before entering an intelligent discussion.

Thank you :thumbs: Sure there are some bullies in the world (of both genders) but in my experience, the usual or normal "male" nature is to be protective of females and children.

Seems that she was forced to say that. Starting at about 6:15 Amina confirms that she was pushed to condemn the burning of the flag.

But I suppose the women in that clip is just a double that FEMEN has created...

Seems like everything about her story keeps changing.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's true that some of the rallies and protests included US flag-burning. (Well, usually not a real US flag but ones they had made, with the wrong number of stars and stripes, and the blue was the wrong color - they used the sky blue of the Israeli flag which they had also made - or maybe that was done that on purpose.)

I always assumed burning a nation's flag was a representation of burning or destroying the nation itself. Like you want to remove that flag from existence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There is no part of Islam that isn't decent and peaceloving.

:blink:

We must define Islam differently. I happen to believe that if the leaders within a religion call on their congregants to certain actions, that is the religion, at least a part of it, you hold accountable. You must not feel that those radical imams speak for any part of Islam. They seem to believe they do.

Timeline

I always assumed burning a nation's flag was a representation of burning or destroying the nation itself. Like you want to remove that flag from existence.

You mean like when Americans burned the flag during the Vietnam war ?

:blink:

We must define Islam differently. I happen to believe that if the leaders within a religion call on their congregants to certain actions, that is the religion, at least a part of it, you hold accountable. You must not feel that those radical imams speak for any part of Islam. They seem to believe they do.

Well, that's your mistake.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Not really. It's pretty straightforward. She was forced to say something she did not want to say. That's her account. Or is what she says all of sudden not important anymore?

I am not disputing that she may have said something under pressure. Might be pressure from fear of Salafist groups in Tunisia, and she might also be feeling pressure to say what FEMEN wants to hear as well - because she wants to start her own FEMEN group. I'm just pointing out the fact that her story keeps changing.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

Yes. Like that.

I don't think most of those protestors were in fact wanting to "destroy" the US. Most of them were protesting US government policies.

But I can't help but marvel that this idea of "burning flag = call for destruction" gets proposed in a thread where people have been vehemently defending FEMEN's right to burn a flag that represents many Muslims while at the same time denying that this is any insult to Islam, much less a call to "destroy" it.

But it's different when it's your flag, I guess.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

I don't think most of those protestors were in fact wanting to "destroy" the US. Most of them were protesting US government policies.

But I can't help but marvel that this idea of "burning flag = call for destruction" gets proposed in a thread where people have been vehemently defending FEMEN's right to burn a flag that represents many Muslims while at the same time denying that this is any insult to Islam, much less a call to "destroy" it.

But it's different when it's your flag, I guess.

People have a right to burn it. I always felt that the American flag represented what we believe as a nation on the international scene. I also think it's distasteful to burn another country's flag or religious book for that matter. Seems like if you want a change in policy, burning a flag is counter productive. Its just going to offend people who believe in what it stands for. The imagery to me means "to hell with you" not, hey I wish you'd stop supporting Israel.

Edited by GandD

Timeline

People have a right to burn it. I always felt that the American flag represented what we believe as a nation on the international scene. I also think it's distasteful to burn another country's flag or religious book for that matter. Seems like if you want a change in policy, burning a flag is counter productive. Its just going to offend people who believe in what it stands for. The imagery to me means "to hell with you" not, hey I wish you'd stop supporting Israel.

Well, personally, I've never burned a flag. Yes, it does offend people.

But if you're Muslim and you're offended by it, somehow it means you're unreasonable and in a state of perpetual rage.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

But if you're Muslim and you're offended by it, somehow it means you're unreasonable and in a state of perpetual rage.

Well, you're assuming everyone thinks that. For sure some do. I don't blame you for being offended but I'd be against "barring" people from doing it. Still, I wish people would find more productive outlets for their frustration. I suppose moderates are rarely heard though..........

Filed: Timeline

I would agree with that. Burning a flag is a form of protest. There's nothing wrong with that form of protest either. Not when it's the US flag and not when it's another flag. People need to seriously stop getting their panties in a wad over other people protesting. As long as nobody gets hurt (and I mean physically - not talking about someone getting his or her little feelings hurt), it's fair game.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There is nothing normal about being overly aggressive, nor is aggression a male trait only. Please check your gender biases at the door before entering an intelligent discussion.

An intelligent discussion of male aggression recognizes that males naturally have higher levels of testosterone than females and that this hormone does increase a tendency to aggression. You have a problem with the well-established science on this? Why do you have a need to construct a flimsy straw-man argument to then knock down? Nobody said that aggression is only a male trait! And you use a circular logic in your statement making the profound observation that "there is nothing normal about being overly aggressive". You do realize there is nothing normal about being 'overly' anything, don't you? Isn't that the definition of abnormal? (ab-normal as in above normal) What do you feel was particularly intelligent about your contribution here? :wacko:

Timeline

I would agree with that. Burning a flag is a form of protest. There's nothing wrong with that form of protest either. Not when it's the US flag and not when it's another flag. People need to seriously stop getting their panties in a wad over other people protesting. As long as nobody gets hurt (and I mean physically - not talking about someone getting his or her little feelings hurt), it's fair game.

I def don't lose sleep over it. But It doesn't make me want to help them. Isn't the goal of a protest to change public opinion? To me, displays of aggression (fire involved) are off putting. I am very moved when I see how the non-violent protesters of the civil rights movement were treated. It made me hate the police or shop owners after seeing what they did to the protesters. A much more effective means of showing injustice in my opinion. I usually ignore or roll my eyes when I see people angrily shouting any sides rhetoric.

Timeline

Well, you're assuming everyone thinks that. For sure some do. I don't blame you for being offended but I'd be against "barring" people from doing it. Still, I wish people would find more productive outlets for their frustration. I suppose moderates are rarely heard though..........

I didn't mean you, personally. It's a reference to some of the remarks made in this thread.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015