5,407 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

This is is unnecessary and rude! You have a right to your opinion, but we try to be supportive on this thread. We are all going through the same process and there is nothing stopping someone from trying for an expedite. If you have the right evidence to back up your case, then you might just get lucky and USCIS approves it.

This person was asking for opinions, you could have simply said "no you won't" or "this is a bunch of....." and moved on. No need to add the "I hope you don't get it". How would you like it if I now told you "i hope it takes your petition another year to get through!" Its just rude and childish. Sad.

Thanks very much for your support Jilly30. I admire all the info that you have shared with me till now through posts/msgs, it was really helpful. I completely understand that all the guys are super stressed here, so they just type in whateva comes to their mind; they are not at fault. I just turned a deaf ear to such posts. I was shocked to see such replies really, i didn't expected this at all, as it was just opinion of all you guys that i sought here, otherwise anyway i will get my answer from congressman in few days. I thought it may help others to file an expedite if i got approved.

However, if i am getting 10 supporters here with favourable replies, i won't mind getting 1 unsupportive answer also. That is all fine to me.

I just hope that all of us should get approve ASAP.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Now that everyone has had a chance to have their say, any additional posts that do nothing more than to stir up drama or are meant as bait for a specific kind of response will not be tolerated.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

My PD is 3/2013 USC.. im currently working and my contract will end in 2015 but it may end in 4 months due to alot irregularity of my company.. to you guys think its ok to expedite my case due to financial hardship?

Theres no need for such a harsh attack on INDIM. Everyone can file an expidite just as much as people can file for a k3. Actually I want to consider filing an expedite myself this week and its up to someone in USCIS to approve it. Hope for a noa2 this November.

My PD is 3/2013 USC.. im currently working and my contract will end in 2015 but it may end in 4 months due to alot irregularity of my company.. to you guys think its ok to expedite my case due to financial hardship?

Try It and see what happens. Anything to look at our files is better than nothing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone - so I finally tried the Tier 2 operator call, and got pretty much the same response as everyone else. Both operators were perfectly nice, but can't say anything other than, "You haven't been transferred to a local office" (which is actually useful information) and the same "They're working on October 2012" that everyone else has gotten.

Obviously we all know that October 2012 aren't the only files getting approved right now, so my theory is that in order to avoid complaints, they are basing their standard processing times off of the OLDEST files that are currently being processed and not the AVERAGE age of the files being approved. That gives the MSC the largest window of time before people can start complaining about being outside "standard processing times".

Not that it makes it okay - and I'm just guessing - but I suspect that's the reasoning behind it.

It does start to make me really nervous that he won't get here before next summer - even though we are legally married, we are planning a family wedding ceremony for next June, and we had thought initially that there was no way this process would take longer than that. Now it looks like our worst-case scenario might come true - and we have to start planning for it just in case. Luckily, I am in a position to possibly take a month off in the summer (skype in for work meetings and such) and go be with him in Germany, which we might have to do if it comes to that.

Let's hope that it doesn't, and we all start to hear more April approvals soon. And let's send some good thoughts to those poor people from October 2012 who might still be waiting for approvals!

em

I talked to a Tier 2 as well. The first operator I spoke with gave me the standard paper reading answers and told me to wait a year to get approved. LOL. So I asked and was transferred to a Tier 2 who helped me to confirm what I was already thinking. He said they were telling customers that they are currently processing October 2012 because that's what shows on the NBC website and because of slight delays with files that were transferred. Obviously we can all see that there have been approvals after October 2012. I took it as USCIS is telling petitioners that to cover their own asses. Just wanted to share the info in case anyone was interested and because the info I got kinda makes sense with the info on the post I quoted. Hopefully we will start seeing more approvals for everyone soon. :)

Filed: Timeline

Your other post said you're from Canada so you can do Electronic Processing if you want for the NVC step (which I would suggest because it saves some time!). You can follow this guide that will have all the information and steps you'll need for it: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_for_Montreal_Beneficiaries_%E2%80%93_Electronic_Processing_and_New_Online_Forms

Also, in reference to the post about visiting while your case is still pending. As long as you bring proof of ties to your home country - like a job letter stating when you'll need to be back, a lease letter, mortgage payments, return ticket, or other things that show you have a life you need to return to - you have a chance of being let in. It's never guaranteed because it's up to the officer at the border, but you can always try! If you search for similar situations, a lot of people have posted about it on here and will give you some ideas of proof of ties.

im in US, sponsoring wife from canada, so can I still do that electronic processing in the link?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

im in US, sponsoring wife from canada, so can I still do that electronic processing in the link?

thanks

Yep! Only certain countries let you submit your documents via email, and Canada is one of them.

Timeline

Hello guys..

I have been coming to this forum and you guys have been helping me to keep my head up..I feel that Im not the only one just waiting waiting and waiting..ClockWatch2.gif Im the beneficiary and April filer by the way..

My husband tried to expedite our case more than a month ago. He called and talked to the tier2 a few times to find out whats going on.

The only answers he got were they couldnt locate the file and didnt know where it was. They also said someone has it and whoever has it has to update it, so just wait.

That means our file got lost doesnt it? Hope Im wrongcray5ol.gif Oh and one of them told my husband that the file could be at Vermont since he is from NJ but she wasnt sure. The receipt # is MSC#######.

Any of you have any ideas? Is it possible for the files to get transferred to Vermont?

Thanks alot..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello guys..

I have been coming to this forum and you guys have been helping me to keep my head up..I feel that Im not the only one just waiting waiting and waiting..ClockWatch2.gif Im the beneficiary and April filer by the way..

My husband tried to expedite our case more than a month ago. He called and talked to the tier2 a few times to find out whats going on.

The only answers he got were they couldnt locate the file and didnt know where it was. They also said someone has it and whoever has it has to update it, so just wait.

That means our file got lost doesnt it? Hope Im wrongcray5ol.gif Oh and one of them told my husband that the file could be at Vermont since he is from NJ but she wasnt sure. The receipt # is MSC#######.

Any of you have any ideas? Is it possible for the files to get transferred to Vermont?

Thanks alot..

You can't force them to transfer the files, i think. Also you can contact your congressman about this (also inquiring what's happening to your petition if they're unable to locate it) and about the expedite. Sometimes they request expedites on behalf of the petitioner. What was the cause for expediting?

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Timeline

You can't force them to transfer the files, i think. Also you can contact your congressman about this (also inquiring what's happening to your petition if they're unable to locate it) and about the expedite. Sometimes they request expedites on behalf of the petitioner. What was the cause for expediting?

Thank you for the reply.

Yes we are thinking about contacting my husband's senator or congressman but we werent sure how reliable they could be..

My husband is in a war zone (DOD civilian, non military). Attacks has been getting worse and worse everyday and we are unable to communicate sometimes. I saw some people in a war zone expedited their case and got approved fast just like military people, so we tried to do as well.

I just wonder why they cant tell us where the file is at least. It seems like many people can find out where their cases are by calling USCIS...

I know I shouldnt think like this but This visa processing seems very unfair.. cray5ol.gif

***Now that everyone has had a chance to have their say, any additional posts that do nothing more than to stir up drama or are meant as bait for a specific kind of response will not be tolerated.***

That's the only time we get to hear from the lovely moderators :P haha

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.